GDT: RANGERS @ avalanche | 10pm | MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
For all the disappointment in here, if you had told me the Rangers would come away with 3 of 4 points in this back to back (or any back to back), I would have been satisfied.
Not when you saw the injuries Colorado is dealing with. The 4 points were very, very attainable.

Can we have the 3 LVPs of the game in the PGT.

Strome
Lemieux
Strome

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Brendan Lemieux has 6 goals. 6 total. He’s almost 24 years old. He plays in all situations. It boggles the mind how an nhl coach could think he’s going to help you in a 3 on 3 overtime but to put him out there after a selfish penalty with 2 mins to go in the game they probably should have ended it for you makes it even worse.

Gauthier meanwhile an absolute beast plays 7 mins in the game. Your franchise young forward off a 2 goal game and a great chance in the third plays 10 mins.

this coach doesn’t get it.

and to put the bow he starts a leaky Georgiev when he’s got a cool and confident Shesterkin off an easy win the night before.

desperate for points and he’s playing these games. Awful coaching

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

Trading Georgiev was something Gorton should have done by the deadline. The price for him is only going to go down if they're not going to play him and he's going to get rusty. Quinn is going to play Georgiev and Hank probably once more each in the last 12 games. We lollygagged around with the three goalie system insisting it'll work but it hasn't. Neither back ups are happy or better than if we only had Hank getting regular games as a backup to Shesty.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The three goalie situations has created two extremely rusty goalies that are both off their rhythm and timing. Rolling a starter and two backups gives you two bad backups.

Hank has hardly played lately and only got in because Igor was hurt

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
That’s not a factor in what I said. 4 points were plenty attainable, but getting 3 is still a satisfying result.
I dont feel that way. Knowing both Dallas struggles and Colorado’s injuries recently, I expected more.

Sure 3 points is nice. But disappointing they did not get the full 4. Only 12 games left to play. 79 points.

But who knows when they even play next.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Yes their goalies did steal the game but he also got really lucky at times. Georgiev played well too and make some big saves. Shit happens. If Strome buries one of his many chances we win. If we don't hit the post a few times we win.
Basically the story of this game.

Great to watch, shit to lose.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Not when you saw the injuries Colorado is dealing with. The 4 points were very, very attainable.

Can we have the 3 LVPs of the game in the PGT.

Strome
Lemieux
Strome

I'm very happy with 3/4 points on the road back to back. We were very close to 4/4 but didn't get it. It's not the end of the world. We were missing some key guys too and have more than a few scrubs playing tonight.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Listen, I understand the “ooooh they’re close to a playoff spot, I never would have thought they would be close to a playoff spot this early!” But I’m here to shine a little light on the truth.

One day, in a really important playoff game, DQ is going to pull the same exact shit he just did. He’s going to put a Lemieux out there in OT, in he’s going to f*** us.

I just don’t see the accountability route with this guy. Tell me what message this sends to the kids???? Kakko and Gauthier were playing real well the last couple of games, and you have Lemieux take a terrible penalty in crunch time down by 1. What does Coach Einstein do? He puts him out there in OT!!!!! Accountability my god damn asshole. He’s a clown, and he’s going to push out some young players just like he did to some others earlier in the year. Disturbing trend. I pray ...I PRAY TO GOD, that he doesn’t ruin Kakko with his garbage mind games.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I dont feel that way. Knowing both Dallas struggles and Colorado’s injuries recently, I expected more.

Sure 3 points is nice. But disappointing they did not get the full 4. Only 12 games left to play. 79 points.

But who knows when they even play next.

What can I say about you expecting more, except to say that means your disappointment is your own fault. This is what happens in hockey pretty much all the damn time. You’ve been watching long enough to know how hard it is to win both games of a back to back, especially when there’s travel involved. Whatever injuries the Avs have were mitigated by the circumstances the Rangers were playing under.

And as it was, the Rangers were the better team.

3 points is perfectly acceptable.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Also, Quinn was obviously trying to give Lemieux a chance to redeem himself. I don’t agree with it, but for everyone asking why he did that... it’s pretty clear.

I like that explanation even less.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
What can I say about you expecting more, except to say that means your disappointment is your own fault. This is what happens in hockey pretty much all the damn time. You’ve been watching long enough to know how hard it is to win both games of a back to back, especially when there’s travel involved. Whatever injuries the Avs have were mitigated by the circumstances the Rangers were playing under.

And as it was, the Rangers were the better team.

3 points is perfectly acceptable.

Agreed. 2nd game of back to backs with this one at elevation. Not ideal, but at least they fought hard & came away with a point.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Also, Quinn was obviously trying to give Lemieux a chance to redeem himself. I don’t agree with it, but for everyone asking why he did that... it’s pretty clear.

If Kakko takes that penalty does he get redeemer mins in OT? No

And what a trash player Ryan Strome is 4 ridiculous high danger chances wide open nets. Missed the net on 3 of them. then loses 80% of his faceoffs for the night. You’ll never win with a guy like that playing 20’plus mins a night.

I honestly do not care at all about his point totals.

I’m not sure what Kakko and or Gauthier have to do to get mins on this team.

I’m not sure how Shesterkin sits in a game this important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad