Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
I think he can be a center in the Bergeron mold, probably not as good though.

Not anywhere as good in faceoffs, but defensively he's on par.

Offensively he's growing and approaching Bergeron production (in his better years)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Stepan will not be a top 5 center in the league. That said I think he will be a very good player and will be a true #1. I think Sather should lock him up.

Well, neither is Giroux. Stepan will be a solid center for us. If we get a 2nd line center to add to Stepan's production, we will have a solid line-up.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Not anywhere as good in faceoffs, but defensively he's on par.

Offensively he's growing and approaching Bergeron production (in his better years)

They are only five points apart at the current moment. Stepan will be every bit as good as Bergeron is now in a year or two, IMO, if he isn't already.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Can someone explain to me how our PK has all of a sudden become a force even if you take away the shorties? I really felt like the PK before the Cally trade was a little worse than most Torts PKs. Literally the PK was the only thing causing pause to me in a Cally for MSL trade. Since the trade teams barely get a sniff on the PP. It got better. We put in skill players and the PK got better. I'd understand if we were scoring shorthanded a lot but also giving a lot of goals.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Well, neither is Giroux. Stepan will be a solid center for us. If we get a 2nd line center to add to Stepan's production, we will have a solid line-up.

I like the idea of Stastny a lot - bring him in, you have a couple years with MSL, see what happens with Stastny-Stepan-Brassard and the rest of the team being very good. Even in the bad years later on I think that's a dumpable contract, at least it's not a Clarkson kind of deal. We won't be the only suitor, though.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
They are only five points apart at the current moment. Stepan will be every bit as good as Bergeron is now in a year or two, IMO, if he isn't already.

Right now yes. I'm curious if Stepan will able to reach 70 pts like Bergeron has before.

Snowblind, yes I think you're right. Stepan is more positonal while Bergeron is more physical. Both use their stick excellently.

Edit: One thing Bergeron undoubtedly has over Stepan is play off production and performance. Bergeron is an absolute warrior.

Last edited:

Wolfy*

Can someone explain to me how our PK has all of a sudden become a force even if you take away the shorties? I really felt like the PK before the Cally trade was a little worse than most Torts PKs. Literally the PK was the only thing causing pause to me in a Cally for MSL trade. Since the trade teams barely get a sniff on the PP. It got better. We put in skill players and the PK got better. I'd understand if we were scoring shorthanded a lot but also giving a lot of goals.

Zuccarello is the King of our great PK. He throws himself into shooting lanes without fear blocking shots.

And his long stick is sweeping all over the ice, making it hard to pass or shoot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad