OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: It's All Jordy Mercer/Clint Hurdle/Joakim Soria's Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
How do you have a team this ****ing deep and play Pedro Florimon? In a pennant race. In a wildcard fight for a home game against the team you are fighting?

Come on Hurdle...

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
1. Harrison-ss
2. Marte-lf
3. McCutchen-cf
4. Ramirez-3b
5. Walker-2b
6. Cervelli-c
7. Alvarez-1b
8. Morse-rf
9. Happ-p

That lineup still rests Kang and Mercer. Why not that? Why Florimon? No excuse. Hurdle is an idiot.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
You can play one offensive black hole vs a team and slink by, but Florimon and Rodriguez at the same time? That was just asking for a back of the order that was instant outs...

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I hope Hurdle realizes that Mercer can't start tomorrow. The Bucs will be facing perhaps the best pitcher in the national league so they need to have all of their offensive weapons.

Polanco
Marte
McCutchen
Ramirez
Kang
Alvarez
Walker
Cervelli
Pitcher

Unfortunately, we'll probably get this.

Polanco
Marte
McCutchen
Ramirez
Walker
Alvarez
Cervelli
Mercer
Pitcher

Post game, Hurdle marvels over how great Arrieta is while nobody questions him playing Jeff Reboulet 2.0 because being a sports reporter in Pittsburgh requires you to relinquish your balls.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pedro Florimon = Craig Adams

Need him for his glove = Need him to lead the PK Unit

I would say Sean Rodriguez is 10000% Adams. "He's a great utility guy! Can play average at all positions! HE CAN FIX GLOVES!"

Florimon is that call up that won't ever go away. Zach Sill.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
1. Harrison-ss
2. Marte-lf
3. McCutchen-cf
4. Ramirez-3b
5. Walker-2b
6. Cervelli-c
7. Alvarez-1b
8. Morse-rf
9. Happ-p

That lineup still rests Kang and Mercer. Why not that? Why Florimon? No excuse. Hurdle is an idiot.

1-7 are legit threats and Morse could strike gold in the 8th spot. For a rested line up, that's actually very legit.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
As bad as Pedro is, and I've seen some bad stretches, I still get excited when he's at-bat. One swing can change a game. It's not ideal, but he's still a threat.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
It seems like the honeymoon in Pittsburgh for Hurdle is finally starting to end.

Lots of pissed off fans today about his stupid lineup decisions.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
It seems like the honeymoon in Pittsburgh for Hurdle is finally starting to end.

Lots of pissed off fans today about his stupid lineup decisions.

I try not to complain when it comes to the Pirates since they are doing so many things right as an organization. But that lineup that Clint put out in game 2 yesterday was almost arrogantly spiteful and most likely a middle finger to his critics.

I have noticed this type of behavior from people in leadership recently. The more they get criticized the more they double down with their stubbornness and bad decision making.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I wonder how much input Banister had last year with lineup decisions, maybe he was a bigger lose then i realize.

Pirates were in a similar situation last year at this time trying to catch the Cards, i don't remember Hurdle putting these terrible lineups out last year.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
once again, the pirates have a proprietary system for evaluating how well rested their players are that they have been using all season long and remain committed to it regardless of whether we like it or not. this is a holistic decision organization wide in my opinion, and hurdle just gets to wear it.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Article on DK's website states this is all part of the plan and then he says look at the Cardinals fading as evidence for why this is such a good plan.

As a former baseball player, I can tell you, it's not as exhausting as Hurdle wants you to believe.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Article on DK's website states this is all part of the plan and then he says look at the Cardinals fading as evidence for why this is such a good plan.

As a former baseball player, I can tell you, it's not as exhausting as Hurdle wants you to believe.

did you play a 162 game major league season? i mean cmon, i used to play college tennis but i have no idea what its like to be on the pro tour.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
did you play a 162 game major league season? i mean cmon, i used to play college tennis but i have no idea what its like to be on the pro tour.

Do you wanna go 1 on 1 on the courts with the great one? :laugh: I freaking love tennis. Pick a court and let's do this.

And I think the 162 thing is overblown. In this situation, you win the division and you do everything to get 4 games. We have a young team. They can handle it.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Do you wanna go 1 on 1 on the courts with the great one? :laugh: I freaking love tennis. Pick a court and let's do this.

And I think the 162 thing is overblown. In this situation, you win the division and you do everything to get 4 games. We have a young team. They can handle it.

haha you name the place and arrange for the time machine

i think 162 games is probably a much bigger deal mentally than physically and i think that while games against the cubs feel bigger to us fans, from the teams perspective they are no different than any other game remaining on the schedule. only game for certain they would play their 'best 9' metrics be damned would be the wild card, though maybe cardinals games would qualify imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad