OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Apollo, you wanna to ring the Bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm not sure why we don't just concede this inning and let Kingham bat, but also, it doesn't matter.

I'm traveling out of the country on Monday, so I don't think I'm going to get to see a Pirates win in real time until I'm back the week of May 12.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I'm not sure why we don't just concede this inning and let Kingham bat, but also, it doesn't matter.

I'm traveling out of the country on Monday, so I don't think I'm going to get to see a Pirates win in real time until I'm back the week of May 12.

Safe travels to you DJ. Maybe the Pirates can win a game or two by the time you come back.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Thanks. I'm tempted to just not watch tomorrow in case I'm the curse. Maybe we can go on a winning streak.

At least there are some vague underlying positives of late with Kela and RichRod. In fact, if Marte and Dickerson can come back pretty soon, I won't actually be too surprised if we can pull off a nice 7-8 game winning streak, if we can get numerous players on offense all clicking at once. Assuming that this return will happen in about a week or so, the question IMO is actually if we're going to lose basically every game between now and then. Sweep this weekend feels almost predestined, and then something like 1-1 vs Texas, 1-2 series, 1-1 again. That would hold serve at about 5 games under .500, which would amount to a pretty bad scenario but not an unmanageable one.

Reactions: TNT87

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm really down on Archer.

Hes not a terrible pitcher or anything, but hes not close to the type of pitcher the Pirates thought they were getting.

It also really annoys me when he pitches because i'm always reminded of that trade that really bothers me.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Thanks. I'm tempted to just not watch tomorrow in case I'm the curse. Maybe we can go on a winning streak.

At least there are some vague underlying positives of late with Kela and RichRod. In fact, if Marte and Dickerson can come back pretty soon, I won't actually be too surprised if we can pull off a nice 7-8 game winning streak, if we can get numerous players on offense all clicking at once. Assuming that this return will happen in about a week or so, the question IMO is actually if we're going to lose basically every game between now and then. Sweep this weekend feels almost predestined, and then something like 1-1 vs Texas, 1-2 series, 1-1 again. That would hold serve at about 5 games under .500, which would amount to a pretty bad scenario but not an unmanageable one.

Nutting is the curse.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I'm really down on Archer.

Hes not a terrible pitcher or anything, but hes not close to the type of pitcher the Pirates thought they were getting.

It also really annoys me when he pitches because i'm always reminded of that trade that really bothers me.

And my point all along was that it made zero sense for a team that was building for 3 years in the future. ZERO SENSE

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Moran pops up to third. No one moves. 2 outs.

Bell up to bat.

Pirates 0-15 this season with bases loaded.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I wish I could say I'm surprised but I would have been more surprised if they actually scored a run.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Absolutely figures that we'd put up an early 5-spot and it still won't be enough to win.

Also, on top of the laundry list of injuries to our depth chart, top prospects are now going down. Oneil Cruz broke his foot last night.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I didnt think we could match our 14-32 stretch from last year....but its gonna be worse.

About to lose 8 in a row...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Rays continue to be the team we should be right now. Fun to watch.

Id take a 120 loss season if it meant Hurdle is finally fired...these players arent buying in. How they dont see that is beyond me. Worst part about it is Hurdle actually thinks hes the best manager in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad