OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: #Lockedown

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It wouldn't bother me so much if the Pirates hadn't lost a blocking the plate review when their catcher had his toe on the middle of the plate on a damn force play.

The rules aren't the biggest problem. Replay review is wildly inconsistent and always has been. For every other sport, 90% of the time anybody can guess the outcome of the review. With baseball, it's a tossup every time.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I think I'd roll the dice on the seventh inning for Liriano. It's hard to really say because the Diamondbacks have just enough firepower to be able to easily turn this around, so we'd have to have a quick hook and have someone warmed up. It'd be nice to get a solo shot here just for extra insurance, but in any case, nice work by Liriano to turn things around after the Castillo HR.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
McCutchen is a train wreck right now. He is swinging and missing straight fast balls down the pipe.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Vogelsong could use some work, I suppose, but I don't love this with Locke tomorrow. Would rather aggressively use him in tomorrow's game, practically even if Locke somehow no-hits them for 5 innings, just because of how bad Locke has been.

But hopefully Vogelsong winds this down in a boring way.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
hah my stream is obviously delayed. the bullpen is just horrible right now, even the dependable guys.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
This is basically the last frontier of a **** April. Cardinals sweep is looking like it was a mirage.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
We really could use an immediately reply and a Feliz save. The bullpen is already going to be in a slight bit of trouble, but we are not in a position to fight this out until the 12th or 13th inning. Cutch-Freese-Marte coming up - somebody needs to step up.

Don't have a great feeling about this at all, and this should have been a can't lose game.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The silver lining is that there is no way the pitching is this bad all year and the offense should keep producing with all of the runners they get on base.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Marte gonna Marte. From a 3-0 count to strike three on a pitch 10 inches off the plate. :shakehead

Lobstein coming in so this should end the game.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I unfortunately am one of those fans who start going all-in on the bucs once the pens are eliminated. I was watching this game and we were up 8-4. How is this constantly happening?

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I unfortunately am one of those fans who start going all-in on the bucs once the pens are eliminated. I was watching this game and we were up 8-4. How is this constantly happening?

The pitching from the rotation to the bullpen is horrendous so far this year.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Great play by Serpico.

Btw, Watson has been the biggest problem with the pen thus far. He is one of the best in the world and he keeps getting hammered.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The pitching from the rotation to the bullpen is horrendous so far this year.

Thank you for that. I watch when I can,but hockey is my sport. I will choose the Pens over anything. My entire focus is on this amazing run the Pens are on.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
I just can't invest in the Bucs emotionally this year. Pissing away that series in 2013 and then two straight WC game duds crushed my spirits so much that I have to take a season off.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Please just end this miserable series. I'm glad I dosed off last night before a career sub-.200 hitter lit them up for 4 rbi's.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Great play by Serpico.

Btw, Watson has been the biggest problem with the pen thus far. He is one of the best in the world and he keeps getting hammered.

Yeah Lobstein and Scahill are expected to be **** for the most part. But when Watson and Melancon start going this team is in some serious trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad