OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Ugh, Milwaukee

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Damn, that sucks for him. We have increasing numbers of TJ surgeries this year. It's starting to look like an epidemic.

Eventually Tommy John surgery will be performed at birth. Just in case.

LOL! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Volquez has settled into a nice groove... would have been nice to get Pedro home last inning, but at least Gallardo has thrown a lot of pitches.

The good sign with Volquez is limited walks. His fastball was catching a lot of the plate early in the game, but given his arsenal, that can be ok as long as all of his pitches are mostly catching the plate.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Great outing by Volquez tonight. He's under 80 pitches, but there's no reason not to pinch-hit in this situation, or let him face Braun and Ramirez again. Let's get him a W.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Dear Clint Hurdle,

That is what can happen when you let hitters swing their bats.

Sincerely,

Non-idiots

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
I am not happy with this Edinson Volquez character so for. Making me look like a pretty tremendous ass for trashing him all through the offseason. Anyone know a good preparation for crow? I'm thinking crow almondine with a balsamic glaze. Probably pair a Merlot with that? Any wine-o's out there who can make a better recommendation?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Jay-Hay doesn't do much, but when he does do something it almost always seems to come at a crucial time. That opened the floodgates.

Well, that and the Brewers throwing the youngster to the wolves. That was the best possible result the Pirates could have hoped for - tagging Wang for 6 runs, including 2 home runs. I want this kid back in the system, but it's so obviously clear that this kid, who had never pitched above the Gulf Coast League, is only going to eat up a roster spot for the Brewers unless they can find a way to Pejorative Slur his development another year by finding some bogus injury to put him on the 60-day DL with (Wang has already had Tommy John Surgery, hence being a 21 year-old who hasn't played A-ball yet).

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Raise it!

Great to see Bucs dominated especially against Brewers tonite.

Very encouraging to see Volquez pitched 3 straight effective outings.

CraigAdamsnumber1fan*

Watching the highlights. I know I shouldn't be surprised by Martin's defense anymore. It's truly amazing how many guys he threw out last year with how slow some of your pitchers get the ball to the plate.

Anyways, he picked a ball from the dirt and threw the runner out at second.

And Volquez has been a pleasant surprise this year. Never expected him to be our ace through the first few starts.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'd be surprised if the Brewers waste a roster spot to keep Wang all year, but their bullpen is completely atrocious anyways, so who knows. If they keep him, they will basically be ruining his development because he will keep getting shelled. I guess they might be able to fabricate some injury to put him on the 60-day DL, but a few more outings like that should mean he's heading to Bradenton.

It would be great to keep this rolling--3/4 against the Brewers would be a nice start to the homestand, with Liriano ready to kick off the following series. One game at a time--Morton vs Lohse tomorrow. Would be a good time to stop being dominated by Kyle Lohse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad