Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Stars 11-21-2013

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Dallas now understands why henrik is the king

He's not only a damn handsome man, he's a pretty decent net minder too.

Major props to the king tonight :handclap:

I don,t get this handsome hank thing. He is all make up and maybe some plastic? Looks unnatural too me.
MDZ is a handsome young man, looking natural. But hey,I*m not used to judge guys.

All that said, his an great goalie, and that's whats matter here.

Swedish playmaker*

I don,t get this handsome hank thing. He is all make up and maybe some plastic? Looks unnatural too me.
MDZ is a handsome young man, looking natural. But hey,I*m not used to judge guys.

All that said, his an great goalie, and that's whats matter here.

Plastic? Lol. He is very good looking and very popular among females in Sweden.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I would do dirty things to have one of Benn/Nichuskin/Chiasson on this team. Man are they a treat to watch.

Seguin too.

Then again Stars fans would do dirty things to have one Staal or McDonagh. ;)

darko

Feb 16, 2009
4 2nite u where the crown proud mr king!

mr nash it took u 21 games to get your 1st hats off 2u

quiet game played nicely by staal

kreider bout freekin time

rest of u did well except u girardi, and del zotto its back to the pine 4u

great win!

Nashty sucks. Traid him.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Stars broadcasts be panning to girls in the stands and the annoucers make comments

no really, they used to do that. One of the first years after the lockout CI would stay with the arena feed during commericals and thats what they would show sometimes

I've only seen one game where that has happened and it was an Avs home game and the camera man was doing it. Hilarious.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Man, that first period was tough to watch - but after that, the team somewhat got it together.

That's a good road win.

Where are the Hank haters tonight? ;)

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
are you guys really discussing whether hank is good lookig or not ?? :facepalm:

I'm already regret my comment. His a great goalie, that what's matter. Could look like a pizza in his face for my sake.

But guys should not use more time in front off a mirror than most females do. :) Females can be good looking and hot (for a hetero man that is)

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I honestly can't believe some people were doubting Nash as being a difference maker in his absence.

His ability to just take over a shift is something the Rangers have not had since Jagr. Glad to see him out there again.

Also, Jamie Benn is a special player.

The team definitely picked it up but Henrik stole 2 points tonight. Could have been down 3-0 easily after 1 and the team has not responded well in those kinds of situations.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Why does Pouliot keep getting icetime ? He's been beyond a disaster lately, yesterday he gets a puck on his skate, kicks it up, the moment it touches his stick he causes a turnover.

Its gotten to the point where I feel that anyone that is on his line, cant produce simply because he is on their line

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
Stars broadcasts be panning to girls in the stands and the annoucers make comments

no really, they used to do that. One of the first years after the lockout CI would stay with the arena feed during commericals and thats what they would show sometimes

So true...I remember that well, although the announcers' mikes were not always turned on. Seemed as if the Dallas cameramen would in particular like to zoom in on well-endowed young women.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Why does Pouliot keep getting icetime ? He's been beyond a disaster lately, yesterday he gets a puck on his skate, kicks it up, the moment it touches his stick he causes a turnover.

Its gotten to the point where I feel that anyone that is on his line, cant produce simply because he is on their line

I agree with you 100% on this.
Hagelin has become very ordinary since being put on that line. Pouliot and DZ are really lacking confidence right now, that you see it in their tentative play.

MetalGodAOD*

I should have enjoyed this win, but guess what?

I have Center Ice, and they NEVER show the Rangers feed.

The Stars broadcast is utter garbage. Their announcers make the game unwatchable, they're almost as bad as the Pittsburgh crew. Some of the camera angles they were using looked like a high school AV club president was calling the shots. At the end of the game, they had a corner ice view, which was absolutely godawful.

Ruined what should have been a good game to watch. Lundqvist was an absolute beast.

You'd be in the minority, the Stars broadcasters are widely considered some of the best in the biz.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
The Pens are the only tandem who I have heard refer to their players by nickname when calling the pbp. "Sid" and "Geno" most notably. It sounds like when you have a created player in the NHL video game and the last name isn't recognized.

Aside from their other homer commentary that alone should make them the least professional group in the league.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Dallas broadcast might be the best in the NHL. They know their ****, and they'er entertaining. Not sure why anyone would dislike them.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
The Pens are the only tandem who I have heard refer to their players by nickname when calling the pbp. "Sid" and "Geno" most notably. It sounds like when you have a created player in the NHL video game and the last name isn't recognized.

Aside from their other homer commentary that alone should make them the least professional group in the league.
Chico and Steve Canwhatever do that as does the radio PBP guy for the Isles.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I should have enjoyed this win, but guess what?

I have Center Ice, and they NEVER show the Rangers feed.

The Stars broadcast is utter garbage. Their announcers make the game unwatchable, they're almost as bad as the Pittsburgh crew. Some of the camera angles they were using looked like a high school AV club president was calling the shots. At the end of the game, they had a corner ice view, which was absolutely godawful.

Ruined what should have been a good game to watch. Lundqvist was an absolute beast.

Disagree in the strongest possible terms. All regional broadcasts should have guys who care as much and are as funny as Ralph Strangis and Daryl Reaugh.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I don't think I've ever heard the Dallas guys but I like Jack Edwards so I don't think they could be that bad to me

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Pouliot should have been benched games ago. Play Miller over him, he can at least add some energy to that line.

I thought the 4th line had some good shifts, as did Nash. Other than that, there are a lot of passengers throughout the lineup... Richards, Stepan, and Callahan need to pick up their play. Hagelin was a catalyst when he first returned but isn't nearly as noticeable now.

The defense got better as the game went along, but allowing 23 shots in the 1st is embarrassing. They owe Hank big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad