Raleigh and the Triangle - A Visitor's and Local's Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
That sounds about like Casa Carbone. I'm not kidding when I say I've seen funeral parlors with more lively decor. The food was also well below par.
Yes and yes. :laugh:

I don't think there are any around here but the McDonald's of Italian food is easily

fazoli-s.jpg

They even have a drive-through window!
YESSSSSSSSSSS

Fazoli's is so legit. I grew up in Fayetteville so I was raised on it... too bad there's not one up here. :(

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
1. Magianos is overpriced. I am not a big italian food love. You guys want some good places to try?

- Blues Seafood

- Vin Rouge

- Seafood Barn

- City Beverage (This is a great bar/restaurant)

- Elmos Diner

All are great places if you are really into food.

Thanks for the tip BD. Went their with my wife last night and it was fantastic. I had a Shrimp and Scallop dish with Red Curry Coconut sauce over rice. I wanted to have a burger, but we were making our own Burgers tonight so didn't think my heart would like that 2 nights in a row.

Oh, and they have either $2 or $2.50 PBRs on tap, although I just had a Duck Rabbit Milk Stout.

Definitely a place I'll visit again.

bluedevil58*

Thanks for the tip BD. Went their with my wife last night and it was fantastic. I had a Shrimp and Scallop dish with Red Curry Coconut sauce over rice. I wanted to have a burger, but we were making our own Burgers tonight so didn't think my heart would like that 2 nights in a row.

Oh, and they have either $2 or $2.50 PBRs on tap, although I just had a Duck Rabbit Milk Stout.

Definitely a place I'll visit again.

Glad you liked it. When my wife and I lived in the area we went to this place almost every week with our dog. It's a really nice laid back place that has something to offer for almost anyone. Another place I would recommend is Pub right across the street. it's a hole in the wall bar but has a very comfortable atmosphere, good food, and a great beer selection.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I used to live in NC and was in the fine city of Raleigh a couple of weeks ago for a wedding. My family went out for breakfast at a restaurant that had some good reviews called " Bid Ed's"

While we enjoyed the decour and ambience the food itself was pretty bad. They have awesome biscuits but everything else we tried ( and we must've tried about 8 diffrent items all toll) was bad.

Good thing we went to Angus Barn for dinner , that made up for it. ANyone have any recommendations for breakfast next time I'm there?

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I used to live in NC and was in the fine city of Raleigh a couple of weeks ago for a wedding. My family went out for breakfast at a restaurant that had some good reviews called " Bid Ed's"

While we enjoyed the decour and ambience the food itself was pretty bad. They have awesome biscuits but everything else we tried ( and we must've tried about 8 diffrent items all toll) was bad.

Good thing we went to Angus Barn for dinner , that made up for it. ANyone have any recommendations for breakfast next time I'm there?

Flying Biscuit and Simply Crepes.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

My breakfast/brunch recommendations would be

Another Broken Egg Cafe

Elmo's Diner

Flying Biscuit Cafe

Irregardless Cafe

Joule Coffee & Table

Mama Dip's Kitchen

The Morning Times

State Farmer's Market Restaurant

Tupelo Honey Cafe

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Flying Biscuit and Simply Crepes.

That Crepe place looks pretty damn good. I might have to give that a go. Thank you for the suggestion.

Wow thank you for all those suggestions.
That elmo's diner reminds me of a place I use to go to in Durham. I believe the name of it was St. Elmo's Pizza. This was about 15 years ago and it was some of the best pizza i've ever had.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
maybe time to update the OP with some of the new stuff that has opened lately?

brueprint in apex, the new bottle revolution location in rtp, tupelo honey and flying biscuit in cameron village arent on there

city beverage in durham, all the newer bottle shops and bars downtown like the stag's head

Reactions: tarheelhockey

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
maybe time to update the OP with some of the new stuff that has opened lately?

brueprint in apex, the new bottle revolution location in rtp, tupelo honey and flying biscuit in cameron village arent on there

city beverage in durham, all the newer bottle shops and bars downtown like the stag's head

Because Flying Biscuit sucks and nobody should ever eat there. Ever. I say so I can get a table there without having to wait half an hour

Seriously, though, it's my weekend/off-season project to completely update/revamp/add/link-check. And at the rate Ted's opening Bottle Revolution locations...they're about to open Bottle Rev 3 in N. Raleigh somewhere.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Although I haven't seen too much of the Raleigh area in general, I've always enjoyed the scenery of when I was there.

Reactions: vorbis

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Because Flying Biscuit sucks and nobody should ever eat there. Ever. I say so I can get a table there without having to wait half an hour

Seriously, though, it's my weekend/off-season project to completely update/revamp/add/link-check. And at the rate Ted's opening Bottle Revolution locations...they're about to open Bottle Rev 3 in N. Raleigh somewhere.

cool i like bottle revolution

went to sams bottle shop today for the firs ttime (finally) and it was good and fun

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
cool i like bottle revolution

went to sams bottle shop today for the firs ttime (finally) and it was good and fun

I do like the Bottle Shop, especially for that rooftop patio where one can smoke a nice cigar and have a beer. At heart though, I love the Quik Shop even more. Bottle Rev is nice too, but a little too hipster at times. I do wish they'd bring back the Chombers anniversary beer they did with Fullsteam though.

bluedevil58*

Does anyone know of any dog friendly bars off of glenwood? I want to check out house of hops but it doesn't serve food. Has anyone tried it or know of anything else near Brier Creek? Preferably places with outside patios since I have this fine specimen?

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Reminds me of a dog I used to see in Breckinridge development in Morrisville. Thing was huge. Bigger than me.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Does anyone know of any dog friendly bars off of glenwood? I want to check out house of hops but it doesn't serve food. Has anyone tried it or know of anything else near Brier Creek? Preferably places with outside patios since I have this fine specimen?

No kitchen but we usually have food trucks at Gizmo Thursday-Saturday and we're dog friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad