Random tool thread..

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Yo HansonBro ,we can probably share some info on tools here , I'm a big tool dork and snob I'm super picky when it comes to what I buy.
These Milwaukee titanium multitool bit are the f***ing best , THEY LAST , cut fast ,stay sharp so they don't smoke. I'll never buy a different bit , the rest are junk now.
I should mention price , 15 usd..so in the ball park of bosch /dremel .
Dremel is harbor freight bad..
20230405_135731.jpg

Reactions: HansonBro

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Funny you bring that up, since I just bought one a few weeks ago (the tool). Bought the tool and a spare pack of bits $40 can. It's a Rigid. I wouldn't say I was overly happy with the bits, but we got through it. Tool seems fine but has a weird way to change the bits. Think it has a lifetime warranty, so that's a bonus

I can't comment on your Milwaukee bits but I know what it's like to find something you prefer at your price point.

As for tool preferences I kinda got stuck on Dewalt by default as my bud works there. Once you invest in 10+ batteries you're kinda stuck lol.

If I had to rank tools

#1 Stanely tape measures. Would never think of using anything else

#2 Makita brad nailers.

#3 Bostich roofing nailers/flooring nailers

#4 Bosh SDS max hammer drill/jack hammer

That's about all I prefer and wouldn't use less of. Maybe Lennox bits for sawzalls. After that I guess I don't care as long as it's not Ryobi

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
New floor going down today. Yes on a Saturday and long weekend. Apparently the Vietnamese don't care. They even brought their own microwave!

They asked to work late in hopes of finishing today, which im fine with. Then it's just stairs and quarter round after. Getting happier as the results are happening. Dealing with the estimater was a pain, and he wasn't clear on some things. But these workers have been great in the work, and helping moving some furniture around

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
New floor going down today. Yes on a Saturday and long weekend. Apparently the Vietnamese don't care. They even brought their own microwave!

They asked to work late in hopes of finishing today, which im fine with. Then it's just stairs and quarter round after. Getting happier as the results are happening. Dealing with the estimater was a pain, and he wasn't clear on some things. But these workers have been great in the work, and helping moving some furniture around
Was that the parkay floor? Glad you getting it done , I had to run to the job today for the home owner needed a favor , a 48" range going in , 13k square foot house.

My favorite work tool , I love it , keeps things nice and dry , it usually stays on the job cause diesel is $$

Attachments

• 20230408_135420.jpg
    20230408_135420.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 9

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Was that the parkay floor? Glad you getting it done , I had to run to the job today for the home owner needed a favor , a 48" range going in , 13k square foot house.

My favorite work tool , I love it , keeps things nice and dry , it usually stays on the job cause diesel is $$
If by parkay, yes that's what I tore up. Heck of a job. Like the truck btw.. surprised you didn't get stuck there

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
So the flooring is done. Boom! 1 day. 1200sqft in one day. Closets in 3 rooms, and metal door jams. These guys impressed me so much. I couldn't have done a better job myself, so that speaks loud to me. I made sure those guys had an extra $20 in their pocket

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Stairs got done today. 3x stained to match floor (treads and risers). Stringers painted white. Hand rails all put back together.

Poor guys pre painted the risers white and I'm like nope, try again with stain. So they had to go get new ones. Also somebody broke a tile... figure he fired a nail through it. It's not the worst, so I'll live with it for now.

So it's just up to me to paint up a bunch of quarter round and slap it down. Then can put this house back together

Reactions: TheAngryHank

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Stairs got done today. 3x stained to match floor (treads and risers). Stringers painted white. Hand rails all put back together.

Poor guys pre painted the risers white and I'm like nope, try again with stain. So they had to go get new ones. Also somebody broke a tile... figure he fired a nail through it. It's not the worst, so I'll live with it for now.

So it's just up to me to paint up a bunch of quarter round and slap it down. Then can put this house back together
Nice when people are professional and do good work.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
A few must haves
Skill 7 1/4 worm drive is the only saw to buy especially if your right handed .
Hitachi NR83 , best framing gun ever made , it's bullet proof ,fast , I've put millions of nails through these guns,literally millions.
And the Fat Max tape , they easy to read , tough , can fall from really high roofs and live , and fast to recoil.
20230410_121639.jpg

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
The greatest chop saw ever made , I've hit the switch probably a million times , it's 15 years old unbreakable.
20230413_131813.jpg

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Same one , this will cut studs on edge ,I only cut 3 at a time or a hand full. I have 2 others ,ones a makita 10" for fine finish, it's super nice and accurate/ smooth / quiet but this Hitachi rules.

That one flop over both directions?

i can now see it does , that's important. Nice rig
Yepper it does. N thanks! The saw is a pig to carry though lol. But it's the stand for me. I dunno how guys cut/measure on the ground

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad