Post-Game Talk (GBU): Raking the Leafs.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Stewart second lowest toi total (Mitchell), and if we are talking about Ovechtricks, 7 minutes left in the first Stewart pulled a "controller disconnected"... Watch it. Insanity! That had to be the ... Wait for it...

"Needle in the coffin of straw" - Nolanism

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Good feels!!!!

B- couldn't find a Sabres stream, but Hockey Night did play a few seconds of RJ

U- ok, not really ugly because it shows what a loyal following the Leafs have, but all those Leaf jerseys in the crowd. On one hand I have a great respect for how their fans travel and make away games sound like home games... but I like it better when they aren't at a Sabres game. :D

There weren't as many Leaf jerseys in the crowd at the end because they threw them on the ice. Loyal, you say... :sarcasm:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
wow - that was fun!

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Stafford. He was in beast mode tonight. He's been one of our few good forwards recently, so props are deserved.

Ennis and Girgs are hot right now. That saucer pass assist from Ennis was gorgeous.

He played very well. I loved the two clean faceoff wins at the end of the first period. Both led to Myers shots on goal.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
G: Zemgus. Just awesome. Right now he's radioactive offensively, can't wait until he turns into a pure lead bullet.
Stafford-Decent effort but keeps on finding his way onto to stat sheet. Ups his trade value.
Ennis-moving him to Girgs wing gives the coaching staff a lot of speed on the ice at one time. Seeing a ton more odd man rushes because of it.
Coho and Foligno had there best effort since that Carolina game. Coho specifically looked great.
Myers getting his first.
Neuvirth standing on his head.

B. Stewart not upping his game. Mitchell penalties. Mez fumbling rush attempts.

U: Leaf fans tossing stuff again. I guess when you pay premium money and drive 90 minutes to see a game, then watch your team consistently get dominated; I would get a little PO'ed too.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I hope this jersey tossing stuff doesn't catch on. I'm happy that we have had a couple of historically bad team the past two years and our fans don't do that garbage.

Leafs fans seem to be the only ones doing this. I wouldn't worry.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
They threw teamwear and debris on our ice?! I didn't see that happen. Hmm... that's not cool

thought someone said jerseys

I find that super embarrassing for their fans... cheering for the raptors and throwing their stuff on Buffalo ice.

Last edited:

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
G:
Moulson-Ennis-Stafford combined for 8 points tonight

Neuvirth looking solid as usual

Zemgod Girgengod

Even Hodgson looked hungrier than I've ever seen him this season. A couple of times he was borderline hooked/held when he had a chance. He also ran the goalie late in the game because why not

Grinders looked fast and antsy. Flynn was flying, Mitchell laid a few hits with full velocity.

Columbus also won, and the Isles lost :handclap:

B:
Tonight, none really. Stewart, I guess, but he doesn't even count any more at this point. That he's somehow the team's Corsi leader among forwards is an argument against Corsi (though that probably changed after tonight)

U:
Leafs/Sabres fan attendance ratio

That bothered me at first, but in retrospect it made the humiliation all the more satisfying. Especially once they started acting like petulant babies in the third, throwing **** on the ice.

JetBlk

Jul 3, 2014
Great: everything everyone has said so far.

Fantastic: weber playing great and putting Kadri right on his rear as he tried to get cute driving to the net. Says "I don't think so punk" :handclap:

LOLworthy: Leafs Fans

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
They threw teamwear and debris on our ice?! I didn't see that happen. Hmm... that's not cool

thought someone said jerseys

I find that super embarrassing for their fans... cheering for the raptors and throwing their stuff on Buffalo ice.

Jerseys and scarfs, someone launched a peer from the 300s as well.

Sad thing is they do that in Toronto too.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I can't believe I bought a Foligno jersey hahaha

I'm getting the numbers switched and paying the $50 or whatever to get a Girgensons nameplate. I feel bad that he is my age and accomplishing so much.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Girgensons has, what, 15 goals in his career, and at least half of them have been highlight-reel quality.

I've noticed that too. He doesn't get a lot of ugly ones.

I'd like to blame him for still being drunk this morning though. In an effort to save $ and brain cells after Toronto's 6-1 thrashing of the Bruins, my bro and I changed our drinking game at the bar to only shorthanded or Girgensons goals for last night's tilt. Oops.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Girgensons has, what, 15 goals in his career, and at least half of them have been highlight-reel quality.

It's because when he decided to go to the net, he goes to the net hard. No half-assed stuff. And as a result of going hard every time, he ends up on his butt at then end of the play a lot. :laugh:

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

I remember, recently, someone on the main board trying to insist that Girgs only plays "boring north-south hockey." This kid is probably the most exciting player in Buffalo hockey, right now.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Was Phaneuf involved enough in the play to add to Zemgus's "burned defensemen" list? Or was he already on it?

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I remember, recently, someone on the main board trying to insist that Girgs only plays "boring north-south hockey."
It's true, though. He plays a simple game and he's not a very good playmaker. I don't think he's ever going to make even the secondary PP unit on a good team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good -

- The first game I've watched in its entirity in weeks.... and a win? Yeah.
- ZG with shorthanded goodness.
- Foligno clearly hates the Leafs.

The Bad -

- Leaf fans throwing team gear on the ice. Not cool. Be upset at your team, but really... that's terrible.

The Ugly -

- My previous landlord.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig