Salary Cap: Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, Bright copper kettles, Phil Kessel's Mittens

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
No you need one extra forward and an extra defenseman. So that's 22. A lot of teams will carry 23.

I think it's fair to say we won't carry the extra guy given our circumstances, but regardless when doing a what-if scenario with the cap you still have to leave a little bit of room for when guys get hurt for short periods of time (and if you want to make a deadline deal obviously if you can). So yeah, what you said lol.

Where's this Armchair GM thing on Hockeyscap? I couldn't find it.

Chili Goal

Professor of Goonism
May 27, 2009
again, I don't believe we are even eligible to offer sheet anyone at a level that would involve that 2nd round pick.

the conditions of the trade include the provision about us missing the playoffs, lottery protecting our 2016 1st. In that case, it flips to a 2017 1st and, correspondingly, we'd get a 2017 2nd versus our own 2016.

we can't fulfill the offer sheet compensation requirements with a pick that has provisions assigned to it.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I think it's fair to say we won't carry the extra guy given our circumstances, but regardless when doing a what-if scenario with the cap you still have to leave a little bit of room for when guys get hurt for short periods of time (and if you want to make a deadline deal obviously if you can). So yeah, what you said lol.

Where's this Armchair GM thing on Hockeyscap? I couldn't find it.

https://www.hockeyscap.com/armchair-gm/

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Ya know, we don't necessarily HAVE to trade anyone yet.

https://www.hockeyscap.com/armchair-gm/team/12772

I'd like to see Kunitz gone, but that's still decent depth AND we have>1,000,000 in cap space.

Edit: But JR should still try everything humanly possible to get Scuderi off this team. Loan him to the Asian league maybe.

Correct, we have $5.4m in cap space.

Think we just need 1 BG (Zatkoff) and 3 4th liners.

Should have $2m in space at least.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
He speaks!!!

As a side-note, I highly recommend something along the lines of: "The Phil Speaketh" for the next Salary Cap GDT.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I just thought Weber would be a cheap option for veteran leadership. Plus he is from Pittsburgh. I also figured it would be a way to unload Kunitz and not have to give up anything of use to do it. Also Weber is a free agent next summer so it is just a cushion to support the young D

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I bet Kessel is doing cartwheels knowing he's done with the Toronto media.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
CI7cc9KXAAARlu4.jpg

AR5

Mar 7, 2014

This doesn't sound so good...
My plan? Early retirement? Or, just, which restaurants to hit first?

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Did I miss something!?

On page 38, I posted my armchair GM roster. I had traded Kunitz to Buffalo for Mike Weber (29 y/o, free agent next year, makes just $1.5M). I figured he would be a decent insurance plan for the d this year and can either be resigned next summer or let go.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
that scuderi story was pretty epic. real liked martin, but paying a guy like him that much money to help his transition from his 30s to 40s is utter madness.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

This doesn't sound so good...
My plan? Early retirement? Or, just, which restaurants to hit first?

Don't read too much into it. He spent what... 6/7 years in Toronto, and was just traded. Now needs to deal with packing, finding a place, moving, and being "the new guy". Talk about having a massive wrench tossed into whatever summer plans he may of had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad