Pre-Game Talk: Rangers at Penguins 4/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaoskennedy

Aug 6, 2010
Western, PA
Yeap DB do the same thing and expect the same result, atta boy.

atleast Jokinen can actually win faceoffs so there's nothing wrong with trying it.

but if that line doesn't work, he really should try changing the lines. I'd personally start with Kunitz Malkin Neal line

then maybe

Dupuis Jokinen Iginla
Morrow Sutter Cooke

or

Morrow Jokinen Iginla
Cooke Sutter Dupuis

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
atleast Jokinen can actually win faceoffs so there's nothing wrong with trying it.

but if that line doesn't work, he really should try changing the lines. I'd personally start with Kunitz Malkin Neal line

then maybe

Dupuis Jokinen Iginla
Morrow Sutter Cooke

or

Morrow Jokinen Iginla
Cooke Sutter Dupuis

And god forbid he try Kunitz-Malkin-Neal. As it is now if Malkin's line does nothing(as it has) then game over.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
No Vitale but TK on the 4th line. Everyone here is confused about whether they're supposed to feel rage or joy right now.

our 4th line doesn't have a center. its not a question

This is literally 3 games in a row with 3 centers dressed. How does an NHL head coach think that is a good idea?

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
It's amazing how exposed we are without the Crosby.

Sid wins faceoffs, posses the puck and creates spectacular chances almost every shift.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hopefully guys were suitably embarrassed after the last one, and hopefully Danny B will make an adjustment or three as well.

Absentees or not, we are better than the Rangers. Lets show them that again.

I have a lot more confidence in the former than the latter.

Our game plan is predicated on defensemen making fast, crisp breakout passes and then joining the rush. Do you see Bylsma adjusting that to account for the Four Pylons in his lineup?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's amazing how exposed we are without the Crosby.

Sid wins faceoffs, posses the puck and creates spectacular chances almost every shift.

With respect, the being exposed part has a lot more to do with not having Letang AND Martin and using a game plan predicated on having those two.

nTsplnk*

Jussi Jokinen may turn out to be really good for the Pens.

Plus when we don't resign Kennedy this summer Jokinen can just fill his spot. He's far more versatile as well.

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
Refresh my memory, when Sid was out majority if last year and we had the 14-71-18 line where did we have 9 with?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Craig Adams?

Craig Adams hasn't played center with regularity in 2 years. Because he's a really bad center. Faceoffs are something we should actively try to win as a puck possession team that is already missing some of its most important transition players. Vitale should be playing for that reason alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad