Rumor: Rangers amongst teams interested in Puljujarvi

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
again, so your endgame with this is to trade Puljujarvi for more than you traded for him after dumping Helm and conditional diddly on the Oilers?

You get Helm for nothing, then dump him and nothing on the Oilers for Puljujarvi (we cant afford Helm by the way) who are then supposed to pray that you actually do something positive with him to get ANY kind of a return back?

no. Not happening. This is the worst trade proposal I have ever heard.

Pulj does not deserve any kind of productive return until he produces.
The fact that he is still w/Oil after EDM presumably making efforts to unload him earlier is proof of this.

There is a reward-risk equation to these things and most other forms of business.
Obviously, in most trades, there is a reasonable expectation of some measure of at least a minimum degree of projection being fulfilled.
But in this case, the risk of failure is too high unless the price is either ridiculously low, or offset by not having to pay until the player delivers. Upfront.

It is a free country.
You are at liberty to think what you wish.
However, entitlement to your own opinion is not an entitlement to your own set of facts.
While it is based on perception, intuition, what have you, no suitor is emerging for JP b'c, any other variable aside, the price is too high.

I have said to you there is zero way you will get anything substantial upfront. The only hope you have of anything substantial is either:
hold 0n to him and hope he emerges;
or
let someone buy that scenario, which they will not pay up front, and if JP is an overnight sensation down the road, THEN they pay you top dollar.

You want to refute that logic, good luck.
We all said you would not unload Lucic unless you paid including taking on a bad contract.
You lucked out b'c Flames dropped what was supposed to be virtually same bad contract on you, but lo and behold, you benefit from Neal's change of scenery, while Calgary did not does as well on that so far.

You only need one taker for Pulj.
But I still say expect no one to fork over anything upfront until they have a reason to, unless there is some x factor [like discipline issues with Buf, etc.].

I agree you can't afford Helm, but if you got him for free, I figured you would at least try to be creative and dump some of your least valuable contracts on a suitor who might oblige with cap space for an inducement.

Anyway.
I've said my peace as you have said yours.
We shall all wait and see.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lol as long as Oilers are giving up their 1st alongside Puljujarvi.

No chance that happens and no chance Kreider is the cost of Puljujarvi. The Oilers can only dream.

I wouldn't give up our 1st this year . What I would do is Puljujarvi . Cap dumps to make up equal cap . Our 2nd 2020 , our 2nd 2021 that becomes a first if he resigns .

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I asked my magic 8 ball if NYR would acquire PP cheaply.....answer was....Outlook good. take that to the bank, my magic 8 ball is always on the money

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Pulj is only potential at this point. He is POTENTIALLY something --- perhaps even potentially something significant, which is why some consider it worth to snif at.
But he is not today actually something, having failed when given that chance up to this point.

That does not mean no one should place a bid.
But buyer beware, you get what you pay for, if you are fortunate, and the risk of failure is on you.

The answer here is an insignificant add, literally a conditional 7th or other, and a conditional future pick.
Pool party must
a
b
c
etc and if zero or close to it boxes are checked off, you get zip
enuf boxes, you get a 3rd only
more, then in 5 yrs you get a 2nd
if max boxes, then you get a 1st, or even a 1st plus

but make the return conditional on the risk
otherwise things remain at an impasse.

The funny thing is you go on about buying low on Puljujarvi . Yet earier in this thread you gave your usually long winded reply on Lias Andersson not be traded because he was a 7th OA pick . Maybe use the same logic for the Oilers on a 4th OA pick from the same draft . You also said Puljujarvi has been given a chance and never did a thing with it you also blame the Oilers for poor development . You bounce back and forth on what suits your argument . Of all the NYR fans your posting are the least credible as you only post very lopsided proposals . Even your own fans call you out . If the Logic works for your team maybe apply the same logic to other teams . Even if the fans of the other team disagree you will earn their respect .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Just to be clear, I did not say only a cond 7th.
I said that is towards a deal.
But you get no value from NYR, or presumably anyone else, until Poolparty produces FIRST, upfront.

Whether he returns to EDM and produces there and you may still elect to move him [or not]
OR
he is dealt elsewhere now,
no club should give Oil anything for the guy, and assume any risk whats0ever until the player demonstrates likelihood of reward being worth the risk.
That means JP has to return and play on the cheap for an NHL club on a show me deal.

NY will not take the risk of him busting off your hands for anything of significant value until produces.
Hence most likely scenario is conditional future add for his actual value, anything else, superfluous.

I guess no draft picks have value . We will give you Khaira for your 1st . No one paying up front for a JR that has produces at the NHL level . Like I said try using your logic from the other teams side .

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Rangers fans: here’s WHAT HE’S DEMONSTRATED TO BE WORTH.

Oiler fans: HE’S NOT YAKUPOV

ten pages of arguing

result: Still Bust.

lock

FTFY

yes, Stephen Peat on HFBoards is the final authority.

there’s massive irony that you’re named after a former 32nd overall that only managed ten points in his entire lousy NHL career. Talk about busts.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
yes, Stephen Peat on HFBoards is the final authority.

there’s massive irony that you’re named after a former 32nd overall that only managed ten points in his entire lousy NHL career. Talk about busts.
So 27 fewer points than Puljujarvi will likely manage in his entire career? Talk about lousy.

Face it Puljujarvi is a bust, as an Oiler fan you should know one when you see one.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So 27 fewer points than Puljujarvi will likely manage in his entire career? Talk about lousy.

Face it Puljujarvi is a bust, as an Oiler fan you should know one when you see one.

if he is, then he can sit in Finland until he’s 27 and the Rangers can have him then. I’d prefer that then give him to anyone for the type of trash thrown around in this thread.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Rangers fans saying their D and D prospects are awesome and their goalies and G prospects are awesome (multiple proposals trading a goalie for JP - which we don't need) but get spanked on the shot clock against the Lightning. 3rd worst in the league SA/GP. Sorry, but Rangers really overrate their team and players. And they are a cap team!

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You also don't run a successful organization by letting yourself be bullied by other organizations that feel entitled to something for nothing.

The Oilers didn't do him any favours with his development, but that's not on Holland. He wasn't here. Many overtures were made and so far it hasn't worked out, but he's not beholden to Puljujarvi for anything. Puljujarvi has already said he's spending the full year in Finland anyway so there's no rush. Maybe he's moved at the draft, maybe at the deadline. Who knows.

I honestly think that Ken Holland is fully prepared to let this go as long as it takes until the player comes back or he gets the offer he wants. If the best offer is a 7th rounder, it gets summarily dismissed. Pure and simple.

In the end, you set a reasonable price and make something happen. I don't see why Holland couldn't get a reasonable return -- IF -- Pulju performs in Europe. And I do think he has done the right things this year. What he should have done 3 years ago. He is playing "the right way" for Finland in the last EHT. Throwing his body around. Working hard. Sure the bigger ice suits him because he needs a little space to build up speed, but once he got going he was very hard to stop.

Adopting to the NA game is a challenge for him, but its not a challenge he should take on before he got a complete "game" to fall back-on.

The right price is the best offer. Should be fairly high.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Rangers fans saying their D and D prospects are awesome and their goalies and G prospects are awesome (multiple proposals trading a goalie for JP - which we don't need) but get spanked on the shot clock against the Lightning. 3rd worst in the league SA/GP. Sorry, but Rangers really overrate their team and players. And they are a cap team!
A one game sample size when half our prospects are rookies or not even in the NHL yet :laugh:

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
I think straight forward Pulju for second round pick is fine. I see Edmonton fans saying that they don't need picks, but I think they fail to see the value of 2nd going into trade deadline. if they are close to playoffs, that second can really come helpful in a trade to improve their chances. Second round pick will be wanted by 30 other teams, but Pulju might only get interest from a handful.

That second wouldn't be coming from rangers obviously..

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
1) I'm pretty sure we're talking about our future and not just our current iced team, which includes rookies playing in their first real season. Our hyped goalie is also playing in the AHL. We're a cap team, yes, because we retained, bought out players, and signed 2 key players going forward. Want to know what our cap looks like in 2 years? It looks pretty damn good. We have contracts that we couldn't get rid of during the rebuild - so what? We're in good shape for the expansion draft and our cap is good for the future.

2) Lightening were on fire last night. Partly because we allowed them to look like last years team. Partly because they came to play.

3) The game went to shit on a rather weak penalty call, then a penalty on DeAngelo taking a shot at Killorn for accidentally, or "accidentally on purpose" (however you want to view it), hitting the goalie. That was a 5-3 and it was over from there.

4)Most of us NYR fans are well aware we're not making noise this season.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Everyone on this site says our D and G prospects are awesome. Most of them haven’t even played in the NHL yet.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
yeah, no. I don't care what kind of conditions you put on it, Puljujarvi isn't being traded for spare trash like a conditional 7th. Wishful thinking from Ranger fans that had one buy low on a disgruntled prospect work out for them and now are hoping to do it again. If that's the best offer then he can sit in Finland until he's 27.

Puljujarvi isn't demanding a trade to NYR and only NYR. You don't get to dictate terms this time.
Why are you guys arguing with bernmeister?

Reactions: Homesick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad