OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: It's All Jordy Mercer/Clint Hurdle/Joakim Soria's Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
5-26-2009-9-54-47-AM-5648400.jpg

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
If i was Hurdle i would let Cole decide who he wants to be his catcher in the wildcard game.

And you can always pinch hit for Stewart if he comes up in a big spot in the game.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Pirates prospects slated for AFL duty...

Pitchers
Steven Brault (Snider deal; 11th Round, 2013 out of Regis University)
Cody Dickson (4th Round, 2013, out of my father's alama mater, Sam Houston State)
Tyler Eppler (6th Round, 2014, also out of my father's alama mater, Sam Houston State)
Brett McKinney (19th Round, 2013, out of Ohio State University)

Hitters
Reese McGuire (1st Round- 14th overall, 2013, out of Kentwood HS in Covington, WA)
Adam Frazier (6th Round, 2013, out of Mississippi State University)
Austin Meadows (1st round- 9th overall, 2013 out of Grayson HS in Loganville, GA)

Bonus Stats-
Frazier's triple slash in Altoona- .326/.383/.411
Brault's line in Altoona- 82 IP (as well as 62 IP in Bradington), 2.20 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 75/19 SO/BB and 1 HR allowed

Last edited:

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
It will be interesting to see what the Pirates do with some of these outfield prospects they have, it doesn't look like there will be any open spots in the Pirates outfield for a long time.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
It will be interesting to see what the Pirates do with some of these outfield prospects they have, it doesn't look like there will be any open spots in the Pirates outfield for a long time.

I can see them trading Marte away. Meadows has a chance to be a lot better.

Unless McCutchen prices himself out of Pittsburgh. Then Meadows will just take his spot.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Unless McCutchen prices himself out of Pittsburgh. Then Meadows will just take his spot.

If the Pirates ever considered trading Marte the Indians seem like a good trading partner for the Pirates.

They need a right handed bat to play center field in the worst way, they got some good young pitchers who are under team control for a long time.

A deal involving Marte for Salazar or Carrasco could make sense for both teams.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

If Marte were to be dangled on the market in a couple years I can't even imagine the coup that would be necessary to move him given how absurdly team-friendly his contract is. Given the contract I really can't see the Pirates being too willing to move him...production will far out-pace pay until he's 32.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If Marte were to be dangled on the market in a couple years I can't even imagine the coup that would be necessary to move him given how absurdly team-friendly his contract is. Given the contract I really can't see the Pirates being too willing to move him...production will far out-pace pay until he's 32.

And that hes gonna be a 280 hitter, 20 homers amd 30 SBs and the best defensive LF in NL at 6mil, heck of a deal. Id ride out the contract and let cutch walk if he wants too much

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Cubs lost today, which is the probably the best possible non-Pirates news to be looking for, given that we are on the precipice of not really needing to worry about the Cardinals until hopefully the NLDS. They are pretty much going to need to go on some kind of mini-skid coupled with a winning streak for us that starts tonight.

As for Marte, I don't think there's any reason to shop him. He's consistently had problems with his own consistency, but his deal is amazing and his production will keep coming. Meadows could make things very interesting--it will be difficult to maximize his value and then trade him without having him come up to MLB, but if he continues on the path he's setting, he could still be a big trading chip in an offseason or in the middle of a season for a young pitcher. There's also the possibility that one of our three could get a big injury in the middle of next season and create an opportunity for him.

For now, it's a nice problem to have.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Yep. And you don't want to count your chickens until they hatch...imagine trading one of them away to open up space for Meadows, only for him to be a Travis Snider-caliber player.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Yep. And you don't want to count your chickens until they hatch...imagine trading one of them away to open up space for Meadows, only for him to be a Travis Snider-caliber player.

They have already moved Bell to 1st... the only guy I think they may move someday is McCutchen in 17 or 18 unless Polonco refuses to sign a long term deal. they cant afford them all and andrew's next contract will be a monster deal

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Over/under on how many hits we get off this skinny rando tonight?

5, I take the under.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah I guess that's somewhat high for a starter anyways. More just whining preemptively about how depressing and futile it is to watch this team right now, knowing that a one game wildcard is what's coming.

We need to at least make this guy work for outs.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Ramirez needs to be a bench player. He's not hitting well enough to start everyday and Kang is a lot better defensively. The infield defense with Kang at SS and Ramirez at 3B is bad, whereas with Mercer at SS and Kang at 3B, it's very good.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
So walks are a problem for Glasnow huh? Well the thing with Locke is, HITS are a problem with him. Like all the time.

Friggen hate watching this scrub pitch.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
It's depressing when you make wildly pessimistic jabs at this team just for the hell of it, and then they go and show you up by looking even more pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad