OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Congrats to the Houston Cheaters on their win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Damn, Mitchell absolutely tattooed that ball, it's a shame that didn't drop.

Time for Peguero to get a big hit in his first game.

Edit: walk for Peguero against a very good reliever, really nice AB for him. But still doesn't matter because they're still down 6-5 with 2 outs.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Disappointing loss but that was totally on the bullpen. Shame, the bats showed up and I thought Quintana had a solid start as well.

Peguero looked solid in his first game. He's clearly not MLB ready but a single and a walk in your first game is not a bad start. I imagine he goes down tomorrow and Cruz takes his spot.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
The roster construction did them no favors today. The fact that despite having used only two guys off the bench to that point they had no available pinch hitters for Heineman in the 8th was a dagger. How do you have so few bench options with 26 men on the roster.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Suwinski really developing.

Keller deserves some props as well. Another very competitive, solid outing. He's on a good trajectory right now to be a serviceable pitcher that retains upside (the way Glasnow was in 2017-2018 for us).

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
We can debate the merits of Cruz coming up earlier in the season or not but it is unequivocally clear: this weekend was service time manipulation.

Maybe it wouldn't have mattered as I bet he gets slaughtered against lefties - especially plus stuff lefties like Rodon. But today I would have liked to have seen him.

It was refreshing to see the team today have a chance against a righty with average stuff. As hard as I am on the team we have faced a brutal stretch of ++ stuff guys or lefties as of late.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This start was Keller's 4th start in a row where he has given up 2 or fewer runs, so he's definitely showing some progress. His ERA and FIP since May 1st are both below 4.00, which is superbly not bad for a lower rotation guy. And that sample size includes 2 games where he got smoked pretty badly in May with 5 runs in less than 5 innings.

Reactions: Gallatin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

The Pirates are starting to add some power with these call-ups. Madris is an unranked prospect in their pool according to Fangraphs, but he's slugging .526 in Indy this year. I think he won't be up for long though, I think he likely goes down as soon as Gamel is ready and that seems like it will be soon.

My bet is that Madris goes down when Gamel comes off of the IL, Chang is DFA'd when Newman comes off of the IL and Park goes down when Marcano comes off of the IL, which leaves them with these 13 hitters:

C: Heineman, Perez
1B: Chavis
2B: Castillo, Marcano
SS: Newman, Cruz
3B: Hayes
LF: Gamel, Mitchell
CF: Reynolds
RF: Suwinski
DH: Vogelbach

This also makes me wonder what will happen with VanMeter, do they demote Marcano with VanMeter back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad