Rangers away supporters

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
Is anyone here go to Rangers away in Tampa on Sunday? Seeing as they don't offer away fan sections, standing next to local Tampa lads would be acceptable? Do Rangers help with organizing an away fans pub before the game?

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Is anyone here go to Rangers away in Tampa on Sunday? Seeing as they don't offer away fan sections, standing next to local Tampa lads would be acceptable? Do Rangers help with organizing an away fans pub before the game?

Yeah the only time things are really "organized" is when WeBleedBlue does their once a year road trip (we've gone to Florida, Long Island, Jersey, and Vegas with them) Those always get a solid turnout of fans and we takeup a good chunk of a section.

For this weekend there will be plenty of Ranger fans in the building so i wouldn't worry about being next to a Tampa local. It's not like a soccer match where someone might slit your throat for supporting the other club.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
of course they don't. The org doesnt do anything for the fans above the bare minimum.

Do any teams offer organized travel through the actual organization? The Rangers did two trips back in the mid 2010s to Boston and Philly with Amtrak.

I can't recall seeing any other teams do anything similar.

Reactions: nyrmetros

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
So I don't know if this is OT for the thread, but there needs to be some sort of Wake County NC Rangers fan club.

There are a ton of Rangers fans in Raleigh and the surrounding area yet no designated official Rangers bar or anything. We need to change that.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
So I don't know if this is OT for the thread, but there needs to be some sort of Wake County NC Rangers fan club.

There are a ton of Rangers fans in Raleigh and the surrounding area yet no designated official Rangers bar or anything. We need to change that.
I lived in Holly Springs until 2006. I remember there was a bar named Blinco's Sports Bar in Raleigh that was owned by people from Buffalo and it became the Sabres/Bills bar, although it was the only place somewhat hockey themed for a long time, so Hurricanes fans patronized it too. Not sure if the place exists any more.

Back then some bars did host NFL fan clubs. Maybe find out if the bars still do this and who hosts the Giants or Jets. With Raleigh not having an NFL team and the Panthers/Redskins not having as much reach into the area as you'd think, that's why the bars did it. That may not apply with hockey, especially with the city being so full of Hurricanes bandwagoners and petty "jerks" who may attack places on social media if they hosted a Rangers fan club.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I lived in Holly Springs until 2006. I remember there was a bar named Blinco's Sports Bar in Raleigh that was owned by people from Buffalo and it became the Sabres/Bills bar, although it was the only place somewhat hockey themed for a long time, so Hurricanes fans patronized it too. Not sure if the place exists any more.

Back then some bars did host NFL fan clubs. Maybe find out if the bars still do this and who hosts the Giants or Jets. With Raleigh not having an NFL team and the Panthers/Redskins not having as much reach into the area as you'd think, that's why the bars did it. That may not apply with hockey, especially with the city being so full of Hurricanes bandwagoners and petty "jerks" who may attack places on social media if they hosted a Rangers fan club.

Interesting, I live in Holly Springs currently, though it is way different now than it was in '06. I lived in Cary from '96-'05 as a kid/college student, then moved to Delaware and PA for a number of years, came back to NC in 2016, first down by Fayetteville, now in Holly Springs.

Can't afford real estate though. :laugh:

I'm not kidding though, I'll start a damn facebook group.

We need to organize this county.

Reactions: NCRanger

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Interesting, I live in Holly Springs currently, though it is way different now than it was in '06. I lived in Cary from '96-'05 as a kid/college student, then moved to Delaware and PA for a number of years, came back to NC in 2016, first down by Fayetteville, now in Holly Springs.

Can't afford real estate though. :laugh:

I'm not kidding though, I'll start a damn facebook group.

We need to organize this county.
I first moved to Charlotte from NJ in '98. Moved to Raleigh in '99. Bought a house in Holly Springs, moved in over the weekend of the Super Bowl with the Giants and Ravens.

My neighborhood was south of what was the center of town along 55 which was a two lane road. Now, there's a giant shopping center across from my old neighborhood and 55 is a 4 lane highway, although the bypass was built when I was there and the 4 lanes to Fuquay was completed a little before we moved back to Charlotte.

I may take a ride down there in a few weeks. My daughter is going to attend the NC State Women's basketball camp, so we'll have to make the trip and back up twice.

As for real estate, I bought my house in Holly Springs in '00 for $141,500. Sold it in '06 for $145,000. Bought this one in Charlotte for $151,000. Bank claims it is now worth $415,000! I thought I was robbing the bank back in '20 when I got an equity loan that paid off ALL outstanding debt except mortgage and car. Even with that based on the bank's value, I still have over $200k equity. Unfortunately, selling does not good because any other place is just as insanely inflated!

Reactions: mas0764

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I first moved to Charlotte from NJ in '98. Moved to Raleigh in '99. Bought a house in Holly Springs, moved in over the weekend of the Super Bowl with the Giants and Ravens.

My neighborhood was south of what was the center of town along 55 which was a two lane road. Now, there's a giant shopping center across from my old neighborhood and 55 is a 4 lane highway, although the bypass was built when I was there and the 4 lanes to Fuquay was completed a little before we moved back to Charlotte.

I may take a ride down there in a few weeks. My daughter is going to attend the NC State Women's basketball camp, so we'll have to make the trip and back up twice.

As for real estate, I bought my house in Holly Springs in '00 for $141,500. Sold it in '06 for $145,000. Bought this one in Charlotte for $151,000. Bank claims it is now worth $415,000! I thought I was robbing the bank back in '20 when I got an equity loan that paid off ALL outstanding debt except mortgage and car. Even with that based on the bank's value, I still have over $200k equity. Unfortunately, selling does not good because any other place is just as insanely inflated!

Yeah, I'm screwed. I bought in 2016 outside Fayetteville, which I had to be there for work, always wanted to return to the Triangle where I have family and lived for High school and college... anyway, I sold that house then in February 2021 because an opportunity arose for me to relocate from my Fayetteville office to my Raleigh office, and work remotely as well, but I wanted to get to Wake Co for my kids. Was thinking, oh, market is hot right now, I'll get a good price.

Oh I did. I got $10k over asking. Problem is that same house, I'd now get an additional $80k. And as soon as I sold in February 2021 is when prices shot through the roof. Stuff in Holly Springs that was $400k is now $600k or more.

Oh well -- cool story, bro, I know.

Anyway, I'm gonna make a NC Rangers FB group.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
You have asked many questions about this over the years. This is not Europe with designated sections for opposing fans. Buy tickets, go to the game. If you want to find out about bars in the area, go to the Lightning page they likley have a thread about the city itself. I have never heard of the the Rangers organizing a pre-game at a bar in another city. If a company like we bleed blue is running a trip, then they may have something. If there is a facebook group for tampa area rangers fans, they may have something. Google is your friend.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
Last edited:

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
How has Rangers away support been this season?

The game at Mullet arena in October was hilarious as the crowd of 5K was about 4,500 Ranger fans it felt like. Crowds in Vegas and Colorado this season also had more Ranger fans in attendance than I've seen in the past.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
How has Rangers away support been this season?
Do you ever watch their road games on tv? A good indicator is how loud the fans get when the Rangers score a goal. Since the home team is unlikely to have a horn go off or loud music for Rangers goals, you can likely get a good feel for an estimate to the size of the Rangers contingent in attendance.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
Do you ever watch their road games on tv? A good indicator is how loud the fans get when the Rangers score a goal. Since the home team is unlikely to have a horn go off or loud music for Rangers goals, you can likely get a good feel for an estimate to the size of the Rangers contingent in attendance.

So Carolina tonight has good away support..?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad