Post-Game Talk (GBU): Raking the Leafs.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
G:
-RJ back! And the Sabres letting him call a few goals.
-Speaking of goals, 6!! Six.
-Outside of the obvious guys who were rewarded with points for their play, thought Hodgson and Foligno had good games. 19 involved in a good handful of scoring chances and 82 actually looking engaged out there.
-My mancrush on Girgensons only grows stronger

B:
-Poor Leaf fans, coming all the way down to Buffalo only to watch that mess :sarcasm:

U: I got nothin'.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
G- Girgensons would be a 30-30 player on a better team already...shoot, he willed that one goal all by himself. He's going to be a special player.
-Strachen looked like a legit nhler
-Foligno with his best game of the year hurt and all
-Hodgson a few more games like that and the main board wont think hes a throw in in trades anymore
-Des and Cody looked lethal at times which is really odd to say
-Neurvith...if he keeps this up I have no issues with him being our goalie til Ullmark is ready
-Getting scoring from everyone you want but Gionta
-every the lesser players like weber and flynn had great shot blocks etc

B-Mez? wasnt impressed by him having several chances and just shooting into either nowhere or a leafs shinpads
-No fights

U-Kesell's face
-Clarkson not getting buried for his net front antics.
-Polak strikes me as a guy who really needs to get his face pummeled once to get him to back off, ik hes one of the stronger guys in the nhl but Id love to see him fed.

honestly hard to even say anything wrong we seemed to click on all cylinders tonight and i love it.

GerbeSonOfGloin

May 27, 2011
G:
Moulson-Ennis-Stafford combined for 8 points tonight

Neuvirth looking solid as usual

Zemgod Girgengod

Even Hodgson looked hungrier than I've ever seen him this season. A couple of times he was borderline hooked/held when he had a chance. He also ran the goalie late in the game because why not

Grinders looked fast and antsy. Flynn was flying, Mitchell laid a few hits with full velocity.

Columbus also won, and the Isles lost :handclap:

B:
Tonight, none really. Stewart, I guess, but he doesn't even count any more at this point. That he's somehow the team's Corsi leader among forwards is an argument against Corsi (though that probably changed after tonight)

U:
Leafs/Sabres fan attendance ratio

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
G:
-RJ back, great to hear his voice again
-GEM line, specifically Girgensons
-Hodgson, Des, Flynn all did good, the latter impressing me the most
-Neuvirth was solid yet again
-Myers scoring, looked so relieved
-6 goals. We're in the twilight zone

B:
-Gio and Stewart invisible

U:
-Dion went full pylon mode on Girgs' second goal

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
This is the kinda game that makes you believe in Nolan... Regardless of the score... They played hard

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
U: Leafs fans attacking Reimer's wife on Twitter. Classy.

Not a good look for leafs fans tonight. I thought they showed poor class when they were throwing their jerseys on the ice and cheered when ever Reimer made a save.

drew5580

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2007
I hope this jersey tossing stuff doesn't catch on. I'm happy that we have had a couple of historically bad team the past two years and our fans don't do that garbage.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
This is the kinda game that makes you believe in Nolan... Regardless of the score... They played hard

This game makes me believe in them competing for the last playoff spot next year with the right adds. The secondary players are there, they just need some more engines.

Bps21*

I enjoyed moulson scoring a moulson goal. He gets to the right spot and finishes. You just need to have the puck sometimes for that to work out. He will be a fit on this team more and more as the contract goes on IMO. You just drafted a C who knows where to put the puck...hard to imagine we don't see them sharing the ice down the road.

Flynn on the shorthanded was great. Girgensons patience to not screw it up too...most guys I would have guessed fire quick and miss or get blocked. He waited until he knew.

Then the other Girgensons goal. I like to think that one was dedicated to Damien Cox. 6 years to be relevant? Well only...60 minutes to embarass the leafs. "Maybe Girgensons" in his list of young guys that might matter? ...yeah...maybe...

Myers finish was great to see too.

And Deslauriers just our working the leafs and making a smart drop pass on the stafford goal.

It was all good. Neuvirth was great.

Bps21*

The real question is starting to be...man how good is Girgensons going to be? The stats were going around about him facing the hardest quality of competition on the team...and the hardest starting zone % too???and he's a plus player on a team with the worst goal differential in the world. And he's 20. And he has 6 goals already after potting...8 I think last year?

I remember murray doing an interview in Canada on the radio right after he got here and when he was asked about the players here the first name he pulled out was Girgensons. Said you might not know him yet...but he's a hell of a player. That's already looking like an understatement.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
wow - that was fun!

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Stafford. He was in beast mode tonight. He's been one of our few good forwards recently, so props are deserved.

Ennis and Girgs are hot right now. That saucer pass assist from Ennis was gorgeous.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Good: Sabres. RJ.
Bad: Leafs. Rayzor.
Ugly: Leafs fans. Kessel.

This was a great team effort. Ennis flying, Stafford was everywhere, Girgensons is a beast, Hodgson had his best game so far and looked really good, Foligno, D-Lo, Cody Mac, Weber, Myers, Risto, Zads, the Strachan, Noidberg... The entire team played well. Moved the puck, moved their feet, moved their heads and moved Leafs bodies all night. Looked nothing like the worst team in the league. Almost has me worried...

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
As the first period went on, I badly badly wanted RJ to get one goal call. Glad he did. It felt right, Brian. It felt right.

- Cody! Hodgson, I mean. He has life!

- zemgood at hockensons

- Ennis

- Philleanough

- noyvirth continues to be a bright spot. And that Czech accent is a keeper

Bad:

- Rhymer
- jock strach watching gardiner do a fly by

Ugly:

- zembad at the dotsensons
- the leafs, to be able to give up six to us

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Good feels!!!!

B- couldn't find a Sabres stream, but Hockey Night did play a few seconds of RJ

U- ok, not really ugly because it shows what a loyal following the Leafs have, but all those Leaf jerseys in the crowd. On one hand I have a great respect for how their fans travel and make away games sound like home games... but I like it better when they aren't at a Sabres game. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad