Proposal: Rangers-Avalanche

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Rangers won't do this since Pavel has just broken out last year and right now is the more productive player.

I wouldn't do this as an Avs fan, Jost really stepped it up in the playoffs and we have seen enough glimpses and know his work ethic that he'll start putting it together.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Easy pass from the Rangers. Buch broke out after the TDL by molding his game, I wanna see if he can continue that first before trading him. He paced for 25 goals and 49 points on an offensively challenged team and was bounced around until later in the year when he started showing a much more aggressive side. Jost is pretty meh

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
No reason for the Avs to give up on Jost yet. He's still younger than Buchnevich was in his first NHL game, so it makes much more sense to just keep him and see what he can do in his 21 year old season.

Reactions: Lo97 and avsfan09

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
NYR passes with Buch breaking out last year and he scores more right now

Avs pass with Jost having a great end to the year and potentially getting ready to break out, plus he's younger.

Value-wise...Avs would probably have to add a bit

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
From an Avs perspective, sure why not. I've also always like Buchnevich so there's that. He's probably going to have some good years ahead of him, but hasn't really broken out yet so we might be able to get him long term at a decent cap hit, perhaps lower than what Jost will command next off season if he has a break out season.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Neither team needs to trade these players. Pointless proposal.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
No from both teams.

Buch ended the year strong and Jost has more upside and is the younger player. This year will be josts year to show that he's a top 6 player.

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
If I were the Avs I would do it. Buch is the more sure thing and the Avs are in win now mode with a great shot at winning it all in the next few years while MacKinnon is on his current contract and guys like Makar are on their ELC. Jost may or may not be the better player in the long term future but I'd say it is very likely Buch will be the better overall player for the next 3 years.

Reactions: cgf

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Why?

Both players are progressing and still young. Bush is the better player, but also older.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Kreider is the only Ranger with realistic chances of being involved in a trade with Colorado, with futures most likely going the other way (eg. COL 2020 1st).

Reactions: slg1963

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
This is not a bad proposal. Risky move by the Rangers but fills a positional need and clears cap. Avs get the safer player and add more punch to the current lineup.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Kreider is the only Ranger with realistic chances of being involved in a trade with Colorado, with futures most likely going the other way (eg. COL 2020 1st).

AVs no longer need Kreider and definitely not moving their 1st for a pending UFA.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
AVs no longer need Kreider and definitely not moving their 1st for a pending UFA.
If there's an extension then the 1st would be worth it, considering that it would likely be a late 1st.

Kreider being a target or not probably depends largely on how well Burakovsky, Jost, Donskoi, and Compher do this season up to the deadline. If two of those perform as legitimate top 6 forwards then Kreider is probably not necessary.

That said, bolstering the top 6 without giving up anything on the roster (i.e. with the 2020 1st)6 would make for a pretty stacked team going into the playoffs...

Landeskog --- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
Kreider ---------- Kadri ------- Burakovsky
Donskoi ---------- Jost -------- Compher
Wilson --------- Bellemare ---- Calvert
(Nieto/Kamenev/Bowers)

Girard --- Johnson
Zadorov -- Makar
Byram ---- Cole
(Connauton/Rosen/Barberio/Timmins/Meloche)

Grubauer
Francouz

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
If there's an extension then the 1st would be worth it, considering that it would likely be a late 1st.

Kreider being a target or not probably depends largely on how well Burakovsky, Jost, Donskoi, and Compher do this season up to the deadline. If two of those perform as legitimate top 6 forwards then Kreider is probably not necessary.

That said, bolstering the top 6 without giving up anything on the roster (i.e. with the 2020 1st)6 would make for a pretty stacked team going into the playoffs...

Landeskog --- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
Kreider ---------- Kadri ------- Burakovsky
Donskoi ---------- Jost -------- Compher
Wilson --------- Bellemare ---- Calvert
(Nieto/Kamenev/Bowers)

Girard --- Johnson
Zadorov -- Makar
Byram ---- Cole
(Connauton/Rosen/Barberio/Timmins/Meloche)

Grubauer
Francouz

AVs have prospects throughout the lineup and they won't be interested in a pending UFA. Even with the failures of Bura, Donskoi and Jost, there is still Newhook, Kaut, Bowers, Kamenev etc. ready to join the team. With the deepest young DMen players, they can move the puck quickly up-ice they'll make average forwards look good.

Kreider was a target, but the opportunity has since passed. The Bura & Kadri trades and Donskoi signing they're done for now.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
So going into the season with just 1 line again?

Jost is 21 and has alot more to give than one year of Kreider who will probably look to lock up a deal with term come year end. As sakic has shown, he has no interest in long term deals in the midst of having to sign the big 3 in the next 4 years. I'd rather be a non cap strapped playoff team in the years Makar, landeskog, MacKinnon and rantanen need deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad