Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Hurricanes - October 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I don't think Lindberg is more than a good AHL'er/13th forward, but he should not be in an NHL lineup right now. He needs an AHL conditioning stint. Let him get that, and then you evaluate his place on the team. He's not yet ready to be back in an NHL lineup.

AV had said he still is having mobility issues and is not 100% ready which is why I don't understand why he is in there.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Lets not forget Lindberg played injured 2nd half of the season. It shouldn't come as a surprise that he's starting this season slow. We've been through this before.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Of course everyone bashes G last season because of advanced stats. This season I'm pretty sure he has a 50% corsi so far with the worst zone starts on the team. So does he now get credit for good advanced stats?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This isn't soccer - the net isn't that big.

First we had 'armchair quarterbacking'...

Now i've seen something called 'computer chair goaltending'.

It's much easier to judge something from a chair in front of your television if you've never experienced it first hand.

Believe it or not, a 3" in diameter piece of vulcanized rubber shot at high velocity goes in more often than you think in a net that is six feet wide, and four feet high.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Avs are my West team and I am from Vancouver. Somehow being a Rangers fan, I cannot escape either Glass or Holden. If I had a no-watch list for 1 player on each team over the last 10 years, Glass and Holden would be it and yet here we are. It's sad because we finally got rid of Glass for good. So much offensive depth plus we have Nieves who looked speedy as the AHL call up. Holden is just Glass by a different name.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Of course everyone bashes G last season because of advanced stats. This season I'm pretty sure he has a 50% corsi so far with the worst zone starts on the team. So does he now get credit for good advanced stats?

Playing like a capable NHL defenseman. Very happy with him if he plays 3rd pairing.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
What is wrong with Hrivik? I don't get it. Call up Hrivik, send Lindberg down. Hrivik is probably a better hockey player anyway.

I agree with you since I think Oscar is injured but once Kreider comes back Oscar will sit if he is injured. I think we will miss Jooris on the PK. I liked how he killed penalties.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If a forward gets called up with Lindberg going down to Hartford for a conditioning stint, its probably Glass, so maybe we are better off with Lindberg staying with the team.

The team has plenty of alternatives if the bottom 6 forwards aren't performing. Hrivik and Jensen getting a chance in the NHL are long overdue. Fontaine isn't that bad. Nieves hasn't played much pro hockey, but could already be close to ready for the NHL. Of course, the Rangers prefer an injured Lindberg, and if they sent him down, they probably call up Glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad