Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Blues | 8 pm | MSG

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Sure we can. We have Staal available to play forward.
upload_2020-1-12_13-46-23.jpeg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No..Not every sport is physical and I'm not sure what that has to do with this sport but if you don't think you have to be tough to endure a playoff run in the NHL then you're sorely mistaken..
Of course you do but it's a f***ing obsession on here and in this organization.

We're set there. We don't need more of it and it's so far from the problem with this team.

Reactions: Riche16

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Of course you do but it's a ****ing obsession on here and in this organization.

We're set there. We don't need more of it and it's so far from the problem with this team.

This is a f***ing perimeter team.
Gimme Tom Wilson lol

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Good point. Kakko could use a game off. He's actually flashing some skill occasionally but I agree they occasional game watching from the press box could be very valuable. But at the moment it's a luxury the team can't afford.

Agree with this sentiment as a general point, but not from this game. Kakko was the 2nd best forward outside of Chytil. He kinda slowed down in the 3rd but heand Chytil were the only forwards who seemed to absorb contact from the Blues. Everyone else included Strome and Panarin shied away and tried squirming. Speaking of which that Panarin Strome, Fast line is fine against many opponents but they're not going to match up well against really big, physical teams. They're just too small. Strome in particular was invisible. As much as I hate when Quinn messes with the lines, I think he should have tried Panarin with Chytil and Kakko here and there. Or Zibby. Just get your best (smallish) player with some big bodies who can keep possession a little better than what Strome and Fast could muster (which wasn't much tonight!).

Finally, I will say this. A lot of Hank's game has been based on staying deep in the net and relying on his reflexes. He's never been great handling the puck. He's just been great at blocking it from going into the net. And far too often this season his reflexes have not been close to vintage Hank. Without those reflexes, it's the equivalent of Marc Staal playing with one and a half eyes. As much as I hate to say it I really think Hank should hang them up after this year. And this isn't even about solving the three goalie problem. It's about protecting his legacy.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Kakko should be sent down after the deadline. He's not ready. DeAngelo showed tonight why I've said he will get dealt at the deadline. One, his value is high. Two, he sucks defensively and keeping the puck out of your net is your defensemans most important job. Three, size matters on D, look at the Blues. Four, we badly need to upgrade our crappy forwards. Buchnevich is garbage. Fast makes no sense here. This team doesn't need softer role players like him. They need more Lemieux's. Clowns like Smith and McKegg have no business on an NHL team.

Said it for over a month now. DeAngelo to Vegas for Tuch and a pick. Use Georgiev to dump Smith to the Flames and try to get a first, Bennett and Jankowski. Both guys are having awful years but should bounce back. Bennett is a tough player. Jankowski has great size. You need guys like that on your team. Trade Buchnevich and try to find another Lemieux type out there. That guy has to go.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Well the Blues are the champs and are playing near there apex so lets be real.
Filip being our biggest, strongest forward matched up perfectly. Filip is becoming an every situation player and needs more minutes.
Kaako needs to train this summer with Filip and then pair Panarin with them and we will have a legit top line.
A guy like Sundqvist is a perfect example of a 3rd line C and acquiring someone like him should be a priority.
Tuch from Vegas has appeal because of his size. Yes he could play bigger and can we coach up his physicality?
So what do you do with Strome? Wing? Trade? Sign?

Projection 2020-2021
Bread-Filip-K2
xxx-Mika-Pavel(not doing it for me)
Lemieux-Strome-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx

Looking at our forward group next year a case can be made to keep Kreider and Fast.
Without Kreider and Fast resigned and not trading Pavel we need 6 forwards. Howden is a waste.

So if we sign Kreider as 2LW and Fast as 3RW we need 2 Centers(Strome is not a playoff center) and 4th line wings

Potential 2020-2021
Bread-Filip-K2
Kreider-Mika-Tuch....love the size of this line
Lemieux-xxx-Fast
xxx-xxx-xxx

Strome(5 mil) and Pavel(5mil) money goes to Kreider(6.5) and Fast(3.5)

Need Big Fast 3rd line Center and complete 4th line

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Seriously though, the lacking elements in Quinn's coaching should make him dismiss-able. He's not here to win so it should be a lot easier to let him go when his teaching and development has lagged. We need a really solid NHL coach that knows the fine points of the game really well so all the players, kids and vets, can learn how to play an NHL defensive scheme and beyond.
Like who?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Pretty much said that Chytil is developing well. He’s doing and everything the coaching staff is asking and with the way he’s developing, looking back, he would easily be the player the Rangers would select at 7.
Rangers should probably do themselves a favor and tell their employees to shut the f*** up about Andersson until it’s resolved

Just comes off bad

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Vally just throwing Andersson under the bus. Chytil would have been the #7 pick if they did it again today...
What Vally said isn't exactly a revelation.
I think it is obvious that Chytil has a very bright future. Lias...not so much.

Deleted member 23124

Pretty much said that Chytil is developing well. He’s doing and everything the coaching staff is asking and with the way he’s developing, looking back, he would easily be the player the Rangers would select at 7.
Mick the Mouth said something similar in the first period after Chytil scored his goal -- something to the effect about players going down to Hartford to work on their game and working on their game to force their way back to the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad