Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Hurricanes - October 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Kreider needs to get back in too. Take Lindberg out too. He is hurting and is really not effective at all. Sit Holden for Clendening. Really is not that difficult.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
lol not gonna mention names... you know your not making a speech in the locker room .... its okay , believe me you aren't gonna hurt anyones feelings

LOL actually fans have their favorite players and sometimes get riled up if I name their guy so I try to avoid upsetting them. I just shook my head when one of our forwards did not even give a half effort to get the puck on dump ins and on the sideboards. I wonder if the coach saw what I saw in that regard.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I just don't feel there's as many "no chance" goals as people would have you believe.

This isn't soccer - the net isn't that big.

He gets paid to stop pucks that SHOULD go in. That's why they call them "saves."

I guess I should've worded myself differently regarding the first goal. It wasn't a completely unstoppable shot, but breaking down that sequence: Staal let's Skinner around him after his initial shot, and then Fast and Klein are both collapsed too low and slanted and let Skinner swing around to the low slot to get a completely unchallenged wrister off. Did Hank have a chance? Yes, but it's still a high-danger chance that could've been prevented if Fast and Klein play smarter after Skinner's initial shot.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Build a smooth skating blue line like Pitt has too. Don't need to sell your soul for Trouba. Get Clen in the lineup and add another mobile d. Who knows? Maybe Gilmour would help. Take Holden and G out. The mobility back there is non existent. I have seen Rascal scooters go faster.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider needs to get back in too. Take Lindberg out too. He is hurting and is really not effective at all. Sit Holden for Clendening. Really is not that difficult.

Outside of scoring a stupid amount of goals in his first 30 games, Lindberg hasn't been an effective NHL player.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I guess I should've worded myself differently regarding the first goal. It wasn't a completely unstoppable shot, but breaking down that sequence: Staal let's Skinner around him after his initial shot, and then Fast and Klein are both collapsed too low and slanted and let Skinner swing around to the low slot to get a completely unchallenged wrister off. Did Hank have a chance? Yes, but it's still a high-danger chance that could've been prevented if Fast and Klein play smarter after Skinner's initial shot.

I understand that. I understand some go in.

He's still creeping below .905 over his last 70+ games. Not that many should be going in.

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath

This.

An nhl forward (a good one at that) should be expected to score a totally free shot 3 feet from the net, not the other way around

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Guy has to be trolling. No words.

Follow

Eddie A
‏@Antonuch44
@NYRangers Time to swap Buchnevich for Fontain or Glass. The kid is talented just not NHL ready.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
oh yeah they need to play more aggressively, this team does go through periods of doing flybys with their forechecking or not really being hard enough on the puck. That bit them in the ass this game

What bothers me is a player on our team can not always count on the other guys to go get the puck on dump ins. When I saw one guy just nudge a guy instead of fighting for a dump in (and one play on the wall on a PP) it annoyed me. Skill is great. Finesse is great but there are times this game calls for hard work. Crosby is very skilled but he also refuses to be outworked for the puck on the walls and end boards.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
That said, if Girardi ultimately had a pretty good game then that's fine, but it just kind of underscores how this team needs to figure out how to improve that right side. Girardi in that spot long term isn't really workable.

The forwards didn't do a very good job helping the D out tonight on breakouts though and there were tons of bobbled pucks and bad passes

I don't know, I see the forwards coming back to help, but I also see our D slow in their decision making and skating and it's killing us in the neutral zone.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
This game is 100% on the defense. Couldn't get out of our zone, couldn't get the puck up the ice.

How many inefficient touches did Girardi, Staal, and Holden have this game Alain?

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
I understand that. I understand some go in.

He's still creeping below .905 over his last 70+ games. Not that many should be going in.

That's true and to some extent that's on Hank. He was horrible around Christmas-February last year. But no other goalie has as much to do as he does. He legitimately can't stop them all, especially when there's so ****ing many like there were last season.

It's almost impossible to keep a good SV% with the way we played last year, I'm amazed it was even 92%

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It's amazing how we are always having dominant performances with regards to scoring chances. Even when we don't kill it with CF. We need better goaltending and Clendening and Kreider back in and that would be cool

The fact that Clendo isn't playing is beyond a joke.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Nash is like a kitten u want to cuddle and play with, no grit, no hardness - should have scored with a grade A chance.. And not long until Glass is here to get some grit & toughness into the lineup! And Stepan lost too many faceoffs 27% - not happy about his performance tonight.
Hayes still struggle with faceoffs, but he had a good game with some great passes.
And Hank need to be an elite goalie.

Overall we had enough chances to win. And the game had similar pattern compare to the Detroit game that we lost - and it`s frustrating for sure.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The fact that Clendo isn't playing is beyond a joke.

tumblr_megy99zfwh1ry10fwo1_500.gif

Are we agreeing here? :sarcasm:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I can't judge Oscar off these games. I saw him skating at one point where he just did not look like he had a normal fluid skating stride. Almost like he was favoring one side. He skated much better last season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He is fine. I guarantee the blue line would be much more mobile with 4 over 22. I cannot believe we are going to be subjected to Nick Holden dressing up as a traffic cone on Halloween even Sunday for Drouin to skate miles around him. :shakehead

I would have Clendening in the lineup instead of Holden too.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think Lindberg is more than a good AHL'er/13th forward, but he should not be in an NHL lineup right now. He needs an AHL conditioning stint. Let him get that, and then you evaluate his place on the team. He's not yet ready to be back in an NHL lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad