Raleigh and the Triangle - A Visitor's and Local's Guide Pt. 2

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
I love my UNC classics.. warts and all..slept on the sidewalk to get my tickets for the first game in the Dean Dome back in the day. The Bosh is my favorite...love the summer air and the vibe and the doggies. The ladies games in Carmichael are the spot these days.

I would rather keep the priceless gems than have newer, generic replacements.

Reactions: LakeLivin

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Is it safe to wear my Columbus jersey when I visit ?

No. We in Carolina dislike Columbus. Their college football team is better than any team we have including the NFL. Their residents take up space on our beaches. We think the chili is weird. If you come wearing a Columbus jersey you will be screamed and cursed at. Wearing Columbus anything is a sin that we cannot abide.

:sarcasm:

Nah you good no one will care.

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Silly question, perhaps. How easy will it be me for to grab a Charlotte FC jersey in town?

I want the purple away shirt, potentially with Scott Arfield's name printed. I'm over for the Blackhawks game, and Scott Arfield played for my team here in Scotland. I'm actually in Charlotte for the Checkers game on 18th Feb - but the team store is closed on Sundays.

Reactions: DaveG

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Silly question, perhaps. How easy will it be me for to grab a Charlotte FC jersey in town?

I want the purple away shirt, potentially with Scott Arfield's name printed. I'm over for the Blackhawks game, and Scott Arfield played for my team here in Scotland. I'm actually in Charlotte for the Checkers game on 18th Feb - but the team store is closed on Sundays.

A place like Dicks Sporting Goods might have what you are looking for.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Since I don’t believe I said why before.

I’m one of the managers (not general managers but apart of the management team) opening one of the first Wawa’s in North Carolina.
I'm glad Wawa is finally making its way down here. I've tried explaining it to people and they just think it's like a Sheetz.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I’ll be moving down to North Carolina next week

Sorry man we're full. Try Florida instead they need more people :laugh:

Nah for real welcome :welcome:

I'm glad Wawa is finally making its way down here. I've tried explaining it to people and they just think it's like a Sheetz.

I've been to Wawa in Florida, their breakfast sandwiches and coffee are quite good.

Sheetz is fine I guess but I think those people will in time like Wawa better.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Since I don’t believe I said why before.

I’m one of the managers (not general managers but apart of the management team) opening one of the first Wawa’s in North Carolina.
Welcome to NC.

I lived in King of Prussia area (and worked in Landsdale) for about a year back in the mid-late 80s so I am familiar with Wawa. I was extremely close to making it permanent but ended up getting a job offer elsewhere that was too good to pass up.

Reactions: SnS

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Welcome to NC.

I lived in King of Prussia area (and worked in Landsdale) for about a year back in the mid-late 80s so I am familiar with Wawa. I was extremely close to making it permanent but ended up getting a job offer elsewhere that was too good to pass up.

I never thought I’d take this jump but I’m getting overall tired of things up here.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
I made the jump 20 years ago. I lived in the North East / New England for a long time and then moved down here. Weather was a big reason.

I'll be retirement age within a decade (man that's hard to write) and I'm currently of the mind that there's no way I want to retire up here in Maine. Summers are nice, sure, but the winters really blow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad