OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Kuhl. Kuhl, Kuhl, Kuhl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Return of the Paek

Jun 19, 2016
Well, I would think you'd be benching someone based on current play, not because of what he did in April/May. So small sample size is appropriate here.

He has done enough to deserve a benching with his current play. he is an atrocious fielder and has probably 3 good games out of his last 15.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
He has done enough to deserve a benching with his current play. he is an atrocious fielder and has probably 3 good games out of his last 15.

Is a benching really going to do anything for his fielding? He is what he is at this point when it comes to the glove. Sitting him isn't going to breath new life into his arm or improve his routes and tracking. And as was stated a couple posts ago, he's hitting over .300 in the past 7 games, even with and 0 for 8 game in there- .323 since the Cubs series.

I can't see anyone going up to a player and telling him that he's going to ride the pine for a game, let alone a series as you suggested earlier, during a stretch of .320 ball. Especially with the schedule as easy and spread out as it is coming out of the break. This is the time you tell Cutch he has to make hay. Sure the Ks are really concerning, but they have been all year and it's not going to change with a sitting.

Last edited:

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Yeah, Cutch was looking like his normal self for the first time in months until that 0 for 8 extra inning game. The Ks are a bit worrying, but he still got on base twice last night in a game where we lacked baserunners.

What concerns me is the type of pitches he is K'ing on. Mostly fast balls that he rarely missed in the past are now his bane. Seems like his timing is off. Why? No idea.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Is a benching really going to do anything for his fielding? He is what he is at this point when it comes to the glove. Sitting him isn't going to breath new life into his arm or improve his routes and tracking. And as was stated a couple posts ago, he's hitting over .300 in the past 7 games, even with and 0 for 8 game in there- .323 since the Cubs series.

I can't see anyone going up to a player and telling him that he's going to ride the pine for a game, let alone a series as you suggested earlier, during a stretch of .320 ball. Especially with the schedule as easy and spread out as it is coming out of the break. This is the time you tell Cutch he has to make hay. Sure the Ks are really concerning, but they have been all year and it's not going to change with a sitting.

No amount of benching is going to fix what ails Cutch. Time/age catches up to us all eventually.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Elias Diaz activated off the 60 Day DL today. It really sucks that the timing of his injury ruled him out of some prime playing time in the show. Would have been nice to get some a nice bunch of ABs and innings behind the dish with Cervelli and Stewart shelved.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
oh my, that pitch was waaaaaaaay inside, but Locke gets the call and the punch out.

Not deserved, but that was huge.

2nd and 3rd one out.

And a double scores 2.

4-3 Brewers.

Idiot fan, being an idiot fan. Probably scores anyway though.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Bases loaded with Brewers, no outs.

Locke taken out of the game.

Jared Hughes enters.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Gets the third out without giving up another run.

So, not terrible, given the circumstances of bases jammed with no outs.

Return of the Paek

Jun 19, 2016
Cutch, killing the team as usual. What a complete bum. The Jeff Locke experiment should have been over 3 years ago. He is dogsh*t.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Schugel says, "I too like to live dangerously."

Bases loaded no outs.

EDIT: 8-4 now, MIL up. Still batting.

Edit: 8-5 as Polanco scores Frazier.

Last edited:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The Bucs had so much momentum before the break and Bell's performance was electric. What does management decide to do? Send Bell back to the minors and it seems all of the excitement and energy left with him. Ticks me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad