Value of: Rangers acquiring a 2019 pick between #6-10

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Edmonton's the only team I can see trading the pick outright or, at least, out of the top 10. IMO, that will also depend on their GM search. Highly doubt Gretzky does anything earth shattering at the draft if he's still wearing the interim tag.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
As a Rangers fan who would be willing to trade Kreider for a Top 10 pick, given he's in the final year of his contract, it will probably take a sign and trade to get that deal done. And I don't see him agreeing to sign long term with Edmonton, due to location. I could see him agreeing with Buffalo, since it's not that far from where he grew up in Vermont, comparatively. Kreider at reasonable money for 5 or 6 years, plus the WPG 1st should get us the Buffalo pick.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
I would trade #10 for K'Andre Miller. Obviously it would hurt to give him up but I think his value is around 6-10 in this draft so it's more or less fair.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
This seems like a fair deal, might even be in the Rangers favor since Kreider has 1 year left. Rangers could even retain 5o% and take back a cap dump like Manning to even it out.

That would be even better. Doesn’t even need to be a full on dump like Manning, could make it a guy like Benning who is overpaid (1.9 for next year, then RFA), but still a decent 6/7.

From an Oilers perspective, to pull off a deal like this (especially if we had Kreider retained 50%), and then possibly deal the 22nd OA for Mike Hoffman (if the Panthers target Panarin and Bob and need to clear space) would be huge for us. My fellow Oil fans are too caught up with the impending UFA status. We need to make the playoffs next year. If those guys are worth extending, then we work on that when the time comes. They could also be 1 year placeholders for Marody/Benson/Yamamoto.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
no its not....

Buffalo traded a 2nd and 3rd for skinner...expect the same unless they traded ourright the latter pick that is 20-31

It's not the same thing, if the reports are true Jeff Skinner wanted to be as close to home as possible, that means he was willing to go to Toronto, Buffalo and SOME reports had Ottawa in there.

You aren't getting anything for a guy willing to go to 2 teams, MAYBE 3.

Krider doesn't have that type of NTC.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Doesn’t make sense for Detroit considering we need top end center and defense prospects.

It`s fine, I believe that Buffalo or Oilers are better fit for Goergiev + kreider move, and a 2019 1st Jets pick or Tampa conditional pick to get it done in value.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
To answer OP, it would take Zib/+ for a pick 4-10, and depending on which pick, Rangers and or other team either or both add. But my point is we have now established that if we are keeping certain other guys, Zib is the one who would have to be moved.

This.
There is a middle ground between
how much other teams have to add, depending on slotting, better slotting requires less
and
how little Ranger fans would settle for in an add.

That middle ground may/may not be livable for both,
But that's what I see.

If hawks are passing on Zib, what would
Avs
Kings
Wings

offer?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
If the Rangers really like the name on the board at #8, I could see something like:

Kreider + Pionk + Georgiev

for

#8OA + Safin

I would make this move for Kirby Dach.

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
If Anaheim had only one or two guys they really liked in their tier and they don't fall to them, I could see them moving the pick.

I have no idea if Rangers fans would be open to moving Zib, but if they were perhaps something like:

Henrique

for

Zib
+ small piece

I'm only moving Henrique in this case due to $ and because we are upgrading him to Zib; he's in no way a cap dump. I don't know how he'd feel about NY being a Devil for so long, but he seems to be a consummate pro and would help all the young players in NY (both insulating them on-ice and helping in the locker room).

Getz, Zib, Steel, Lundestrom, Rowney is very solid C depth now and future, and Ducks would still have a later first-round pick.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, I wouldn't think so either :) Saw a few NY fans posting they'd be ok though in this thread, if the pick/deal was right....but if I'm NYR I'm not moving him for a dice roll.
I would roll the dice on Kreider. He's 28 and has had injury issues. Great player, but there's potential for the Rangers to have a poor return on that investment.

Zibanejad is 26, has term, and has established himself as a high-end player. He's part of the finished rebuild.

Reactions: charliemurphy

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
No interest in trading all the way back from 7 to 22 (if that’s where the pick ends up. There’s still a possibility it could end up 28-31).

Buffalo needs to add more young high end talent to their core, same as the NYR do.

Being at pick #7 keeps them in that really good 2nd tier of this draft (picks #3 - 7 to 10, depending on how you view things). At #22 or later, all those guys are long gone.

I’d be open to trading out later 1st round pick + something for Kreider though (assuming he was open to an extension here).

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Where is the other first round pick Buffalo has? Where St. Louis ends up, from the ROR trade?
We don’t know for sure yet.

Currently we hold the San Jose pick at #24. But that could be pushed down to #22-23, or pushed into the 28-31 range. We don’t know yet.

Buffalo could also still end up with the STL pick (currently #20) if STL loses before the conference finals and (at least) 1 of Colorado, Vegas, Dallas or Columbus make their conference finals.
That would cause the STL pick to fall to #19 (or possibly even 17,18 etc), which would then transfer it to Buffalo (we get it if it’s 19 or better. Anaheim gets the better or the 2 picks if they both fall in the 20+ range)

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
No interest in trading all the way back from 7 to 22 (if that’s where the pick ends up. There’s still a possibility it could end up 28-31).

Buffalo needs to add more young high end talent to their core, same as the NYR do.

Being at pick #7 keeps them in that really good 2nd tier of this draft (picks #3 - 7 to 10, depending on how you view things). At #22 or later, all those guys are long gone.

I’d be open to trading out later 1st round pick + something for Kreider though (assuming he was open to an extension here).
I think the extension talk would have to come after the draft, that should make it difficult.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
If Anaheim had only one or two guys they really liked in their tier and they don't fall to them, I could see them moving the pick.

I have no idea if Rangers fans would be open to moving Zib, but if they were perhaps something like:

Henrique

for

Zib
+ small piece

I'm only moving Henrique in this case due to $ and because we are upgrading him to Zib; he's in no way a cap dump. I don't know how he'd feel about NY being a Devil for so long, but he seems to be a consummate pro and would help all the young players in NY (both insulating them on-ice and helping in the locker room).

Getz, Zib, Steel, Lundestrom, Rowney is very solid C depth now and future, and Ducks would still have a later first-round pick.

Ummm.....no. No chance on that.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
This Oil fan would definitely be into 8th OA for Kreider +22nd OA. Unfortunately it didn’t seem many Ranger fans agreed (a lot wanted 8th for Kreider straight up - not happening). Maybe a small add on the Oilers end to complete the deal?
No way I trade 8 for Kreider and 22, his extension will be too much money and too long if I am moving our 8 it’s is for a player 25 and under signed or RFA

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I would trade #10 for K'Andre Miller. Obviously it would hurt to give him up but I think his value is around 6-10 in this draft so it's more or less fair.
Yeah that would hurt big time. I know you have to give to get but (besides our #2 Overall) to me he is the one the most exciting assets we have in terms of potential.

Reactions: slg1963

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->