OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Say It Ain't So, Starling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Jesus another DP for Cutch. This time with the bases jacked...

How many DP's can one human hit into over 10 games? Don't know the answer, but Cutch is going for the record.

Can we just release him and be over with it?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Just watched the game quickly, mostly to pay attention to Glasnow. The huge positives for me are that he for the most part limited his walks, and that he wasn't afraid to pitch to some contact in order to keep the pitch count low. This is especially true after he got hammered by the Diamondbacks. He threw a bunch of first pitch strikes, and worked ahead in the count more often, even though I would say overall he still suffered from some wildness. Another downside is that he had two strikes a good number of times, and wasn't able to punch out as many as you'd like, but I'm not going to spend a lot of time worrying about his K numbers. They will come, so if he can get into grooves where 6 or so innings comes to be a regularity, first pitch strikes, etc., the other things will fall into place more. It wasn't a huge step forward, but it was definitely a nice bounceback. Easy to downplay the Braves, and they are less threatening without Freeman, but several of those guys are very solid hitters.

The team on the other hand is atrocious. Dropping two straight in games where we had plenty of opportunities to win is absolutely inexcusable. Continuing to cross your fingers and trot Cutch out there every game is equally embarrassing. He is complete toast, and he's a sinkhole in the lineup.

This is the type of game that might cement out cellar dwelling. We really need two bounceback wins to salvage this series somehow.

gtpeli2

Feb 5, 2014
Adam Frazier is a beast. Can't wait until Clint benches him when Marte and Polanco return.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I want to say #Hurdled here. How many times does he send a guy out there one inning too much? I just don't see why you send Williams out there at 80+ pitches against the heart of the Braves lineup.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Frazier on base 5/5 PA again today... he's ridiculous right now.

Pirates come back in the 9th for the second day in a row... I'm sure they will promptly find a way to lose it again too.

Edit: Or score 7 runs in the 10th including back-to-back-to-back HRs haha...

Last edited:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It would be nice if Osuna got a shot to secure the starting rf job. It really irks me that Hurdle just awarded the spot to Jaso after going on about how somebody needed to step up and earn the spot.

savebyrichter35

May 22, 2008
A couple buddies and I are coming in from NYC tomorrow for the Mets series. We know PNC is universally regarded as the nicest park in America so we decided this was the year to finally make the trek. We actually haven't bought tickets yet for any of the games. Anyone have any suggestions for seats - view, bang for your buck, etc.? As well as food (both in the park and in Pittsburgh)? Since Sunday is the ESPN game, I think we agreed we were going to buy nice seats behind the Mets dugout, but we're open to anything Friday/Saturday.

Only other time I came to Pittsburgh was for the Jets/Steelers AFC Championship game, so needless to say I'm hoping to wash away that sour taste that Pittsburgh left me with :laugh: We did try Primanti Brothers and admittedly I wasn't blown away, so I'm definitely open to other suggestions.

Thanks, and good luck tonight!

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
A couple buddies and I are coming in from NYC tomorrow for the Mets series. We know PNC is universally regarded as the nicest park in America so we decided this was the year to finally make the trek. We actually haven't bought tickets yet for any of the games. Anyone have any suggestions for seats - view, bang for your buck, etc.? As well as food (both in the park and in Pittsburgh)?

Only other time I came to Pittsburgh was for the Jets/Steelers AFC Championship game, so needless to say I'm hoping to wash away that sour taste that Pittsburgh left me with :laugh: We did try Primanti Brothers and admittedly I wasn't blown away, so I'm definitely open to other suggestions.

If you want a really good view of the game, I really like any seat in RF on the Clemente wall, but you don't get the awesome view that the park is really known for.

If you want a good view of the game and a great view of the city, anywhere on the 3rd base line, up high or down low doesn't matter too much as both give you good views all around. I recommend somewhere around Section 123 (my seats for the WC Game vs the Reds). Great view of everything.

I'm not sure of the food in the park this year (I haven't made it to any games this season), but around the park there's a good bit of options... Rivertowne (good food and their own beer is mostly good), Burgatory (I love their burgers and shakes, which can come with or without liquor), Southern Tier opened a brew pub down near the stadium. "Deeper" in town there's a lot of other options and depending on how far you want to stray away from the stadium area, the Southside/Carson St has Fatheads and a ton of other good eats options.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
A couple buddies and I are coming in from NYC tomorrow for the Mets series. We know PNC is universally regarded as the nicest park in America so we decided this was the year to finally make the trek. We actually haven't bought tickets yet for any of the games. Anyone have any suggestions for seats - view, bang for your buck, etc.? As well as food (both in the park and in Pittsburgh)? Since Sunday is the ESPN game, I think we agreed we were going to buy nice seats behind the Mets dugout, but we're open to anything Friday/Saturday.

Nice, I'm going to the game Friday.

I second everything Winger said. There isn't a bad seat in the house, but anywhere 3rd base side, even upper deck, is usually my pick.

ResignCraigAdams

Mar 15, 2017
Bell is hitting what about it expected him to hit in his first full year in the majors.

Hitting 250 with some pop and much improved defense. Maybe it's just me, but I think that's some pretty good progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad