Pre-Game Talk: Rangers at Penguins 4/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Craig Adams hasn't played center with regularity in 2 years. Because he's a really bad center.

Fair enough, I guess. I don't debate that Vitale should play over Glass but I have to believe it's because of the PK. Glass & Adams both PK and Vitale doesn't.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Fair enough, I guess. I don't debate that Vitale should play over Glass but I have to believe it's because of the PK. Glass & Adams both PK and Vitale doesn't.

Well, actually Vitale does, but that is the standard rationale about why Glass over Vitale.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Vitale doesn't PK because Bylsma doesn't let him. He has PKed at every other level of hockey. And he's done it very well. Same with Jeffrey. And now, so does Jokinen.

This team could kill penalties without Tanner Glass. In fact, it could probably do a better job of it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Vitale doesn't PK because Bylsma doesn't let him. He has PKed at every other level of hockey. And he's done it very well. Same with Jeffrey.

Let's call it what it is: Vet preference

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Vitale doesn't PK because Bylsma doesn't let him. He has PKed at every other level of hockey. And he's done it very well. Same with Jeffrey. And now, so does Jokinen.

This team could kill penalties without Tanner Glass. In fact, it could probably do a better job of it.

Interesting. Yeah, I have no rationale for him sitting then.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I just gave it to you (see above)

I guess, but it's not like we're talking Despres vs. Glass. Vitale isn't 21 years old, he and Glass are less than 2 years apart in age and as far as I can tell Glass only has one more year in the league. Maybe 1.5.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I guess, but it's not like we're talking Despres vs. Glass. Vitale isn't 21 years old, he and Glass are less than 2 years apart in age and as far as I can tell Glass only has one more year in the league. Maybe 1.5.

Good point. Maybe that one is a perception thing with Bylsma. I gave up trying to figure out his lineup card and bench management a long time ago. Now I just ridicule it when appropriate.

On Vinyl

Oh Danny Boy
Jul 5, 2010
IAVDBTR
I think I would maybe switch up the lines a little after two blowout losses, maybe re-uinite Kunitz-Malkin-Neal?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

ya this one really makes very little sense.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
I think I would maybe switch up the lines a little after two blowout losses, maybe re-uinite Kunitz-Malkin-Neal?

If the team showed up and got blown out I'd say definitely. They didnt show up, so, tough to blame lines. But I dont like Iginla and Neal on malkins wings

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If the team showed up and got blown out I'd say definitely. They didnt show up, so, tough to blame lines. But I dont like Iginla and Neal on malkins wings

I'd prefer either one of them on one wing and Bennett on the other.

Actually, Bennett-Malkin-Iginla might be the better option.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
I just don't understand sticking to rigid line combos to build chemistry yet you keep losing, as if the losing is just inevitable until Crosby comes back. Not too worried after 2 losses, but if they keep losing I just don't see where the chemistry is.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I'm just mad glass is still in over Vitale.

would I change other things? Ya, a few. But they are at least understandable. The Glass thing is mind boggling.

Yah no reason for Vitale (jokes aside) to ever be scratched when you consider whose been on our 4th line all year. When we're healthy again

Jokinen - Vitale - Kennedy / Adams (some serious faceoff strength there)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I just don't understand sticking to rigid line combos to build chemistry yet you keep losing, as if the losing is just inevitable until Crosby comes back. Not too worried after 2 losses, but if they keep losing I just don't see where the chemistry is.

I'm a lot more concerned about what I'm seeing from Neal-Malkin-Iginla than I am about the losses. The Pens lost a bit when it was Kunitz-Malkin-Neal last year, but you could see the chemistry instantly. It wasn't 2-3 great shifts a game for those three. It was 2-3 great shifts a period for those three, and that was happening pretty quickly.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'd prefer either one of them on one wing and Bennett on the other.

Actually, Bennett-Malkin-Iginla might be the better option.

hey, then we can keep Sid's line intact :laugh:

Lazy is earning himself a spot in TK's old position :laugh:

Yah no reason for Vitale (jokes aside) to ever be scratched when you consider whose been on our 4th line all year. When we're healthy again

Jokinen - Vitale - Kennedy / Adams (some serious faceoff strength there)
I'm telling you, Morrow - Jokinen - Adams should be our 4th line with everyone healthy. But that requires BB to play. So its probably out.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm a lot more concerned about what I'm seeing from Neal-Malkin-Iginla than I am about the losses. The Pens lost a bit when it was Kunitz-Malkin-Neal last year, but you could see the chemistry instantly. It wasn't 2-3 great shifts a game for those three. It was 2-3 great shifts a period for those three, and that was happening pretty quickly.

Let the lesson sink in for Bylsma in these games. Iginla is not the best fit with that line. Basically because he and Neal are shooters. Who is going to go to the net or corners? It was a predictably stupid combination. Hopefully Bylsma is bright enough to see when it bangs him over the head.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Me either. The level of forced malcontentment in this forum is mind-boggling sometimes.

On one hand it's sometimes painful to read. On the other hand if the only things we have to bicker about are which lines the players replacing our injured stars should be playing on, who the future HOFer we just traded for should be playing with or which 4th liners should be sitting, overall that's a pretty ok thing.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Let the lesson sink in for Bylsma in these games. Iginla is not the best fit with that line. Basically because he and Neal are shooters. Who is going to go to the net or corners? It was a predictably stupid combination. Hopefully Bylsma is bright enough to see when it bangs him over the head.

Maybe Neal or Iginla will get fed up and just say they aren't playing left wing. That's really our best chance.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib

Fleury starting tonight

As for line combos, you have to wonder if Shero might start letting Bylsma know when he doesn't like things more often. After all those deadline deals he made, he's not ****ing around, and I don't think he'll let any of the coaches ruin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad