Random tool thread..

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Thanks! Any idea on the hook?
Was probably added or modified to hold something like a pouch of nails or something, I put hooks on my guns to hook them on my belt , tool modification is evolution in a line of tools that can be permanent on new models.All of which I find cool.

Reactions: HansonBro

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Was probably added or modified to hold something like a pouch of nails or something, I put hooks on my guns to hook them on my belt , tool modification is evolution in a line of tools that can be permanent on new models.All of which I find cool.
Good thinking on the pouch. This tool was at an old brick farm house so I tend to buy the story

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Good thinking on the pouch. This tool was at an old brick farm house so I tend to buy the story
That predates any form of nail gun, dude probably stored his tape in there too because they were probably prized , most likely folding and worth not letting it fly off the roof.tool mods have been around as long as tools , old timers were smart and crafty , Here is a gun hook I made knowing they can be bought but F spending 15$ dollars on one if I can make one in minuets with scrap. Also I always cut my hammers to 16" (on the right) compared to a new Milwaukee that comes that way. Right an old Vohn 19 Oz framer , left new Milwaukee 19 Oz framer, I only use wood handles because they lighter in my bags.
20230705_122035.jpg

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Been ordering way too much stuff online recently. Couple weeks ago was a military backpack, a drinking bladder(for the pack) and some MRE's. Today was a military tent in the woodlands camo, an OD camo tarp and some paracord.

The backpack and bladder made sense cause my parents want to go to Greece soon. I figured I'd test a good pack for carry on luggage and the day trips they want to go on. The tent today made absolutely no sense though. No plans to camp lol.

I need off this website!
Screenshot_20230716-132435_copy_720x1280.png
Screenshot_20230704-163342_copy_559x613.png

Last edited:

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Been ordering way too much stuff online recently. Couple weeks ago was a military backpack, a drinking bladder(for the pack) and some MRE's. Today was a military tent in the woodlands camo, an OD camo tarp and some paracord.

The backpack and bladder made sense cause my parents want to go to Greece soon. I figured I'd test a good pack for carry on luggage and the day trips they want to go on. The tent today made absolutely no sense though. No plans to camp lol.

I need off this website!
View attachment 729293View attachment 729294
Looks like you have some impromptu camping in your future.
My jeep has aluminum factory rims , so just now I rotate my tires , they just frozen to the rotors with rust/ oxidation. Had to use a block of wood and a 2lb hammer to get them off..Fucing hate alloys, usually leak and freeze on , in the rain with a flat I'd be f***ed. Everyone with cars keep a 6" 2x4 and a 2 lb hammer in your trunk. I did oil the surface before putting on but don't get your brake rotors contaminated.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Looks like you have some impromptu camping in your future.
My jeep has aluminum factory rims , so just now I rotate my tires , they just frozen to the rotors with rust/ oxidation. Had to use a block of wood and a 2lb hammer to get them off..Fucing hate alloys, usually leak and freeze on , in the rain with a flat I'd be f***ed. Everyone with cars keep a 6" 2x4 and a 2 lb hammer in your trunk. I did oil the surface before putting on but don't get your brake rotors contaminated.
Does the backyard count? Cause I'm definitely doing that...again. This summer has been great weather wise for camping. Not too hot or humid in the day and it actually cools down over night.

Good job on rotating. Far too many people ignore that. As for them sticking, I wonder if grease would have been a better option then oil. Too late now but I'd be curious to see the difference. I've never had to deal with it so I really don't know

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Does the backyard count? Cause I'm definitely doing that...again. This summer has been great weather wise for camping. Not too hot or humid in the day and it actually cools down over night.

Good job on rotating. Far too many people ignore that. As for them sticking, I wonder if grease would have been a better option then oil. Too late now but I'd be curious to see the difference. I've never had to deal with it so I really don't know
Grease I'd have used but oddly I didn't have any in my big truck, I usually have some kicking around.i had my floor jack out because I had to jack something up on the job and a 19mm already on my impact so I was half way done before I started , this impact is a animal (1/2 inch drive) will snap 1/2" lags like NOTHING, I also wanted to check my brake pads because I haven't and owned this jeep about 10k miles. With my vehicles and bikes maintenance is never ending.Something always needs an oil change , tires , chain &sprockets ,name it. My yamaha gets an oil change about every 6 hours (1 qt) did both brakes and chain and sprockets on my kawasaki Sunday and a new seat cover for the yamaha because it got trashed in hail.
20230716_124113.jpg
20230718_130829.jpg

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
$250 For a used hood , probably $600 in paint materials to respray the whole rig with color and clear and fix the rest of the dings while fixing all the other chips and stuff , 4 solid days of work minimum. Yeah I'm passed lol.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
$250 For a used hood , probably $600 in paint materials to respray the whole rig with color and clear and fix the rest of the dings while fixing all the other chips and stuff , 4 solid days of work minimum. Yeah I'm passed lol.
That's shitty dude, just as I was praising mother nature too. I've seen some pretty hairy stuff but she has not taketh from me yet

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I...i think i just got ripped off by a senior 😅

Just as I was heading out to the juice box depot I flagged down the knife sharpening guy. Looked at least 80. I gave him my knife block of 5 and $25 and said ok I'll be back in 10.

Well wouldn't you know it, he's gone by the time I get back (10 minutes). The only knife that looks touched was the one he started on while I was standing there a second. The rest look untouched!

Blah blah blah lesson learned

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I...i think i just got ripped off by a senior 😅

Just as I was heading out to the juice box depot I flagged down the knife sharpening guy. Looked at least 80. I gave him my knife block of 5 and $25 and said ok I'll be back in 10.

Well wouldn't you know it, he's gone by the time I get back (10 minutes). The only knife that looks touched was the one he started on while I was standing there a second. The rest look untouched!

Blah blah blah lesson learned
Seems odd for someone that age ,people of that Era live by a strict sense of fairness, unless he's a drunk. Karma will sort this out if it hasn't already,I'd not pass judgment until you see him again.At 80 he might of had something medical come up, least you got the knives back.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Seems odd for someone that age ,people of that Era live by a strict sense of fairness, unless he's a drunk. Karma will sort this out if it hasn't already,I'd not pass judgment until you see him again.At 80 he might of had something medical come up, least you got the knives back.
Ya I almost called the cops but figured it wasn't worth it. If he just wanted a 6 pack on me then fine.

I'm glad he left my knives and I'm super glad I didn't give him my good Japanese chefs knife. Had I done that, i probably wouldn't have left though.

I'm not even pissed, I think it's kind of funny actually lol

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
That's shitty dude, just as I was praising mother nature too. I've seen some pretty hairy stuff but she has not taketh from me yet
Mother nature gives us mangos and peaches all sorts of yummy stuff so if she gets passed and keys your car you accept it,reluctantly.

Got any experience with a lathe? I'm practicing. It's harder and much scarier than it looks with a steep learning curve. This wood I think is to soft with wide grain and my chisels are cheap, have to upgrade the chisels (found In a building a customer was selling so I inherited them) f*** it's going to rain. This is a 6x6
20230720_144823.jpg

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Mother nature gives us mangos and peaches all sorts of yummy stuff so if she gets passed and keys your car you accept it,reluctantly.

Got any experience with a lathe? I'm practicing. It's harder and much scarier than it looks with a steep learning curve. This wood I think is to soft with wide grain and my chisels are cheap, have to upgrade the chisels (found In a building a customer was selling so I inherited them) f*** it's going to rain. This is a 6x6View attachment 730171
Only experience is with a hobbie lathe when I was 9 or 10 (Santa). I remember it being fun to fool around with though.

If you're looking for project ideas, maybe a baseball bat? Would be neat to stain or oil after. How hard could that be? Lol

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Only experience is with a hobbie lathe when I was 9 or 10 (Santa). I remember it being fun to fool around with though.

If you're looking for project ideas, maybe a baseball bat? Would be neat to stain or oil after. How hard could that be? Lol
On it , this lathe is 36" so I can accommodate this task , my best friend has a boy in little league (11 year old) I'll get dimensions from his favorite and tune it up to his liking.
Screenshot_20230721_110618_Amazon Shopping.jpg

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Getting tired of waiting on my orders. I called to see what's going on and got the song n dance that it got held up at customs n bla bla it's coming soon.

Like its 2023...shipping for businesses should be seamless. By the time I get my first order it will be over 30 days. Total bullshit

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Getting tired of waiting on my orders. I called to see what's going on and got the song n dance that it got held up at customs n bla bla it's coming soon.

Like its 2023...shipping for businesses should be seamless. By the time I get my first order it will be over 30 days. Total bullshit
What are you ordering that takes so long?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Well today one of my orders finally "shipped". They only sent a partial order, but at least the back pack is in it. Doubt I'll get it this week as it's already Wednesday...*le sigh

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Finally got my back pack today. Had to go pick it up cause I missed the mail man.

Happy with the look and build quality. Trying to figure out what all these straps are for is a pain but fun at the same time. Feels like a pack you need to know first before using. Which I kind of expected

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Tried a drug called Lidocaine today. Its a gel to numb skin, as i have a lump that needs to go

Well it didnt work very well, even after i applied 2 doses. Its so very hard to inflict pain on yourself but i managed a needle in my wound and felt like i was scraping out a pumpkin. Still i got no results and the pain became too much.

So i just tortured myself today and wasted $20 lol. Guess ill have to bite the bullet n see Dr Graham from Chisolm,Minnesota (my dr is old)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad