Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Blues | 8 pm | MSG

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Yes. Replaced by John Hynes.
Whoa.

LOL at Nashville replacing him with John f***ing Hynes. I feel like I'm being punk'd but I looked it up to confirm it. What a downgrade for them even if the move was done to shake the room up.

I'm all for bringing on Lavi and demoting Quinn to assistant. Banish Ruff to the Netherworld.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
It would still show up. You're wrong no matter where you put the goalposts.

I'm not moving any goal posts.
Scrums aren't hits and it happens in every single game and it wears you out.
You're just refusing to accept that hockey is a physical sport.

Curious as to how you ever got attracted to hockey in the first place honestly.

Reactions: will1066

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not moving any goal posts.
Scrums aren't hits and it happens in every single game and it wears you out.
You're just refusing to accept that hockey is a physical sport.

Curious as to how you ever got attracted to hockey in the first place honestly.
Almost every sport is a physical sport and they're all ultimately won by the team that's better at it, not the team that's tougher at it.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Whoa.

LOL at Nashville replacing him with John ****ing Hynes. I feel like I'm being punk'd but I looked it up to confirm it. What a downgrade for them even if the move was done to shake the room up.

I'm all for bringing on Lavi and demoting Quinn to assistant. Banish Ruff to the Netherworld.

Would I ever lie? :)

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Seriously though, the lacking elements in Quinn's coaching should make him dismiss-able. He's not here to win so it should be a lot easier to let him go when his teaching and development has lagged. We need a really solid NHL coach that knows the fine points of the game really well so all the players, kids and vets, can learn how to play an NHL defensive scheme and beyond.

Reactions: Gresch04

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Seriously though, the lacking elements in Quinn's coaching should make him dismiss-able. He's not here to win so it should be a lot easier to let him go when his teaching and development has lagged. We need a really solid NHL coach that knows the fine points of the game really well so all the players, kids and vets, can learn how to play an NHL defensive scheme and beyond.
He's a moron but the way you said it was very polite :D

Reactions: Gresch04 and Tob

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Whelp....it kinda felt like...
giphy.gif

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Quinn might need to be more of a developmental type and not a head coach? I mean I dunno. I dont think this team is as bad as most but maybe they need some veteran nhl coach? I’m wishy washy on it though.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I just feel this team lacks a killer instinct that's so important when you play the top teams. Four minute power play and they were nonchalant.
there's something missing in the culture of the team for sure.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Quinn might need to be more of a developmental type and not a head coach? I mean I dunno. I dont think this team is as bad as most but maybe they need some veteran nhl coach? I’m wishy washy on it though.

edmonton went through a economy pack of wishy washy coaches that couldn't catch up to the game with a young inexperienced group and that didn't turn out too well. Quinn was fine for a year or two but I do think now is when they need to bring in someone experienced and capable of winning.

Reactions: Cmox

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm all for a guy who's a teacher and not a good in-game coach at this stage, but our prospects haven't really been developing at a satisfactory pace.

Reactions: Cmox and mike14

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Regardless of Xs and Os ability, he seems like an excellent communicator who's not being listened to as evidenced by large swaths of the team playing large stretches of games in a manner no coach would ever instruct them to.

At a certain point you get rid of the coach because you cant get rid of like 13 guys. Maybe this coming offseason but I think they'll give him a 3rd year.

Reactions: zephyr and Cmox

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Not at all disappointed by the loss. The Blues have been decent this season (not great but somehow first in the west), and are the defending champions, and at home.

The Rangers were coming off a pretty good stretch of games (12-14ish games) up until tonight.

Let's see how they rebound against the Islanders double-header.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Talent and coaching?
both to be sure, but there's a laconic tone a lot of them have that's kind of inherent. im not sure if you fix it by straight subtraction of those elements, addition of some rah-rah guys, bag skates, new coaching entirely, or what combination of the above.

Deleted member 23124

I just feel this team lacks a killer instinct that's so important when you play the top teams. Four minute power play and they were nonchalant.
This is nothing new...they haven't had a killer instinct in decades.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Almost every sport is a physical sport and they're all ultimately won by the team that's better at it, not the team that's tougher at it.

No..Not every sport is physical and I'm not sure what that has to do with this sport but if you don't think you have to be tough to endure a playoff run in the NHL then you're sorely mistaken..

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Our lineup is short two top 6 wingers, we have a defenseman playing forward, an enforcer with no skill playing, a young offensive minded defense and are in year 1.5 of the rebuild. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised we would be outclassed by the stanley cup champions, I have no idea why people continue to blame the coaches when the team is full of holes or youth.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Just got back to watching this game from a week's vacation.

When do we start to give Kakko some time off? Forward depth is so shallow on this team that Haley and Smith are getting ice time. Gorton needs to get some veteran forward depth in the organization this summer to insulate the kids a little bit. Kakko and (hopefully) Kravtsov are going to need games off to re-calibrate and heal up.
Good point. Kakko could use a game off. He's actually flashing some skill occasionally but I agree they occasional game watching from the press box could be very valuable. But at the moment it's a luxury the team can't afford.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I'm all for a guy who's a teacher and not a good in-game coach at this stage, but our prospects haven't really been developing at a satisfactory pace.
Well Lias obviously hasn’t but I think things are going fine otherwise. My rule of thumb is half your prospects just wont pan out, and that they shouldn’t be expected to be impact NHLers for 3-5 years.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad