Confirmed with Link: Rangers agree to terms with Patrick Khodorenko

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I mean, the odds are low on players you draft, too. This costs nothing but a roster spot. The take on Girardi never being very good is kind of spicy.
He had one or two good years if I remember correctly. I don’t know. Never impressed me too much because I don’t really value shot blocking.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Loved this kid when he was still playing for the NTDP. Had a disappointing freshman year, went undrafted which I could not understand at the time. But he came back stronger, improved immensely in his sophomore year, had a good junior year and his senior year he basically carried the team on his back after Hirose left.

He isn't going to set the league on fire, and honestly, I don't expect him to make the Rangers team until at least 2022, but Hartford can definitely use him. Offensively, he is a good addition. I think he's slightly better than Barron, and they are the same age.

Not the fastest kid, but definitely a good pick up for free.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Loved this kid when he was still playing for the NTDP. Had a disappointing freshman year, went undrafted which I could not understand at the time. But he came back stronger, improved immensely in his sophomore year, had a good junior year and his senior year he basically carried the team on his back after Hirose left.

He isn't going to set the league on fire, and honestly, I don't expect him to make the Rangers team until at least 2022, but Hartford can definitely use him. Offensively, he is a good addition. I think he's slightly better than Barron, and they are the same age.
He seems to share many qualities with Barron, right? Pretty decent at everything, but nothing that stands out. Skating could use some work.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
He's a better skater than Barron. He's more of a "skill player" though, while Barron is stronger and plays a better board game.
Being a better skater than Barron isn’t saying much though. But also Barron’s skating is more forgivable because he’s bigger and stronger.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Not the fastest kid, but definitely a good pick up for free.

Like I said, I think of this as potential bottom-6 depth, which a team needs and the Rangers don't really have much in the way of prospects for in the system.

Provided they develop into NHL players, Gettinger-Khodorenko has the makings of 2/3 of an interesting 4th line. Obviously, even that's not guaranteed... but that's where this falls in my head.

Reactions: Stasis

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Huh? The guy was our #1 RD for almost a decade. It's not even remotely debatable.

Granted he wasn't great his last few years but there's a solid 4-5 year window where he was a legit first pairing defenseman. In what world was he not an impact player?
How was he a legit 1D? He was with McDonagh most of his career. Doesn’t make him a 1D. Skjei and Trouba were our first pairing d-men too. But that’s because we didn’t have many options.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If he turns into a bottom 6 center who can play a shutdown role, PK and pot 10 goals/25-30pts that's a massive win to me.

Not so much "shutdown" role, but PK and pot 10 goals/25-30 pts is basically a description of John Mitchell.

Can we stop arguing about Dan Girardi?

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
so when it comes to the undrafted free agent that we signed, they barely ever make it. but the undrafted free agent the penguins sign he is a young, nhl ready fa lol
Lol

No. I just liked O’Connor more. That’s all. Why would you assume I have an anti-Rangers bias?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad