OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Congrats to the Houston Cheaters on their win

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yep. Agree 100%. He's been hitting up top for a long time now and his skillset lends itself to being in that role.
Yeah and it also goes without saying, but he has better lineup protection up there and so should see better pitches which = better for him + more offense in general.

I do think Marcano really looked great at the top of the order and showed a good command of the zone, seeing a lot of pitches, etc. With that skillset plus the speed, that's a nice potential leadoff guy. I'm not sure how I'd line them up, but Cruz should be higher than 6th. You might even be able to slot him into the cleanup spot, and then have guys like Vogey/Chavis/Suwinski hitting behind him. That could be a sweet spot where he bats with guys on base, but can also create havoc if he like gets a single and there are two outs with those guys up, plus making the pitcher have to worry about him.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Cubs are a horrible team.

Good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to lose. The more I watch the Pirates, the more I realize they're not a truly "bad" team.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
This is a Cube masterclass so far, but I fully expect Contreras to hit like 6 HRs the rest of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad