OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: #Lockedown

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, I'm not extremely worried yet, but I hope it's just a slump, and not some kind of minor nagging injury. No reason to think it is, but hopefully he comes out of this in time for this big stretch of games against NL contenders.

Robbie Ray is going to throw 100 pitches by the 4th inning - we better make him pay with a crooked number at some point.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
2 doubles for Mr. Freese.

YKkeqez.gif

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Liriano needs to step it up and pitch better than this. Not only is he not going to go beyond six innings again, but he's putting guys on base like it's his job and then missing spots badly.

Losing a Liriano vs. Robbie Ray matchup is pretty much a great description of how this team is performing right now.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Well, that was a much better inning from Liriano. It's hard to really hold too fast to this given his style, but as long as he is attack-like towards these batters, he should be able to get through six. That would at least be a salvaged start, to give the bullpen a slight bit of rest.

He doesn't / can't really pitch to contact, so it will be hard to keep the count super low, but hopefully the Diamondbacks will be looking to jump all over him and keep free-swinging.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
They might as well remove the rule. Freese gets under the tag easily if he has the front corner of the plate to slide to. MLB review remains the worst in sports by far.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I'm sick of this blocking the plate ********. If that isn't the definition of blocking the plate then what is?

If I'm the runner and I see the catcher blocking the plate I go back to old school and he is fair game. I'm putting my shoulder down and ramming the catcher.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, this rule is absolutely baffling. MLB is still mostly a big joke.

Big props to Liriano for 1-2-3 the last two innings. If he keeps it up, he might even be able to pitch some of the seventh, since it will be the bottom of the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad