Rangers away supporters

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
Apologies if there is already a thread for this, but I searched and couldn't find it.

Rangers are a massive hockey club with a huge following. When it comes to away support how are we doing?

Aside from the local derbies with NJ, Philly and Long Island, where have you traveled for Rangers away games? What was the Rangers support like and how was the atmosphere?

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
The Rangers have the largest hockey fanbase in the United States. There's a chance that any road game can turn into a home game and many times we've seen it. Even putting aside Islanders, Sabres and Devils home games, look at the turnout in games in Carolina, Florida, Dallas, Arizona, California, Columbus and even Alberta. It's a huge boon to have our fans populate a lot of these away games and it's so awesome to see.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
I've seen the Rangers everywhere except for Columbus, Carolina, and St Louis. With the exception of Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Calgary there's always a nice turnout of fans at every rink. Some cities have larger turnouts but I would estimate that any given road game can have 15% of the crowd supporting the blueshirts.

I would say these are the top turnouts I've personally seen (excluding the NJ and Isles)

1) Florida
2) Tampa
3) Anaheim
4) Arizona
5) Vegas

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
I've seen the Rangers everywhere except for Columbus, Carolina, and St Louis. With the exception of Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Calgary there's always a nice turnout of fans at every rink. Some cities have larger turnouts but I would estimate that any given road game can have 15% of the crowd supporting the blueshirts.

I would say these are the top turnouts I've personally seen (excluding the NJ and Isles)

1) Florida
2) Tampa
3) Anaheim
4) Arizona
5) Vegas
Dallas gets a ton of Rangers fans from Dallas itself, Houston, Austin/San Antonio, etc. I've seen it up to about 50%.

Reactions: RosensRug

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013

1) Florida
2) Tampa
3) Anaheim
4) Arizona
5) Vegas

I am surprised Boston isn’t in your top 5. Yes there were several NYR fans in Vegas the year I went but Boston is regularly 30-40% blueshirt fans.

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
I went on a road trip a few years ago to Anaheim, LA and San Jose and I was shocked how many Rangers fans there were at all 3 games but especially in Anaheim.

Reactions: JimmyG89

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
IDK what Tampa has been doing to try to f*** with ticketing, but we always have a massive presence there and I would expect it to continue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Number 9

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Regardless of whatever ticket restriction BS Tampa tries to pull I expect there to be a very large NYR fan presence. So many Rangers fans live or have family in the Tampa/Clearwater/St.Pete/Orlando area that geo-restricting ticket sales probably isn't going to make a huge impact.

Reactions: Cmox

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

1) Florida

2) Tampa
3) Anaheim
4) Arizona
5) Vegas
Don't get to travel much, still trying to make my 1st million. (yeah, right) Beside the Garden, only these 2 for me. Checked pricing this morning especially for Game #6 (Saturday) and nose bleed cost $300 per. But THAT is not what is making me wince.
Last TB visit, really left a BAD taste in my mouth in 2015 PO's.
At that time way BEFORE winning the cup, their fans were absolutely brutal and nearly got into a fight. Can only imagine how "ENTITLED" they are now. I'd surely end up in jail.

• Wow
Reactions: tlk

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
What I thought this thread was going to be about was:

PROPS TO ALL THE RANGER FANS WHO MADE IT TO THE GAME LAST NIGHT!!!

You made a huge difference! The players noticed and were saying how much they appreciated so many of us being in the building.

I’m sure you had a blast!

Last edited:

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Do Rangers offer any organized away game travel or organized ticketing?
Not sure about anything official, but I know there are groups that do it. The We Bleed Blue dudes are like an unofficial booster club for away trips. There probably are more crews.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I have gone to games in LA, Colorado, Florida, Boston, NJ (gimme). I was hoping to see a game while I was close to Nashville but timing wise with Covid precautions and trip home didn't work. Always fun to rep in hostile territory, especially up in Boston. Colorado was one of the nicest arenas of all of those. LA was a giant pain in the dick and parking was a nightmare.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Hopefully we get a lot in Tampa for the ECF. My cousin just moved down there for work and I know he's going to at least one of those games. His record for Rangers playoff games is fantastic btw, one loss in a lot of games.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
Not sure about anything official, but I know there are groups that do it. The We Bleed Blue dudes are like an unofficial booster club for away trips. There probably are more crews.

Are they an official supporters club? I take it that's what a booster club is?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Do Rangers offer any organized away game travel or organized ticketing?
No this isn't European soccer.

There are a few goups that have organized Rangers road trips for fans, i.e. We Bleed Blue, some guy named Ted, even the Rangers Official Fan Club. But no, you can't buy tickets to road games THROUGH the rangers. I did have a rep once tell me she has connections at a few teams to get tix to road games.

Reactions: tlk

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
IDK what Tampa has been doing to try to f*** with ticketing, but we always have a massive presence there and I would expect it to continue.

I always ended up sitting next to a ranger fan the handful of times I went to a game in Amalie. In Vegas it feels like every other fan is a ranger supporter. It's great, we have the best fans in the league.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I went on a road trip a few years ago to Anaheim, LA and San Jose and I was shocked how many Rangers fans there were at all 3 games but especially in Anaheim.
Have done the Cali trip a few times and fully agree on Anaheim. That building was a full takeover by Rangers fans. San Jose is pretty good too in terms of NYR fans in the building. Did that one in December 2019 (Panarin hatty) and that building was full of blue sweaters.

Went to Nashville a few years ago and there were tons of Rangers fans as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad