Confirmed with Link: Raman Hrabarenka signed to PTO

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Big Guy only 23, may be a good stay at home D to clear the front of the net.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Big Guy only 23, may be a good stay at home D to clear the front of the net.

I was under the impression he was more of an offensive guy who's D game was his weakness? Apparently has a nice point shot.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I was under the impression he was more of an offensive guy who's D game was his weakness? Apparently has a nice point shot.

His offensive numbers were pretty impressive in 13-14 and 14-15 but I dont think anyone here has seen him play more than a few times

Based off stats he looks like a stay at home guy

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
with this guy trying out that means the leafs may have interest in what he brings to the table as far as defensemen go

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
His offensive numbers were pretty impressive in 13-14 and 14-15 but I dont think anyone here has seen him play more than a few times

Based off stats he looks like a stay at home guy

Numbers don't really mean much.

From all the reports I've read they've said he's more of an offensively inclined defenseman, but maybe somebody who's actually watched him play can clear that up.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
6'5, 235 lb Belarussian, only 23 years old and a RHD. He's had success at the AHL level and internationally. Out of all the FA's out there right now, there may not have been a more interesting prospect then this guy available.

I hope they sign him to a league min 1 year deal. Next year reassess when he's an RFA.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Your right, I was reading his Talent Analysis and thought he was more of Defensive guy but evidently, he does both.

Raman Hrabarenka

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/raman-hrabarenka/

2013-14: Hrabarenka was the leading scorer amongst defensemen for New Jersey AHL affiliate Albany in his second pro season despite appearing in just 48 of 75 games for the club. After opening the season with the ECHL’s Elmira Jackals, he joined the Devils in November. Originally in a limited role with Eric Gelinas and Jon Merrill in the lineup, he had an up-and-down season; scoring 3 goals with 10 assists in a ten-game stretch from November 22nd to December 29th but then had no points in nine January games. Hrabarenka finished the year with 6 goals and 15 assists and was minus-3 with 75 penalty minutes. Albany finished second in the Northeast Division and lost to eventual Calder Cup finalist St. John’s in a first-round playoff series. Hrabarenka did not see any action in the playoffs as Merrill and Gelinas returned from the NHL for the four-game series.

2014-15: Hrabarenka made his NHL debut at the end of the year after skating for New Jersey AHL affiliate Albany in his third pro season. He was +1 with no points nor penalties in 12 minutes of ice time in a game against Tampa Bay on April 9th in his only NHL appearance. Hrabarenka led Albany Devils’ defensemen with 9 goals despite missing time with a cracked cheek bone. He had 18 assists in 47 games, finishing the year with an even plus/minus and 26 penalty minutes. The Devils finished fourth in the Northeast Division, missing the AHL playoffs.

Talent Analysis

Hrabarenka is an offensively-inclined defenseman who uses his size to take away the boards from on-rushing players. He will position himself between the puck and the net to take away shooting space and is willing to lay out to block shots.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Leafs are definitely trying to get bigger this year. All those draft picks, Martin, Polak, Prust and now this guy

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
Haven't heard anything ever about this guy but i'm cautiously optimistic hoping we finally hit a diamond in the rough player, especially on defence

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
That isn't even a viable player type in today's NHL. I wouldn't even waste time developing a guy like that.

Zaitsev, Rielly and Polak are all playing in the World Cup so it's likely just another body for camp purposes.

If he does stay on it would be with the Marlies who could use another Dman.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Probably doesn't hurt anything to have some extra bodies at camp. Especially with the World Cup.

And if he shows something then they can consider signing him. So probably partly for giving us some more bodies at training camp and also potentially trying out for a spot on the Marlies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad