Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Lightning Game 3 (TBL leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The better team won.

Definitely. Team defense and goaltending lost tonight. The offense did it's job. 5 goals should be enough to win any hockey game.

Tampa's top 6 looks totally unstoppable. Best transition team in the league. They're beating us at our own game.

Lundqvist with two absolutely shocking games in a row. I really don't see how we're coming back home even. Trying to hold Tampa to one goal a game isn't going to happen. The way to negate Tampa's top 6 is to have the puck in their end so they can't score. The Rangers defense has no answers for them.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
If they lose on Friday they are done. No way are they coming back from 3-1 this time.

Wonder what McDonagh will say in his presser. Maybe he'll address his useless defensive play. :sarcasm:

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Isn't it also sad that Moore is doing what Nash should be doing, which is going to the crease, hard.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Not good enough.

Defense was horrid. Hank was bad.

These last 2 games Tampa has legitimately had more good scoring changes that we have had in the entire playoffs.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Hank will respond. Defense probably won't.

I honestly don't care if he steps up or not. It should be taken out of his hands entirely. We are playing deep in the playoffs and Hank completely craps the bed.

Either he is psyching himself out or something. I don't know. I don't care.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
The defense was horrible, but if you score 5 you can't lose playoff games. This loss is on Lundqvist.

If the Rangers lose this series, people better not scream about feeling bad for him. He blew the 2012 Conference Finals against NJ, and this series could slip away too. Just coming up small when we need him to be great.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
In a position to be down 3-1 again. Pathetic.

12th in 2 games. This one is on Hank.

Part of it. Maybe even most of it. But everyone played like **** besides the kreider-stepan-fast line, and even they were delinquent in the defensive zone.

Nash and MSL are abhorrent. True disgraces. At least lundqvist played great to get them here.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
“@HartnettHockey: Lundqvist's play isn't deserving of 6 goals against in the past two games. Gang of d-men in front of him have been dreadful.”

Maybe, but when you're supposed to be the best goalie in the world, you pull some saves out of your ass on at least one or two of those goals. Hank has just not been good in the last couple games.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Definitely. Team defense and goaltending lost tonight. The offense did it's job. 5 goals should be enough to win any hockey game.

Tampa's top 6 looks totally unstoppable. Best transition team in the league. They're beating us at our own game.

Lundqvist with two absolutely shocking games in a row. I really don't see how we're coming back home even. Trying to hold Tampa to one goal a game isn't going to happen. The way to negate Tampa's top 6 is to have the puck in their end so they can't score. The Rangers defense has no answers for them.

I would seriously consider scratching MSL in favor of a fresh body. Maybe Zucc is close?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
“@BlueshirtBanter: Fact of the matter is, the Rangers dropped the ball tonight. Got what they deserved. Need to be better Friday. Much better.â€

Spot on.

I defend Hank all the time, but if you cannot admit the last one was on Hank, you cease to have any credibility in your Hank evaluations.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Lundqvist with a flat out AWFUL performance tonight.

No excuses, he flat out SUCKED!

I'm totally on board with starting Talbot on Friday.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Oh, and nice gap control by Captain ****face on Kucherov there. Backing up like he's Eric ****ing Lindros.

I hate, REALLY hate this version of Ryan McDonagh. Soft, slow, uninspiring idiot.

He played it fine. That's 100% on Hank. Poor positioning and late on the reaction. **** outta here if you think that's even a little on McD.

Good shot? Sure. Still should be an easy save.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Sticking to my prediction of the Lightning only scoring 16 goals this season they only have 3 goals left for the rest of the series.

Last edited by a moderator:

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
What a terrible loss...Not to mention how bad Bishop is right now, we have Henrik who probably has millions of things running through his head after the last one and this one.

We score 5 goals and we lose by allowing 6 goals.

We got burned...Nash needs to stop shooting from far away, just attack the net and look for a rebound.

Just sucks, all of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad