OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: It's All Jordy Mercer/Clint Hurdle/Joakim Soria's Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Hats off to lester. for as good a player marte is it's amazing how bad he looks when he's off

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Good pitching by Bastardo... and ARam is ****ing on fire at 3rd. Keep him at 3rd and Kang at short PLEASE.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This game literally comes down to gambling on bench players who were definitely not productive in key spots. That's no shock. Bad management of the series, IMO. Very bad.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
No matter the Cubs will be one and done no matter who they face in the playoffs like Maddon's time with the Rays

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
"Everbody swing at the first pitch". Must of been the mantra in the dug out tonight.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
And we get Arrieta tomorrow. Might have to kiss the division goodbye.

Hurdle will probably cost this team the division. If anybody disagrees I challenge you to explain your reasoning.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
No ****ing excuse for Hurdle putting out a bottom of the order lineup like that. None.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Only playing Polanco (or Walker) and Kang the entire game makes this game completely different. Instead, they put in 2 offensive blackholes that do absolutely nothing offensively. Why couldn't Kang play in both games today? Why could 5 of 8 position players for the Cubs play in both games but only 1 for us could? Hell, I would rather have had Mercer play in that 2nd game than Florimon. Why would you ever start him when you have Harrison, Mercer, Kang and Ramirez as SS and 3rd basemen?

Edit: If they were so insistent on playing as few players as possible in both games, they shouldn't have put Florimon and Rodriguez in the same game. Make Ramirez-Mercer and Harrison-Kang as the 3rd-SS duo and Marte-Rodriguez (or Ishikawa) and Snider-Polanco as the LF-RF duos. Play Morse in one game and Pedro in the other game, ditto with Stewart and Cervelli. Play Walker and McCutchen in both games. Don't compound your sucky players for the 2nd game while the other team keeps in all of their good players.

Last edited:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
If Kang had played both games of the double header, he would have disintegrated into dust. Koreans are notoriously fragile. Hurdle was taking a big chance by letting him pinch hit.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Only playing Polanco (or Walker) and Kang the entire game makes this game completely different. Instead, they put in 2 offensive blackholes that do absolutely nothing offensively. Why couldn't Kang play in both games today? Why could 5 of 8 position players for the Cubs play in both games but only 1 for us could? Hell, I would rather have had Mercer play in that 2nd game than Florimon. Why would you ever start him when you have Harrison, Mercer, Kang and Ramirez as SS and 3rd basemen?

It just doesn't make any sense in the least.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

I swear Hurdle tries to outthink himself most of the time.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Didn't you just reply to my post earlier today before the first game and tell me that the Pirates wanted to avoid playing to many players in both gamea?

And something about the Cubs blowing there load on the first game?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
In Hurdle's post-game.. "He's a tough guy to hit."

THEN WHY ARE YOU STARTING MORSE, FLORIMON, AND RODRIGUEZ? :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Didn't you just reply to my post earlier today before the first game and tell me that the Pirates wanted to avoid playing to many players in both gamea?

And something about the Cubs blowing there load on the first game?

Yes, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. I was assuming that was THEIR logic, not what I wanted to do. I was assuming the Cubs would be doing the same thing as the Pirates would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad