Pre-Game Talk: Rangers at Penguins 4/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
As for line combos, you have to wonder if Shero might start letting Bylsma know when he doesn't like things more often. After all those deadline deals he made, he's not ****ing around, and I don't think he'll let any of the coaches ruin it.

if that's the case, I hope his first move is to call up bennett and tell disco he is playing him in the top 9.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
if that's the case, I hope his first move is to call up bennett and tell disco he is playing him in the top 9.

Bennett needs to play top 6 or stay at WBS. With Iginla on the team, Bennett's skills would be wasted on a checking line.

I was referring to the fact that Neal and Iginla should not be on the same line and that Kennedy should not play center.

Wickedtune

Feb 1, 2009
Pittsburgh
Thinking about it some more (slow day at work, I'm very bored), wouldn't Sid being out be more of a reason to put iginla on another line, make another line more of a scoring threat? Hopefully Sid and Geno will both be healthy I'm the playoffs but wouldn't it be nice to have other options; just in case?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Thinking about it some more (slow day at work, I'm very bored), wouldn't Sid being out be more of a reason to put iginla on another line, make another line more of a scoring threat? Hopefully Sid and Geno will both be healthy I'm the playoffs but wouldn't it be nice to have other options; just in case?

Partly, yes. But the main reason is to get everybody else situated where they should be, with Jokinen filling in for Crosby between Dupuis and Iginla. Then when Crosby comes back, you just put him in where Jokinen was. It shouldn't take players like Crosby and Iginla long to figure out how to play with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad