GDT: Rangers at Devils part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

apice3*

kovy has always been a slow starter. I dont remember exact numbers, but he began each of the last two years in a slump and these same comments came up. Hes going to be fine.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
kovy has always been a slow starter. I dont remember exact numbers, but he began each of the last two years in a slump and these same comments came up. Hes going to be fine.

Only 2 goals in his first 12 games last year. Then he got injured and sat up 5 games, scoring his 3rd in his first game back.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Again, was I that baked or did I see a Salvador/Larsson pairing when we were on the PK... can someone confirm that I'm not 100% fried.

engy

Mar 12, 2012

I didn't realize Kovalchuk just started playing this year.

Almost 20% of the season is through already. You can't expect this not to be a problem. Kovalchuk hasn't had much chemistry with his linemates and he seems to be misused on PP situations.

apice3*

I didn't realize Kovalchuk just started playing this year.

Almost 20% of the season is through already. You can't expect this not to be a problem. Kovalchuk hasn't had much chemistry with his linemates and he seems to be misused on PP situations.

Injuries aside, I'm willing to bet Kovy has never taken multiple weeks off from hockey. He never stops playing, lockout or not. He still starts slow when the NHL season kicks off.

The KHL games have literally no bearing on the NHL ones. It's a different style of play against better competition.

Status Quo*

Just went HAM on some moron Rags fan on another board who says there is always at least 50% Rags fans at Devil/Rags games at the Rock and says if it weren't for Rags fans, the Devils would be bankrupt. **** I hate those dumbass mother ****ers.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
If he was disinterested he wouldn't be coming back defensively. He has been fine in that regard.

The issue is he his opposite wing and instead of looking to shoot he is looking to pass

And the shots he is taking won't go in. Kovy has a couple posts shots already.

If we're winning and Kovy get's 0 goals, I could care less. I rather have wins and zero goals from our star then the other way around ;)

This is my feeling too, and Kovy told TG today that he thinks that way too. But it would be nice to have him start producing again.

Pete should be drug tested immediately if larsson comes out of the lineup. Looks very confident out there...

He shouldn't come out of the lineup as long as he keeps up this level of play. Made all the right decisions yesterday.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Just went HAM on some moron Rags fan on another board who says there is always at least 50% Rags fans at Devil/Rags games at the Rock and says if it weren't for Rags fans, the Devils would be bankrupt. **** I hate those dumbass mother ****ers.

I'm one that people generally like around here.. :( Having been to The Rock a lot for Rangers/Devils, Devils/anyone, It's like... 70/30, probably a bigger gap now since the Devils are developing their own territory with younger fans since most old timer are either Rangers or Flyers fans. The Ranger fans who post that junk should be overlooked, IMO. Financial situation got a whole lot better I thought...

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I'm one that people generally like around here.. :( Having been to The Rock a lot for Rangers/Devils, Devils/anyone, It's like... 70/30, probably a bigger gap now since the Devils are developing their own territory with younger fans since most old timer are either Rangers or Flyers fans. The Ranger fans who post that junk should be overlooked, IMO. Financial situation got a whole lot better I thought...

That's about right. Obviously we are basically pulling this **** out of our ass, but I'd venture a guess that last night was 80/20 devs fans..

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
That's about right. Obviously we are basically pulling this **** out of our ass, but I'd venture a guess that last night was 80/20 devs fans..

I didn't see because I don't get MSG except Buffalo here now :laugh: so i had the game on the Radio and it sounded like 80/20. Was more distraught that Buff lost again. :cry: But yeah, some poster be mad ignant, yo

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Don't know what the split was last night, but I think last years playoffs may have been a turning point. Dev's fans really turned out and far outnumbered the rags.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Not sweating Kovy's play.... because we are winning. And he's playing OK by his standards. But I'd really like to see Kovy Dynamo for a stretch. And that goes beyond just putting up points.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It still hasn't gotten as bad as game 5 against the Rangers in 08. That was as bad as it gets. I think a lot of people sold their tickets cause I think everybody knew we were going down. They were bought up by Rangers fans pretty much for the most part.

Devilswiss

Feb 11, 2010
Lucerne
I was at the game, my second ever, and had a great time. Brodeur was playing ridiculously well and Clarkson is on a impressive hot streak.

However, I was shocked that there were so many Rangersfans. I sat in 121 and there were Rangersfans all around me. Made the wiin even more enjoyable tough! Love to jump up when a goal is scored and chant "you suck" while a Ragsfan next to me is cursing nonstop.

Can't wait for tomorrow!
2-0 at Prudential Center now and hopefully 4-0 by the end of Saturday.
LGD!!!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I was at the game, my second ever, and had a great time. Brodeur was playing ridiculously well and Clarkson is on a impressive hot streak.

However, I was shocked that there were so many Rangersfans. I sat in 121 and there were Rangersfans all around me. Made the wiin even more enjoyable tough! Love to jump up when a goal is scored and chant "you suck" while a Ragsfan next to me is cursing nonstop.

Can't wait for tomorrow!
2-0 at Prudential Center now and hopefully 4-0 by the end of Saturday.
LGD!!!

Sounds like you're good luck!
Man every time I went to The Rock I had some fun. Now I go to the FNC and watch my team lose.

apice3*

What Ranger fans fail to realize is that a Devils/Rangers game at Prudential is generally the most expensive ticket we see all year. That same ticket is one of the cheapest the Rangers will see all year. That's why so many Ranger fans go to Devil games. They get to see one of the more important games of the regular season for a discount, pretty much.

And even at that, it's 70-30 at the absolute most. If I walk around the concourse, there is no way I see 1 Ranger fan every three people.

It's closer to 80-20, IMO. When the Devils are losing, we're quiet and they're loud which gives the illusion that there's more Ranger fans than there actually are.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I know this sounds weird, but I think I liked the season we missed the playoffs (aka the MacLean era) better than Brent Sutter's first year here. At least when we missed, we made a valiant effort and nearly pulled off a miracle under Lemaire. Sutter's first year here was a disaster, the way it ended....I don't even want to remember it.

EDIT: And his second year ended pretty miserably as well. hah. Poor guy

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Game 5 2008 was the absolute lowest point for me as far as attending games is concerned, and I was in the barn for Games 6 vs Colorado and game 7 vs Carolina. Livid doesn't even begin to describe my mood that night. That was by the far the biggest collection of ******* Ranger fans that I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with . Not judging the entire fan base here, but I'm absolutely convinced that the lowest of them all swarmed the tickets that went up for sale once NJ went down 3 - 1. And then to watch Pads parade around our ice and wave to these ****ers!!! **** YOU!!! Ugh.... it can still drive me nuts just thinking about it, however, payback did turn out to be quite the *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad