OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Say It Ain't So, Starling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
A ball is foul as soon as it lands in foul territory

Incorrect. From the box to the corner bases a ball can go foul and either roll/fly back into fair territory. As long as its not touched in foul ground and returns fair it is a fair ball.

I have seen "cue" shots off the end of the bat go 5 ft into foul territory, spin with english and roll back across the foul line before reaching the base. That's a ball in play.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I see Hurdle took Bell out of a game the Pirates were losing this time. That's new.:help:

Jaso gets the tying and winning hits. Good for today. Bad in the long run. At bat's that should be going to a developng power hitter are going to a completely expendable utility guy. How many plate appearances has Bell lost to Jaso this year? It's ****ing nuts. Hurdle is delusional. There is no value in putting John Jaso into games.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Well we are getting to the end of May, so maybe Cutch is just about ready to end his annual "hit like garbage for a couple months to start the season" stretch.

But probably not.

We desperately need him to, if we want a decent return in a trade. As of now , his value has decreased since the off season.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I see Hurdle took Bell out of a game the Pirates were losing this time. That's new.:help:

Jaso gets the tying and winning hits. Good for today. Bad in the long run. At bat's that should be going to a developng power hitter are going to a completely expendable utility guy. How many plate appearances has Bell lost to Jaso this year? It's ****ing nuts. Hurdle is delusional. There is no value in putting John Jaso into games.

It was tied in the ninth when Bell was at bat and he almost got the winning single with a liner into left center but it was caught. He was the last out so Hurdle put Watson into his spot and Jaso stayed in the game to play 1B in the top of the 10th.

Still, the constant replacing of Bell for Jaso is ridiculous.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It was tied in the ninth when Bell was at bat and he almost got the winning single with a liner into left center but it was caught. He was the last out so Hurdle put Watson into his spot and Jaso stayed in the game to play 1B in the top of the 10th.

Still, the constant replacing of Bell for Jaso is ridiculous.

It's a case of "just because you can double switch, doesn't mean you should".

It's nice to open up 2 innings for Watson, but you are not supposed to double switch when your best power hitter made the last out. Hurdle just does way too much as a manager.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Important win last night, as we continue to just barely hang on in this absolute joke of a division. We could use a hot streak in the worst way, but I'll settle for Glasnow getting 5+ innings again tonight.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
You're in the MLB Cutch, look at your third base coach instead of trying to run with your head backwards.

This team screws up so many simple things that you're taught in little league it's almost impressive.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Apparently That was Jaso's first hit off a lefty in over a year, per Joe Block.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Taillon has 5 Ks through 2 innings in his first rehab start with Altoona today.

For Indy, Meadows has two doubles and a 17 game on-base streak going.

Edit: Taillon ends up with 6 Ks through 3 innings, over 47 pitches. 1 BB and 1 H. Nesbitt says he's probably done, presumably because he's on a pitch count as he eases back into things. Great to see, doesn't seem like he's missed a beat.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Taillon is our ace. I don't think Cole is capable of the consistency needed for that title. He's a solid #2 and a very good #3.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I actually feel like Glasnow has been pretty solid in most of his recent starts. I think outside of that horrid game where he gave up 7 runs in 2.1 innings, he's been pretty consistent in giving up only 2 or 3 runs in 5 or 6 innings (or equivalent of that). He's at 2 runs through 4 innings tonight now. I think that's a perfectly acceptable performance from a #5, so I think he'll be fine as the #5 if he continues to have performances like those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad