OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Ugh, Milwaukee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Ishikawa is awful. He wasn't a total waste for the first few games, but he's what anyone should have expected. At least Gaby is on a little hot streak, even against righties.

Hitting him is the only way Marte is going to not strike out today.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Well there is a silver lining to the past week....Gabby Sanchez is off to a torrid start, against righties to boot.

We're going to be in serious trouble if our rotation has to rely on Volquez as the quality start guy. Wandy has been horrible. Liriano and Cole both are up and down. Morton's been decent.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Maybe we can still claw out a comeback. I think the Reds bullpen is not very good, and we've got Cutch and Alvarez next inning.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Reds bullpen is why I didn't expect them to go anywhere this year going in...they're not having me sing a different tune yet. This stadium and that bullpen gives us hope, but we can't let them add on.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Cutch definitely could have ran into one of those... things don't look good for this Reds bullpen early in the season.

Tough loss after yet another tough game to watch. Still a chance to get the series victory on the road tomorrow afternoon, with our ace pitcher on the mound. Gotta get back at it. Looking for Tony Sanchez to step up tomorrow, assuming he is starting, after all the blunders on Sunday.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The lone bright side is that the Reds scored more runs than we did today, but we both won a game...

Lots of ifs about this game...a very winnable game. Gotta be winning these. The pitching has to be better.

I'm not going to pull the ripchord on anyone quickly, but I have a feeling that Jeanmar used up the majority of his magic last year. He's looked awful so far...there's obviously time to turn that around, but I don't think we're far away from Stolmy taking over that role.

Hell, if things continue as they are I wouldn't be surprised if we see Stolmy moved into the rotation, he is not someone I see sticking in the bullpen.

Last edited:

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I think Wandy should be on a short leash as well. He's been somewhere below average to awful every start so far. With our SP depth down through AAA, there is no need to sugar coat stuff. If you can't get it done....on to the next option. See, Locke, Jeff.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Let's manufacture a run or two. Liriano doesn't have his best command but he's really battled and got key outs to keep this winnable.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Damn, I had no idea they were playing an afternoon game.

A Wed. afternoon game?? That's unusual, isn't it?

I see our offense hasn't showed up today.

1-0 in the bottom of the 7th.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Damn, I had no idea they were playing an afternoon game.

A Wed. afternoon game?? That's unusual, isn't it?

I see our offense hasn't showed up today.

1-0 in the bottom of the 7th.

Final game of the series is a day game 99% of the time in the NL, it makes travel easier/creates a buffer zone if there are travel issues.

It always takes me a month or two to remember that...just waking up now :P

edit: Aaaaaand the first pitch I watch triples the score. *Turns off* Sorry about that.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Haha....I was thinking the same as Wehner...might have been better to get Hamilton at first and let Cueto have 2nd.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Final game of the series is a day game 99% of the time in the NL, it makes travel easier/creates a buffer zone if there are travel issues.

OK, gotcha. Used to Thursday get away games, but same logic would apply to any end of series game. Makes sense.

Yuck, now 3-0 with Votto homer.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Wow, just saw the replay of the great catch and crash into the wall by Tabata.

Unfortunately he suffered mild concussion symptoms later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain