Rumor: Rangers amongst teams interested in Puljujarvi

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Since NYR are done with their rebuild. Fast rebuild ever I heard. Their 1st should be adequate for Pulju

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Just to be clear, I did not say only a cond 7th.
I said that is towards a deal.
But you get no value from NYR, or presumably anyone else, until Poolparty produces FIRST, upfront.

Whether he returns to EDM and produces there and you may still elect to move him [or not]
OR
he is dealt elsewhere now,
no club should give Oil anything for the guy, and assume any risk whats0ever until the player demonstrates likelihood of reward being worth the risk.
That means JP has to return and play on the cheap for an NHL club on a show me deal.

NY will not take the risk of him busting off your hands for anything of significant value until produces.
Hence most likely scenario is conditional future add for his actual value, anything else, superfluous.

That's not really how it works. If you like the guy and think he can help your team then take the risk and surrender the asset(s). Or don't and move on. Oilers probably have no interest in doing anyone any favors by negating the risk associated in acquiring him.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Didn't Pulju say that he wants to finish the season in Finland?

If that is the case, I assume the few teams interested have been put off by this.

Unless a team is fine in acquiring with the plan to have him ply for them next season.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
To Edmonton: 2nd round pick, 5th round pick, Goldobin

To Vancouver: Pulijarvi

why?

I don’t think Edmonton is getting a 1st round pick because of the risk. They still get a couple of picks to recoup. They also get a player with some potential.

Canucks get a guy with top 6 potential as they are still struggling to to find Horvat wingers.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yak was 23 when traded , Pulju is only 21 and is far from being considered a bust.

Oilers can hang onto him for another couple yrs and still get what they got for Yak

+1

Was about to post the same. I want JP to play on the Oiler for another year or two and proven himself (or not). I'd be fine with a 3rd (when 23) if he doesn't improve. I feel his hockey sense is infinitely better than Yak's but his ego needs to get in line.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
Yak was 23 when traded , Pulju is only 21 and is far from being considered a bust.

Oilers can hang onto him for another couple yrs and still get what they got for Yak
Actually he is quite close to bust.

Truth is his game is quite same it was at age of 18.
He has not taken those steps in Finland he should.

Value has risen just a little from last years 3rd rounder.

Kid is a project, and a risky one.

Reactions: bernmeister

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
This thread should be locked until next season comes around.
No amount of speculation will make him leave Kärpät for the season and I really doubt a team will be willing to trade for him until next season. Dead asset for a season doesn't sound good to any possible team acquiring him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

If that is the case, I assume the few teams interested have been put off by this.

Unless a team is fine in acquiring with the plan to have him ply for them next season.
He said he is committed to his team. That could easily mean that he is committed to his team until he gets a deal signed though.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This thread should be locked until next season comes around.
No amount of speculation will make him leave Kärpät for the season and I really doubt a team will be willing to trade for him until next season. Dead asset for a season doesn't sound good to any possible team acquiring him.

If he's traded at the deadline I really doubt the team acquiring him gives much of a fart that he can't play this season.

The team acquiring him likely is in a rebuild and not having him for 20 games left in the season makes no difference.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

Far from considered a bust? Hes about as close to a bust as you can possibly get

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010

Except Yak was actually playing NHL minutes and was a known quantity.

Pulju is a blackhole atm. Potential is a regressive commodity the further we get from his draft date and meaningful competition. His attitude and commitment to working for his career in the NHL are only amplifying the negative value.

Dont hold your breath expecting a substantial return. Your scouting dept is inept and that has merit in the eyes of rival GM's and their risk assessment of any potential trades for your "maybes".

Isaak16

The Universe Is Here
May 7, 2013
Alberta
Except Yak was actually playing NHL minutes and was a known quantity.

Pulju is a blackhole atm. Potential is a regressive commodity the further we get from his draft date and meaningful competition. His attitude and commitment to working for his career in the NHL are only amplifying the negative value.

Dont hold your breath expecting a substantial return. Your scouting dept is inept and that has merit in the eyes of rival GM's and their risk assessment of any potential trades for your "maybes".
I think the oilers scouting department is actually pretty good lately.

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019

No team trading for him should want him to come play this season... Let him finish the year in Finland and come over for next season. He should of been in Finland or AHL this whole time, his agent and Chia are just dumb

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Well you would probably know consider Andersson is a massive bust.

Im the biggest Andersson hater here...So you dont have to do any convincing there bud. Not that I said anything about Lias anyways

Nobody is a bust at 21. That's ****in ridiculous. Don't really care what the hell HF thinks. This place is wrong 99 times out of 100 on pretty much everything but the majority seem to think they have everything figured out.

A 4th overall pick with the hype and pre-draft success he had? Sure dont labe him a bust...is huge disappointment a better term?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Im the biggest Andersson hater here...So you dont have to do any convincing there bud. Not that I said anything about Lias anyways

A 4th overall pick with the hype and pre-draft success he had? Sure dont labe him a bust...is huge disappointment a better term?
Disappointment for where he was drafted for sure. Still a team or 2 away from being a bust.
Pulju still has star potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad