Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Blue Jackets: Emp...empty net?

Green Blob*

Sorta OT, but CBJ has probably the most obnoxious in-arena sounds/music choices besides Philly's PECOOOOO POWER PLAYYY.

Nope the idiot from NJ wins that. Guy thinks hes announcing a monster truck rally.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
funny how Henrik makes key saves and gets 1st star over Stepan's hat trick. Cam Talbot doesn't even get 3rd star but somehow Bobrovsky gets 2nd star on the night.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Maybe it's just me....but this whole "o" thing is utterly annoying and not funny.

As for the game. Solid win. We've been far more creative on O and on the PP than ever with Torts. I'm thrilled we're not strictly a dump and chase team.

Talbot is extremely poised and a solid backup thus far.

Very happy with the team thus far.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
BUT BYRON ****ING SUCKS. GIGANTOR WHO ISN'T FIGHTING EVERYONE OR SCORING 50 GOALS. AND HIS STUPID FACIAL HAIR AND THE FACT THAT HE'S MERELY AN ABOVE AVERAGE SKATER FOR HIS SIZE INSTEAD OF ELITE.

C'mon, son.

The Boyle hate on these boards has always been comical.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Boyle's been really good as of late.

And before that, he was terrible beyond anything. Do you know what they call a Brian Boyle that doesn't play with heart, fire, win battles, or use his size?

Taylor Pyatt

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
Watching replay.

That 1st Hagelin goal was dripping with hockey iq. Awesome use of his quickness to cut in front of the CBJ dman & great job by Cally reading the play.

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
Team looks really confident and creative in the offensive zone.

I will also say, i like Anisimov's play in this game. Would love to have him back some time.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
They might not be good comparables but watching Gaborik and Kreider side to side made me feel pretty good. Gaborik is a floater in the truest sense of the word, did absolutely nothing while not scoring (which he really didn't do). But then there's Kreider where although he didn't have any goals he continues to just fly. Playing physical, getting it to teammates, backchecking, rushing the puck, I never thought Kreider would be a bring-it-every-night player. It's getting harder and harder to say I hope he keeps it up, because that's all he's been doing.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
They might not be good comparables but watching Gaborik and Kreider side to side made me feel pretty good. Gaborik is a floater in the truest sense of the word, did absolutely nothing while not scoring (which he really didn't do). But then there's Kreider where although he didn't have any goals he continues to just fly. Playing physical, getting it to teammates, backchecking, rushing the puck, I never thought Kreider would be a bring-it-every-night player. It's getting harder and harder to say I hope he keeps it up, because that's all he's been doing.

Well put. And then the slight difference in expences and prospects makes it even more obvious. Weird how things changes fast in this business from last season and early on this season. They have done a good job with him.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Good win.

Taking a good look at the Metro, even if we end up being a mediocre team, we should make the playoffs. Because the Metro SUCKS. The Pens are better than us, but the only other 2 teams I consider somewhat challenging us are WSH and NYI, and they have more holes in their rosters than we do, imo.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
It's such a relief to see AV in the Box when someone is taking more or less dumb penalties. No eye rolling. No head sheaking. Just move on.
Last game when he was interviewed he actually managed to say "my pleasure" in the end. As entertaining the old press conferences were, I like this approach better.

ajdj10

Feb 14, 2012
Neverland
It's such a relief to see AV in the Box when someone is taking more or less dumb penalties. No eye rolling. No head sheaking. Just move on.
Last game when he was interviewed he actually managed to say "my pleasure" in the end. As entertaining the old press conferences were, I like this approach better.

They're good when we're winning.
But I love Torts pressers after a loss. It gave me something to look forward to :P

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
They're good when we're winning.
But I love Torts pressers after a loss. It gave me something to look forward to :P

They brought som comfort, I agree:) Hopefully we can continue the winning, and wacth a sour Tort grind the press i Vancouver. Best of two worlds.

Vickers8

Good win.

Taking a good look at the Metro, even if we end up being a mediocre team, we should make the playoffs. Because the Metro SUCKS. The Pens are better than us, but the only other 2 teams I consider somewhat challenging us are WSH and NYI, and they have more holes in their rosters than we do, imo.

Not willing to consede Pens are better, especially when Fleury is their #1 tender

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Good win.

but people have been telling me our roster is flawed and the teflon gm needs to go

Bardof425*

Good win. Great 2nd period; Bob was a beast to keep it close.

However, pouliot continues to do dumb things; unnecessary icings, dumping when there's a play to be made; soft passes in D zone and shockingly Mr. Boyle played like Mr. Boyle; slow to the puck; no offensive pressure; bad reads and even losing several key draws clean. I can't believe he didn't sustain the level he reached vs. Pitt.

Talbot is doing his job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad