Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Stars 11-21-2013

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Pouliot is pretty useless. He just seems to skate out there aimlessly. At least it looks like he's been hustling the past couple of games. He should still spend a game or two in the press box.

Get Miller back in and throw this out against the Preds:

Richards - Brassard - Nash
Kreider - Stepan - Zucc
Hagelin - Miller - Cally
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

Pouliot has been awful....but he's a big body that can skate really well for his size.

also doesnt help that hes playing with Brassard who has been just as awful as Pouliot for the most part.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i'd almost ben in favor of shuffling the lines up to get both these guys going, except everyone else is playing really well.

Though Ryan Callahan has been very very frustrating...i was hoping that his blind turn around backhand passes through the middle were a thing of the past, but by god theyve come back with a vengeance these past few games.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Only got to see the first period and the last half of the 3rd.

- Hank was a wall, great stuff especially in the first when we just couldn't get the puck
- It's so good to have Nash back, once his conditioning and timing is 100%, watch out
- Glad Kreider got one through, very deserved
- The Staal/Stralman pairing had a really solid game
- Dorsett was good in the patches I saw

Good to see us score more than 1, bring on Nashville

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
quite bad actually...ive never been on the mdz pile on thats been going on by most of the board, but he was really bad tonight. Stralman was at times awful and at times brilliant tonight.

the team as a whole mostly sucked tonight....outside of Henrik.

I don't think he looked all that bad until that shift on the 2nd goal. That was brutal.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Brassard's starting to play pretty well. Back to back very solid games IMO.

meh...he made a few good passes, but that penalty cost us a goal, and he made a lot of really bad plays away from the puck tonight leaving his mark wide open. theres a reason that team had 50 billion shots on goal in the first period, and part of it was horrific coverage.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Brassard's starting to play pretty well. Back to back very solid games IMO.
ya he just needs to be more consistent. If he can ever play close to whta he did last year when we got him that would be huge. Im a little worried aboout stepan. I know he had an assist but he has been pretty bad/invisible lately

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
quite bad actually...ive never been on the mdz pile on thats been going on by most of the board, but he was really bad tonight. Stralman was at times awful and at times brilliant tonight.

the team as a whole mostly sucked tonight....outside of Henrik.

I thought he had a good game. Defended well, passed well. he made a great pinch on the Moore goal, made a questionable pinch on the Stars 2nd goal.

On another subject, Stars is my second favorite team and to keep the Benn-Seguin-Nichushkin line quiet all game was a phenomenal job. Mostly due to Hank, but I am going to give a lot of credit to Girardi and McDonagh, especially McDonagh, that Nichushkin kid is a handful.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Pouliot has been awful....but he's a big body that can skate really well for his size.

also doesnt help that hes playing with Brassard who has been just as awful as Pouliot for the most part.

Agreed about Poo, but I actually think Brassard's been getting better and better for a while now, dating back about 5 or 6 games.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Brassard has all the tools it's just a consistency thing with him. We saw it last year after the trade and in the playoffs, the guy was on fire. But in an 82 game season where it's a different team or sometimes a different city or situation every night, he's not going to do what he did in the playoffs.

Pouliot might sit when Pyatt is ready. That's the way it looks.

This was the Boston game with them playing the role of Boston.

I'm still not sold on this group yet. They need one more scoring winger to play with Brassard and Hagelin. Maybe it's Kristo/Fast at the end of the year or maybe it's whoever they obtain from Del Zotto :laugh: (Simmonds, Zibby, ?)

Time will tell but they have to go into Nashville and take advantage of a team with a 3rd string journeyman goalie.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Man Lundqvist was unreal in the first period made the difference for sure! GG

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I missed the first period, and the only thing that makes it ok is the fact I was watching my son score his first goal of the season. (long overdue, but not from lack of effort)

Hopefully I can catch some first period highlights.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, did championship show his stat about the Rangers when they score a first goal? Or does he only bring up that stat when they lose?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I should have enjoyed this win, but guess what?

I have Center Ice, and they NEVER show the Rangers feed.

The Stars broadcast is utter garbage. Their announcers make the game unwatchable, they're almost as bad as the Pittsburgh crew. Some of the camera angles they were using looked like a high school AV club president was calling the shots. At the end of the game, they had a corner ice view, which was absolutely godawful.

Ruined what should have been a good game to watch. Lundqvist was an absolute beast.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Pouliot is pretty useless. He just seems to skate out there aimlessly. At least it looks like he's been hustling the past couple of games. He should still spend a game or two in the press box.

Get Miller back in and throw this out against the Preds:

Richards - Brassard - Nash
Kreider - Stepan - Zucc
Hagelin - Miller - Cally
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

This is what I'd like to see as well. Miller will get enough minutes to develop on the 3rd line. Pyatt and Pouliot as spares. And then the kids like Kristo, Fast, Lindberg can come up when they're completely ready.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I should have enjoyed this win, but guess what?

I have Center Ice, and they NEVER show the Rangers feed.

The Stars broadcast is utter garbage. Their announcers make the game unwatchable, they're almost as bad as the Pittsburgh crew. Some of the camera angles they were using looked like a high school AV club president was calling the shots. At the end of the game, they had a corner ice view, which was absolutely godawful.

Ruined what should have been a good game to watch. Lundqvist was an absolute beast.
You didn't even give us a chance to guess

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
All our games lately are won by the team that scores first.

We have to work really hard to score first, or get a lucky bounce.

Nash tonight took the puck skated through everyone before ridiculing the goalie. The Big Easy.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Stars broadcasts be panning to girls in the stands and the annoucers make comments

no really, they used to do that. One of the first years after the lockout CI would stay with the arena feed during commericals and thats what they would show sometimes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad