TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Here is a lovely church in Kapa'au
FB_IMG_1671942043471.jpg

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
That's either a beer can crusher or a limited edition play doh extruder. Give me something hard next time 🙄

Beautiful in Kapow!
That's actually how the locals pronounce it.
The tool is a nut crusher for macadamia nuts.this is a Mac nut tree , and the nuts ,they come off the tree and picked from the ground by pickers whom are Philippino and they fast as hell. Nuts drop 3 or 4 times a year.Green off the tree, the husk dries and think of it like a mini coconut, has a hard shell , no use using a hand cracker especially if your cracking a cpl hundred like I did yesterday. The pigs can Crack them , they have strong jaws even little ones so pigs are a constant problem.if I lived here I'd have a pack of dogs and a crossbow. You can hear the pigs crushing nuts at night. Fences kinda work but they are crafty and find ways under this farm had 100s of trees but some cought disease so 3/4 are gone
20230602_111931.jpg
20230602_111748.jpg
20230602_110925.jpg

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
That's actually how the locals pronounce it.
The tool is a nut crusher for macadamia nuts.this is a Mac nut tree , and the nuts ,they come off the tree and picked from the ground by pickers whom are Philippino and they fast as hell. Nuts drop 3 or 4 times a year.Green off the tree, the husk dries and think of it like a mini coconut, has a hard shell , no use using a hand cracker especially if your cracking a cpl hundred like I did yesterday. The pigs can Crack them , they have strong jaws even little ones so pigs are a constant problem.if I lived here I'd have a pack of dogs and a crossbow. You can hear the pigs crushing nuts at night. Fences kinda work but they are crafty and find ways under this farm had 100s of trees but some cought disease so 3/4 are goneView attachment 714737View attachment 714738View attachment 714740
I love those nuts! Only cookie I'll order at Tim Hortons.

Ps ya hands too soft for a working lad
20220617_011234.jpg

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Mac nuts roasted and salted so I can bring a taste of the big island home when I fly out tonight. Been a good 7 weeks.weird how 2 weeks turns to 7 around here.
20230603_103639.jpg

Reactions: TaLoN and HansonBro

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
20230605_160353_copy_1224x1632.jpg

Picked up a bug zapper today! Last year I had bought a solar one but it did f*** all. So I'm hoping for good results with this one, as I do have a waterfall next to me.

For those wondering about the framing and plastic, I'm sitting underneath an awning roof in my back yard. I frame it in every fall for the winter then take it down in the spring. The red blanket is covering my tv and PlayStation...livin the dream boys lol

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Look how clean grande gringo is. It's rare I get her looking THIS good , the inside is like a boat ,button everything down when you move it. Hanson witness the skill 16 : 5/16 circular saw , gotta be careful with this , blades are $100 each.. don't hit nails.
20230616_123848.jpg

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Look how clean grande gringo is. It's rare I get her looking THIS good , the inside is like a boat ,button everything down when you move it. Hanson witness the skill 16 : 5/16 circular saw , gotta be careful with this , blades are $100 each.. don't hit nails.View attachment 718559
Looks clean! Just having a rough day, so hard to focus right now. Maybe golf will help tommorow 😊

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So, over the years I've been procrastinating on replacing my cellular blinds in the master bedroom. Never been a fan of them, especially these that let through so much light.

The problem? This is a HUGE window, so any solution is way more expensive than I wanted to spend... thus easy to just keep putting it off and putting it off... yeah, yeah... it's on my list of things to get to...yadda yadda.

Fast forward a decade and one night I get home from work, go into the bedroom...I want the windows open so I pull the string to raise'em up...*SNAP* the string broke with the blinds nearly all the way up.

Problem is, I'm a daylight sleeper and I have a pretty tall bed... this window overlooks the driveway and street out front... meaning suddenly no privacy!

Finally forced to actually do something about that crappy cellular blind, yet not wanting curtains (don't like curtains, they are bulky and don't clear the window completely when open etc)... yet I can't just go with regular blinds either, as this window has a pair of triangular panes that meet up and thus has a peak in the middle up top.

Only real solution is a giant blackout roller shade with an operating chain... with an outside mount.
Searched online, saw good reviews from Blindster. Custom ordered my shade 103" w 110" L.... (told you this window is huge!)

Totaled after tax? Just under $500... pretty damn good considering most options I've researched over the years, everyone wanted $1k+!

Shade was delivered last night, obviously I wasn't going to install when I got home from work at 2am, got up at 11am and got to work. Unfortunately they forgot to include drywall anchors, fortunately I have a hardware store just down the street... so ran over a picked a couple up. Install goes otherwise smoothly.

Now, with the shade down in the day? I need lights on in the bedroom to see anything! As a day sleeper? Fantastic! :D

Nice that when my hand was finally forced, I also find a more reasonably priced solution!

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
image2023-07-03 16-45-24-1a32b6.jpg

In our newest installment of "What is it".....what is it?

Disclaimer: this is not mine. One of my gf's just sent this, asking what is it.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
As for the tool that @TheGreenTBer can't seem to focus on, it appears to me a piece is missing at the bottom. I also feel like this tool would lay flat as opposed to the verticle position shown. I'm also not sure the twine belongs, could have been added for other reasons unrelated. The hook and it's function is the real puzzle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad