ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Glasnow is a Cy Young caliber SP
Meadows has 14 HR's and is OPSing 900
Baz pitching well in the minors with top of the rotation upside

for Chris Archer

Never forget the worst trade in the history of the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Imagine where WE are if those guys are in our colors, performing as they are today. Sigh.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
A. Frazier, Richrod, Polanco

For

Deivi Garcia, C.Frazier

I keep coming back to this and thinking it is very much in the ballpark.
Frazier is garbage and doesn’t fit the profile of trades done by BC. He is looking for higher end pieces that will arrive in 23 or 24.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Frazier is garbage and doesn’t fit the profile of trades done by BC. He is looking for higher end pieces that will arrive in 23 or 24.

I wouldn't say he's garbage. It's a semi reclamation project in exchange for the more expensive Polanco. Either way, Garcia would be the headliner

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I wouldn't say he's garbage. It's a semi reclamation project in exchange for the more expensive Polanco. Either way, Garcia would be the headliner
We can just eat Gregory contract it’s off the books this season. Frazier is entering arbitration year 2 and is career 240 hitter. We can get much better for Frazier

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Yeah, I've cooled on Garcia as his control seems to be waning. No interest in Frazier at this stage.

The guys you want on the Yanks are Oswaldo Peraza (SS #4) and the 2 Luis' (Gill/Medina #5 and 7)

Bare minimum Gil or Medina need to be coming back though I wonder if the Yanks will be weary of trading with us given the Taillon optics right now.

Peraza would probably be about the best guy we could legitimately ask for though settling on Gil or Medina + Sikkema (LHP SP #16) and someone else seems more likely.

I'd love to get Gil/Medina + Volpe + Sikkema as a package. That's a borderline top 5 prospect (system), borderline top 10, and then top 15 as a package. Maybe you could throw in another player with Frazier if the Yanks balk at that much of a price though given what we got for Marte, Frazier should have that value and then some given his current hitting prowess, age, and versatility.

But the Yanks seem like a logical trade partner certainly.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Yeah, I've cooled on Garcia as his control seems to be waning. No interest in Frazier at this stage.

The guys you want on the Yanks are Oswaldo Peraza (SS #4) and the 2 Luis' (Gill/Medina #5 and 7)

Bare minimum Gil or Medina need to be coming back though I wonder if the Yanks will be weary of trading with us given the Taillon optics right now.

Peraza would probably be about the best guy we could legitimately ask for though settling on Gil or Medina + Sikkema (LHP SP #16) and someone else seems more likely.

I'd love to get Gil/Medina + Volpe + Sikkema as a package. That's a borderline top 5 prospect (system), borderline top 10, and then top 15 as a package. Maybe you could throw in another player with Frazier if the Yanks balk at that much of a price though given what we got for Marte, Frazier should have that value and then some given his current hitting prowess, age, and versatility.

But the Yanks seem like a logical trade partner certainly.

The Yankees probably leaked the Frazier thing to Heyman, so they are clearly still interested even though the Taillon trade is looking increasingly like a landslide win for us.

At the end of the day Frazier is a known quantity with a low-level all-star ceiling (in fact, he may be an AS this year) and a league average 2B floor. Certainly he is an attractive piece.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The Yankees probably leaked the Frazier thing to Heyman, so they are clearly still interested even though the Taillon trade is looking increasingly like a landslide win for us.

At the end of the day Frazier is a known quantity with a low-level all-star ceiling (in fact, he may be an AS this year) and a league average 2B floor. Certainly he is an attractive piece.

Yeah, Frazier is quite valuable for obvious reasons but couple that with the Yanks glaring need, he should fetch a good return. He's also not a pure rental as he still has 1 more year of arbitration left. I have to imagine at least 2-3 teams really want him for the stretch run.

I'd request:

Peraza - SS #4 - Great all around prospect. Hit, defend, run, only 20 already showing well in A+ ball. He'd be a nice 1-2 punch with Peguero already in the fold. Might give Cherington a reason to come off the HS shortstops.

Luis Gil - SP #5 - Reads a lot like a Contreras type arm. High upside but command will dictate where he ends up. Already showing very well in AA, he's someone you could peg into the rotation by opening day 2023 at the latest.

Ken Waldichuk - SP #27 - Lower ceiling but higher floor type prospect. We need more lefties in the org and given we'd be getting a pair of top 5 prospects I wouldn't want to ask for much more here.

Personally I doubt the Yanks would move Peraza AND another higher end prospect. But Frazier is having a monster year, and would be a critical add for a team like NY, trying to keep the ship moving in the right direction.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Not that this really matters, but this injury definitely knocks Swaggerty down the list of our prospects. He was just much closer than many of his peers in the outfield.

Also, since I've witnessed Jake Guentzel play like a total starts-with-p-ends-with-y post-shoulder issue, I can't help but let that cloud my thinking.

I had Swaggerty, Yajure and Cruz as #5-7 (no particular order) before these injuries. Now Yajure probably moves to 10 or something and Swaggerty goes to the 13-15 range.

Jake's shoulder injury was far worse than usual. It was really bad, and seriously effected his game this season.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Rocker against Presbyterian starting. This is a must dominate game for him. No excuse for not pitching a gem against that team.

Lot of baseball on the TV tonight haha.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
If Keller wants to prove anything to me, he can start tonight by going back to back with quality starts. Consistency (after command) is his biggest weakness. Last week was a good outing.

No more of this one step forward and 2 back routine!

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Rocker's been perfect through 2. couple of K's in the 2nd inning, 21 pitches, 15 for strikes and 94-95 w/ the FB. Just needs to keep doing that against these guys. Vandy cruising 6-0.

Correction, forgot about him hitting Toth in the 1st. Other than that, he's aces through 3. Probably won't need him to go deep in this game but at 34 pitches through 3, he should at least get 7 tonight. Hopefully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad