OT: Raiders news, notes

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Geez.
It says he got a prescription. Likely from a non raider’s associated doctor. Thus the proper paperwork to get the exemption was not made.

That’s on Jimmy and his agent for not checking back in with the raiders staff. Players should seek outside medical advice as you should never fully trust a teams medical staff.

But any meds you get prescribed by your own doctor you need to let the raiders know. Cause if he did and they dropped the ball with the paperwork for the exemption then he should have a case against the raiders for the money he loses.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No hard in listening. Spent a 1st and 2nd on him. So, at best it would likely be a 2 & 3 coming back if they did part with him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Renfrow and Garapolo gone
Jimmy was expected. And with Renfrow, he's a slot guy but Adams and it seems like Meyers as well like to work the middle, and with TE Mayer, it would get congested to have 4 targets within 15 yards of the LOS. Using Tucker gives them a vertical threat at the WR3 spot to pull the safeties back.
Renfrow is a good player. Would not shock me to see NO sign him or a team that values that slot WR position.

Have to eat the balance of the $17 mill left from his pro-rated SB, but freed up from his $11.25 mill base salary that was guaranteed which is now freed up from the PED suspension.

Renfrow was due $11.1 mill in salary, so it made sense to move off him given his usage. Think he does land on his feet elsewhere.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Buys them the option to not panic and use up assets in a trade up. If McCarthy does get past NYG at 6, then I can see a trade up to jump Min/Den. Likely to ATL since they should target Defence and can thus afford to drop down a bit and still get a very good player or one of top 2-3 defenders in the draft.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Raiders officially release 4

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

In light of the Chargers cap crunch, I do have my concerns about TT managing the cap. Accomplished nothing with Herbert on the rookie contract. Either you load up with lots of great players or you take higher cap hits on your better players so that you can keep them once your QB gets paid.

Like Texans getting Hunter for 2 years at $49 mill, so he's off the books when Stroud gets paid. That's going for it while you have your QB.

I'm not sure I like the way Wilkins cap hit is setup at $11.5, $35, $32 mill the next 3 seasons. Not a fan of the $23 mill jump against the cap. Feel like they should be pushing $7 mill of the charges from 25/26 into 2024 so that the jump is only $10-12 mill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad