Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Stars 11-21-2013

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Not the greatest game but after the first I felt like they got it together to some extent. Did well 5 on 5 but took too many penalties.

Also, they really need to adjust to teams that come at them with speed the way Dallas did. Forwards weren't getting back fast enough to help out and the D were having trouble reading when to step up and when to fall back. Seemed more like a situation where they weren't used to playing a team with that kind of speed, but you gotta do something to stop that.

Glad Kreider got a goal...it was deflected in but he was due for some luck

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Pouliot should have been benched games ago. Play Miller over him, he can at least add some energy to that line.

I thought the 4th line had some good shifts, as did Nash. Other than that, there are a lot of passengers throughout the lineup... Richards, Stepan, and Callahan need to pick up their play. Hagelin was a catalyst when he first returned but isn't nearly as noticeable now.

The defense got better as the game went along, but allowing 23 shots in the 1st is embarrassing. They owe Hank big time.
Miller should really be in hartford now. He isnt ready to play big minute shere so id rather he play big minutes in hartford

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Miller should really be in hartford now. He isnt ready to play big minute shere so id rather he play big minutes in hartford

I've been saying that all along, but the organization seems fine with him being in and out of the lineup instead of playing in the AHL. Maybe when Pyatt comes back they will finally send him down.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I've been saying that all along, but the organization seems fine with him being in and out of the lineup instead of playing in the AHL. Maybe when Pyatt comes back they will finally send him down.
injuries have definetly played a part in it. Look i understand most fans wnat miller over pouliat/pyatt but at the same time it isnt worth mille rplaying 4th line miutes especially since he has been mediocre at best. he needs more time to develop his game

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Time will tell but they have to go into Nashville and take advantage of a team with a 3rd string journeyman goalie.

I'm a Rangers fan first, and a Predators fan second, but don't do what the Blackhawks, Wings, and Leafs have done with the Predators in the last three games and assume you will be getting a wounded team fighting to stay off of the bottom. They are man-handling some of the best teams in the league lately (outscoring teams 13-4 in those three games alone). They have beaten the Kings, Avs, Wings, Leafs, and Blackhawks in their last 9 games.

Also, Hutton is no longer the starter after getting shelled against the Devils and Jets. Marek Mazanec (22 year-old, 6th round monster Euro rookie goalie) has taken over and done quite well (2.37GAA, .926 SV%).

If the Rangers come out and play the Predators the way they started against the Stars, they will lose, especially if Lundqvist isn't in net repeating this performance. I'm hoping the Rangers take this stolen game to heart and come out firing (even at the expense of the Predators). They can't continue starting games the way they have been; every game seems like a slow start.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I'm a Rangers fan first, and a Predators fan second, but don't do what the Blackhawks, Wings, and Leafs have done with the Predators in the last three games and assume you will be getting a wounded team fighting to stay off of the bottom. They are man-handling some of the best teams in the league lately (outscoring teams 13-4 in those three games alone). They have beaten the Kings, Avs, Wings, Leafs, and Blackhawks in their last 9 games.

Also, Hutton is no longer the starter after getting shelled against the Devils and Jets. Marek Mazanec (22 year-old, 6th round monster Euro rookie goalie) has taken over and done quite well (2.37GAA, .926 SV%).

If the Rangers come out and play the Predators the way they started against the Stars, they will lose, especially if Lundqvist isn't in net repeating this performance. I'm hoping the Rangers take this stolen game to heart and come out firing (even at the expense of the Predators). They can't continue starting games the way they have been; every game seems like a slow start.
Good Point. Mazenec has played very well. However i am confident we will start to generate more offense. before the dallas game we were quite snakebitten but i think that is over now

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
A little late but I really like the Dallas broadcast team. One of the best in the NHL.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I should have enjoyed this win, but guess what?

I have Center Ice, and they NEVER show the Rangers feed.

The Stars broadcast is utter garbage. Their announcers make the game unwatchable, they're almost as bad as the Pittsburgh crew. Some of the camera angles they were using looked like a high school AV club president was calling the shots. At the end of the game, they had a corner ice view, which was absolutely godawful.

Ruined what should have been a good game to watch. Lundqvist was an absolute beast.

same here.

the reason, from what i understand, as to why CI shows mostly the other teams feeds is because dolan doesnt license the High Definition broadcast to CI...so when we do rarely get the MSG feed, its always in ****** ass standard definition, which sucks.

id rather have the crappy audio than the crappy video, so i can live with the feeds we get...in fact when we get the msg feed it always sucks because you have to watch it in SD.

i have a 65 inch tv...the bigger the tv the worse it looks in SD.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
the reason, from what i understand, as to why CI shows mostly the other teams feeds is because dolan doesnt license the High Definition broadcast to CI...

This can't be true, at least the way you put it. If you have DirecTV then you'll get every game on MSG in HD.

There's probably some other weird reason, maybe something between Cablevision and other providers, or just other providers being dicks about it. But CI most definitely does carry MSG in HD if you're watching it on DirecTV

MetalGodAOD*

This can't be true, at least the way you put it. If you have DirecTV then you'll get every game on MSG in HD.

There's probably some other weird reason, maybe something between Cablevision and other providers, or just other providers being dicks about it. But CI most definitely does carry MSG in HD if you're watching it on DirecTV

DirectTV is the only provider who doesn't get Center Ice from it's provider. DirectTV has individual contracts with every sports channel out there, which is why they can truly offer every game, every away/home feed, every night.

Direct TV CI >>>>>>> Every other CI package.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
DirectTV is the only provider who doesn't get Center Ice from it's provider. DirectTV has individual contracts with every sports channel out there, which is why they can truly offer every game, every away/home feed, every night.

yep, directv is the one that has all the uber sports channels.

when my dish contract is up i'll switch back.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

miller in the press box is not good, but i'd rather he play 10 mins/night with the rangers on the third line than go down to hartford. sit pouliot!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Makes sense and yeah it really is damn good on DirecTV. Only problem is I think you have to at least have the 2nd tier programming in order to get it but maybe I'm wrong on that. Oh well it's not like any TV package is cheap these days...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
same here.

the reason, from what i understand, as to why CI shows mostly the other teams feeds is because dolan doesnt license the High Definition broadcast to CI...so when we do rarely get the MSG feed, its always in ****** ass standard definition, which sucks.

id rather have the crappy audio than the crappy video, so i can live with the feeds we get...in fact when we get the msg feed it always sucks because you have to watch it in SD.

i have a 65 inch tv...the bigger the tv the worse it looks in SD.

Maybe I'm an old soul or something but I can't understand the constant *****ing about SD. Isn't HD less than 10 years old? I mean how did you watch the Rangers or anything in the not too distant past?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad