Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Lightning Game 3 (TBL leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@HartnettHockey: Lundqvist's play isn't deserving of 6 goals against in the past two games. Gang of d-men in front of him have been dreadful.”

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
i can assure you all that if we lose friday...we are done. There will be no 3-1 miracle comeback against this team.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
“@BlueshirtBanter: Fact of the matter is, the Rangers dropped the ball tonight. Got what they deserved. Need to be better Friday. Much better.â€

Spot on.

We're the better team in overtime until that trash.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
“@BlueshirtBanter: Fact of the matter is, the Rangers dropped the ball tonight. Got what they deserved. Need to be better Friday. Much better.”

Spot on.

See that's the problem. They don't play with a ball. They play with a puck. Stoopid Rangers.
:sarcasm::shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
That goal is all on Hank. Talbot should be starting next game. We need to give Tampa a different look, and Talbot proved himself during the season that he can be good.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Oh, and nice gap control by Captain ****face on Kucherov there. Backing up like he's Eric ****ing Lindros.

I hate, REALLY hate this version of Ryan McDonagh. Soft, slow, uninspiring idiot.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Listen, thats a bad goal by Lundqvist but look how soft we are in our own zone. Let him just skate in and get a really good shot off. 3 Rangers, no one puts a body on him. Garbage. We won't win this series if this continues.

This, we seldomly take to body on rush in.

Worst part, can't sleep right away now ... off to Friday we go.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think I'd start Talbot the next game. Tampa just has Hank's number. I don't know what it is. The reason why they only got one in game one was because they had the puck like 3% of the game. In games against Hank where they've had chances, they've had his number.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
When nevesis says you allowed a terrible goal, it's a terrible goal. Absolutely brutal. This is the annual choke series for Lundqvist where for half of it he looks like he never played goalie before. His amazing lack of consistency through series in playoffs is why he'll never win a damn thing. People want to get on Nash, this is Lundqvist in a nutshell.

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
He looked shakey all game, too. Shrugging off easy shots and making them look difficult. He's either hurt or lost confidence. No idea what. Atrocious play from him. That last goal was embarrassing.
I think hes just off at the worst time

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Probably the worst game I have seen Hank play.

I still have faith he will bounce back and have a great game 4.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
Just atrocious defense these past 2 games. The McD controller disconnect, the boyle fumble at the top of the slot, and countless blown coverages....just unacceptable at this stage in the playoffs.

Hank....12 goals in 2 games, will never feel bad if he doesn't win a cup, he has the talent in front of him.

The coaching staff NEEDS to make some adjustments because we cannot keep playing like this and expect to win.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
That's why he'll never win a Cup .

Thats pretty ridiculous. Plenty of goalies who win cups give up bad goals all throughout the playoffs. The other teams SCORE. Thats what happens in hockey.

The series is 2-1. Friday night will decide the rest of the series most likely.

Must win game.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
With that said, Lundqvist will be fine. It's the defense I'm worried about. Stop with the Talbot nonsense, like he's never let in soft goals before. Remember that time when any shot near the blue line went in? You roll with your franchise goalie.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
That last goal is on Hank. But, there's a deeper reason for the 12 goals. Our team D allowed the Bolts way too many excellent scoring chances. Put Cam in on Friday. But I bet the Bolts score with the same frequency, unless we change our approach. Vally hit it on the nose; against the triplets, you need to play much more conservatively. We can't go toe to toe with that line. The Bolts are making Hank look bad. AV, your call.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
MSL has to retire when this is over. He has nothing left at all. Hes a complete liability on the ice. Nash, not much better. Mctruck is more like a tonka at this point. Hes been laughably bad all year. Fast has been a great surprise though, he needs to stay up on the 2/3 line going forward. Really hope Buchnevich can bring something next year, god knows we need it.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Horrendous game by Hank. Benching him is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, though.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
That was a good shot, and he completely flubbed it. No excuse. He needs to stop it.

It really wasn't a great shot. It was a mediocre mid speed wrist shot. It's what Nash did all game. Throw a shot at the goal from a low scoring area. I mean, you do that to try and get a rebound. That's what you're taught as a forward. Throw the puck at the net and see if you can create something. 99% of the time you won't, though.

Heck, Kucherov wasn't even looking at the net when he shot the puck. He just threw it on goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad