GDT: Rangers at Devils part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
This year or next. Although there is the perceived likelihood that we opt to keep our current pick as we are hosting the draft.

Yeah, but we're at spot 29.

And there's some... let's say, issues. I think we'll forfeit this year to deter people from coming to the draft, to stick our thumb up at the league.

Devils Insiders

Oct 24, 2009
Hey Devils fans...the DevilsInsiders Fan of the Week comes from AUSTRALIA. That's right...Damian Winderlich is a Devils faithful from the land down under! Check out his tales about traveling to the U.S. and his GREAT story about he became a Devils fan on a different continent.

http://wp.me/p347yn-il

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Seems like they will hold the pick and drop it next year. Just in time to trade up and acquire McDavid in 2015 :)

Or get him Niedermayer/Kurvers Style

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Yeah, but we're at spot 29.

And there's some... let's say, issues. I think we'll forfeit this year to deter people from coming to the draft, to stick our thumb up at the league.

I doubt it....everyone that doesn't come is possible lost food and alcohol sales for the team.

I have no doubt Lou will trade the pick if the right deal came along but I don't think he picks this yr to forefit simply as a FU to the NHL.

Why risk hurting the relationship and screwing us from getting another draft or maybe a ASG some day ?

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I doubt it....everyone that doesn't come is possible lost food and alcohol sales for the team.

I have no doubt Lou will trade the pick if the right deal came along but I don't think he picks this yr to forefit simply as a FU to the NHL.

Why risk hurting the relationship and screwing us from getting another draft or maybe a ASG some day ?

Getting another draft or the ASG honestly have little do with anything besides asking and the league choosing a market that needs the boost or has a brand new arena. I don't think we've formally asked for an ASG, at least I don't remember any press about that.

How much do you think the team will generate in profit from that day, even with a capacity crowd? It's not a lot, probably under 1M total. That's chump change to the arena's bottom line over the calendar year.

The relationship between the team and the arena isn't at risk for getting hurt - it's already been hurt for years... Lol

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Hey Devils fans...the DevilsInsiders Fan of the Week comes from AUSTRALIA. That's right...Damian Winderlich is a Devils faithful from the land down under! Check out his tales about traveling to the U.S. and his GREAT story about he became a Devils fan on a different continent.

http://wp.me/p347yn-il

Thanks for sharing! I always think its awesome to hear about Devils fans who grew up in other countries. I know a guy from Brazil who is a Devils fan, and met someone in Iceland who saw my Devils hat and showed me the Brodeur hockey cards he carries in his wallet for good luck

I think it's especially funny how he also hates the Rangers.. Guess you don't need to live by them to hate them as much as Jersey locals do haha

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Because in hockey, you can't have everyone going on a hot streak at the same time.

no youre just reaching. thats a ridiculous argument IMO. we're talking about kovalchuk here. he's not scoring at the moment, and we need him to. PDB has specifically moved EVERYONE ELSE BUT HIM. isnt that alarming?

good, lets let clarkson score at a record pace every year. 30 goals last year, 20 this year, etc. then, let's re-sign him for 10 years and stick him on left wing for the remainder of his career. genius!

this goes beyond kovy. our top line is kind of a mess right now. if you want to wait until we skid to correct that, then fine. im just saying, i dont. we dont have time for a cold streak in a shortened year.

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
Watching Rags in 60 and they had a trivia question. Apparently Moose is 2nd in Devils history with 8 shutouts. I did the math that's a shutout in every 6.5 starts compared to Brodeur's at 9.9 starts for every shutout.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

no youre just reaching. thats a ridiculous argument IMO. we're talking about kovalchuk here. he's not scoring at the moment, and we need him to. PDB has specifically moved EVERYONE ELSE BUT HIM. isnt that alarming?

good, lets let clarkson score at a record pace every year. 30 goals last year, 20 this year, etc. then, let's re-sign him for 10 years and stick him on left wing for the remainder of his career. genius!

this goes beyond kovy. our top line is kind of a mess right now. if you want to wait until we skid to correct that, then fine. im just saying, i dont. we dont have time for a cold streak in a shortened year.

And with everything you just said, we managed to lose one game in regulation. Kovy isn't scoring atm cause he's getting all the attention from the opposition and he's probably in a slump as well. Does that mean that we have to freak out like he's about to turn out like Jay Pandolfo when he finished in the top 5, last year, playing on the right side?

DeBoer moved him for defensive purposes and that's fine by me. Let's just take a breath of fresh air, look at the standings and relax for a half a second. Kovy and our team will be just fine.

It's weird when I have to calm people down... it's usualy the other way around :laugh:

DevilChuk*

Watching Rags in 60 and they had a trivia question. Apparently Moose is 2nd in Devils history with 8 shutouts. I did the math that's a shutout in every 6.5 starts compared to Brodeur's at 9.9 starts for every shutout.

Sample size + quality of opponents.

1 shutout every 10 starts is crazy. 1 every 7 is ridiculous! Guaranteed win every ten games (shootout notwithstanding)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really thought Terreri had the second most, but he has 7, and Moose just passed him with 8 the other day.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
And with everything you just said, we managed to lose one game in regulation. Kovy isn't scoring atm cause he's getting all the attention from the opposition and he's probably in a slump as well. Does that mean that we have to freak out like he's about to turn out like Jay Pandolfo when he finished in the top 5, last year, playing on the right side?

DeBoer moved him for defensive purposes and that's fine by me. Let's just take a breath of fresh air, look at the standings and relax for a half a second. Kovy and our team will be just fine.

It's weird when I have to calm people down... it's usualy the other way around :laugh:

-last year is last year. you know who was on his wing last year? yeah, you do. its different now

-kovys been targeted for defensive coverage as long as he's been in this league. didnt stop him in atlanta.

-losing one game in regulation sounds a lot better than it is. we're one game over .500. is that good enough for you?

i think thats everything. what next? and fyi, i'm plenty calm. im glad we're getting by right now (thanks to OT/shootout losses points)...but i dont have your tunnel vision. im looking big picture; im wanting marty to win 1 more cup before he's done. our PK tightened up, our defense looks better by the game..but my god, if clarkson gets injured we're ****ed. and thats a scary sentence to say.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

-last year is last year. you know who was on his wing last year? yeah, you do. its different now

-kovys been targeted for defensive coverage as long as he's been in this league. didnt stop him in atlanta.

-losing one game in regulation sounds a lot better than it is. we're one game over .500. is that good enough for you?

i think thats everything. what next? and fyi, i'm plenty calm. im glad we're getting by right now (thanks to OT/shootout losses points)...but i dont have your tunnel vision. im looking big picture; im wanting marty to win 1 more cup before he's done. our PK tightened up, our defense looks better by the game..but my god, if clarkson gets injured we're ****ed. and thats a scary sentence to say.

Jesus Murphy... are you on a ledge somewhere?

We're one point away from top spot in the Atlantic, with a game in hand.... AND KOVY'S ON A SLUMP ON TOP OF THAT. If you want to create a tornado for no apparent reason, be my guest.

So let me get this right, we're sitting pretty in terms of standings but since Kovy isn't on his usual pace 9 games into the season, we should all start freaking out and demanding that Kovy get's switched to the left side?

You're 110% right about Kovy being checked as tight as tight can be in Atlanta... but they never went anywhere, so I'll take a little less offensive production from IK in favour of winning games and I'm certain he'd say the same. Mike Richards and Jerome Iginla got their 1st goal of the season yesterday, almost a month after the start of the season, and I'm pretty certain no one is freaking out in LA or Calgary.

Some posters just want their cake and swallow it all at once. (does that make any sense in english... meh, whatever).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People do realize the draft is only one day long this year, correct? If you're going you don't get screwed out of seeing the Devils pick, even if they forfeit the first. You'll just have to wait a little longer to see them pick.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
The points will come for Kovy. He's been on the ice for 12 goals which is the same as Elias and Clarkson he's just not picking up points. He's also only shooting at 6.7%, which seems unsustainable.

TeutonicDevil

Apr 10, 2012
Wismar
Just finished watching the game on-demand. My thoughts on it (I guess most of them are already mentioned I just didn't read the whole thread):

- Marty had a great bounce back game after these 2 5-goals-against performances. That Kreider-goal was a little ugly but that aside he was amazing.
- The Rangers dominated larger parts of the game but we did a good job of keeping them to the outside, blocking shots and clearing rebounds. Marty took care of the rest.
- Our defense looked good as a whole.
- Can we call Clarkson a legit goal scorer now? (I see there is a thread on that.)
- I like Butlers game. He made some good plays on both sides of the puck and got rewarded with icetime in the 3rd unlike Tedenby.
- The new line combinations in the top 6 paid dividens as far as the second line is concerned. Now only the first line needs to start clicking offensively. But I'm not concerned about them because of the chemistry Kovy and Zajac had shown before.
- Our PK is great and we FINALLY stopped taking dumb penalties after the first period.
- The PP is still "score right after the first faceoff or get hardly any puck control in their zone for 2 minutes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad