Rumor: Rangers amongst teams interested in Puljujarvi

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Johnston on HNIC's Headlines segment mentioned this.

Ken Holland is going overseas to see him play in a tournament.

Johnston summarizes that Puljujarvi still doesn't want to play in Edmonton.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
He's not an upgrade over anyone currently in the Rangers Top 9 (save maybe for Brett Howden), just had double hip surgery in the offseason, is subject to waivers, and doesn't want to play for the Oilers, demanding a trade and going back to Finland rather than play in Edmonton.

Why would the Rangers care about him enough to trade an actual asset for a player who at present would at best be a reclamation project, or at worst an outright bust?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Rangers fans: here’s some junk we don’t want

Oiler fans: no

ten pages of arguing

lock
You'd be surprised. This is still a team looking to load up on young forwards, and they'll be sellers again this year. Ultimately it doesn't matter what the fans on HF want. :laugh:

He's not an upgrade over anyone currently in the Rangers Top 9 (save maybe for Brett Howden), just had double hip surgery in the offseason, is subject to waivers, and doesn't want to play for the Oilers, demanding a trade and going back to Finland rather than play in Edmonton.

Why would the Rangers care about him enough to trade an actual asset for a player who at present would at best be a reclamation project, or at worst an outright bust?
I mean you could've said the same thing about Strome or DeAngelo. There have been talks about this since the summer so it obviously is something they are interested in.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You'd be surprised. This is still a team looking to load up on young forwards, and they'll be sellers again this year. Ultimately it doesn't matter what the fans on HF want. :laugh:

okay the *fans* don’t want to give up anyone with a shred of upside, a forward that would make any impact, or a pick over a third rounder. The Rangers might be different.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
okay the *fans* don’t want to give up anyone with a shred of upside, a forward that would make any impact, or a pick over a third rounder. The Rangers might be different.
I don't really care what Rangers fans want to trade, I am curious what Edmonton fans realistically think the asking price is.

Reactions: Diaz126025

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't really care what Rangers fans want to trade, I am curious what Edmonton fans realistically think the asking price is.

well, the rumour from the summer was either a good youngish third liner that could contribute right away - AKA a Rust type - or the likes of Volkov and a 2nd - an NHL ready forward prospect and a 2nd rounder. Given the start we’ve had I’d say a roster forward - preferably a C - is more likely where our interest lies.

Is value higher today than it was in the summer? I’d say so, yes.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He's not worth more than a 2nd round pick and a crappy prospect. He isn't even in the NHL right now.

So rather than hanging on to him, or trading him literally anywhere else, the Oilers are going to gift him to the Flames for bargain basement prices? You know Chiarelli is gone, right?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
So rather than hanging on to him, or trading him literally anywhere else, the Oilers are going to gift him to the Flames for bargain basement prices? You know Chiarelli is gone, right?

What do you realistically expect to get? You won't get a 1st for him. Our 2nd rounder is just as good as anyone elses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad