Value of: Rangers acquiring a 2019 pick between #6-10

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You have to think Buffalo has their pick available that teams needs immediate help I got to think they'd be interested in Krider

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
You have to think Buffalo has their pick available that teams needs immediate help I got to think they'd be interested in Krider

Would Kreider + two 2nds or Kreider + 22nd overall be of interest? Does Buffalo see Hutton or Ullmark as long term options or would they be interested in a young potential starter like Georgiev?

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
They don't "need" to get another top 10 pick. While it might be helpful of course. One of Kappo or Hughes will be very beneficial. I would start by trying to get into the teens first. If the Jets lose we get 22nd overall. Pair that with maybe Vesey or Namestnikov and you should be able to move up a few more spots. Getting into the top 10 might require a lot more to give then what we will give up. Kreider is the only asset to do that, but only trade him if they can't agree on a deal.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
They don't "need" to get another top 10 pick. While it might be helpful of course. One of Kappo or Hughes will be very beneficial. I would start by trying to get into the teens first. If the Jets lose we get 22nd overall. Pair that with maybe Vesey or Namestnikov and you should be able to move up a few more spots. Getting into the top 10 might require a lot more to give then what we will give up. Kreider is the only asset to do that, but only trade him if they can't agree on a deal.

We need a top-6 talent to be a long term pure Center for us. And we need it either from this draft or the next one, but I feel like we may be better than some people think next season, so who knows if we'll even get a top-10 pick next year. Packaging 22 OA with one of the guys you named could be a good idea.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Would Kreider + two 2nds or Kreider + 22nd overall be of interest? Does Buffalo see Hutton or Ullmark as long term options or would they be interested in a young potential starter like Georgiev?

I'm a Leaf fan but I do watch Buffalo because they are a division rival.

I'd think they'd want to get Skinner signed first but if they could do that then I'd think Krider +22 for 7 is fair.

If they can sign Skinner then they'd have Eichel, Skinner, Reinhart and Krider they'd actually have a top 6 forming

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

This Oil fan would definitely be into 8th OA for Kreider +22nd OA. Unfortunately it didn’t seem many Ranger fans agreed (a lot wanted 8th for Kreider straight up - not happening). Maybe a small add on the Oilers end to complete the deal?

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
So Chytil, Andersson, or Howden don’t have top 6 potential. They are literally my age and have so much room to grow. You get too many prospects, none will get the appropriate toi and enough to gauge their value. Zegras would be awesome, but then its a lot of young guys up the middle.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010

I would think the value would be somewhere around Zibanejad to get them to offload it. I don’t think the Rangers would do that.

Also, I think Buffalo’s later 1st is more in play than #7

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
This Oil fan would definitely be into 8th OA for Kreider +22nd OA. Unfortunately it didn’t seem many Ranger fans agreed (a lot wanted 8th for Kreider straight up - not happening). Maybe a small add on the Oilers end to complete the deal?

I would trade Kreider+22 for the 8 and a small add.

Reactions: Off Sides

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would think the value would be somewhere around Zibanejad to get them to offload it. I don’t think the Rangers would do that.

Also, I think Buffalo’s later 1st is more in play than #7

Agreed. The second first round pick is much more and play. I’m not sure how one year of Kreider is worth moving up 15 spots into the top 10 of this draft. Minnesota fans seem to think Zucker could be used I n a trade to go from 12 up to 7 or 8, and he’s fairly comparable production wise and is under team control longer.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Canucks are in the same rebuild stage as the Rangers so no point in looking at us, we are going after similar players to start our rebuild. Buffalo and Edmonton would probably be more willing to play ball as they are further along in their rebuild.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Agreed. The second first round pick is much more and play. I’m not sure how one year of Kreider is worth moving up 15 spots into the top 10 of this draft. Minnesota fans seem to think Zucker could be used I n a trade to go from 12 up to 7 or 8, and he’s fairly comparable production wise and is under team control longer.

Where is the other first round pick Buffalo has? Where St. Louis ends up, from the ROR trade?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Buffalo has a goalie in UPL who played for Finland the last 2 U20s and started and won.

Ullmark is fine and Hutton is a bridge to UPL.

a one yr rental doesnt cut it to justify a big drop im the first. Had he been 24 with 3 yrs of term left youdl have a better argument.

Buffalo isnt one year awwya they are multiple years....they arent going after a rental.

the WPG pick you have is a 20s pick ..pick in the 20s ahve less than 50/50 chance of being a significant NHL player. top 8 have a far greater shot of being an impact player.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
We need a top-6 talent to be a long term pure Center for us. And we need it either from this draft or the next one, but I feel like we may be better than some people think next season, so who knows if we'll even get a top-10 pick next year. Packaging 22 OA with one of the guys you named could be a good idea.

Well you definitely do not need that anymore than Anaheim does, and I highly doubt they would move their pick.

Reactions: Vipers31

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This feels like a classic thread that will be a situation where what it takes (at least from fans) to get a 6-10 pick is too much for what it takes (at least from fans) paying for that pick.

Basically, Rags fans here probably won't want to pony up another good young skilled player to one of the teams that need exactly that out of their early 1st round pick. And they won't want to drop down off of their lottery ticket to acquire another pick either. So no deal would be made.

But if #2 wasn't so important, they could probably pull off a couple deals (e.g. #2 for #4 + #16) and then turn around with Two Firsts and Kreider for a top 10 pick.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
My thoughts exactly ^

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad